Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:49 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 19 posts ] 

Post subject: So Much to Talk About (D1, LM, Ashitae Maru)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:03 pm 

It wasn't easy to arrange the meeting. It needed to be relatively public to avoid rampant rumors, it needed to appear coincidental for the same reason, but they needed some measure of privacy. It was natural for Edogawa to be aboard ship, continuing general inspections. Howerver, the Ashitae Maru was named after inspiration from Kaiya. She was welcome to inspect it herself.

At the moment, Edogawa was at the bow, looking out over the harbor.

Carries: Wakizashi, Rapier, Tools
Speaks: Rokugani, Merenaese, Thranish, Sign
Accompanied By: Nari

Post subject: Re: So Much to Talk About (D1, LM, Ashitae Maru)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:54 pm 

Stepping up beside him was Kaiya, having made her way here at the moments notice. Sakia was nearby but otherwise afforded the two some privacy. Using the time to see to matters that would allow for any number of questions to be answered satisfactorily. In fact, Sakia was getting quite the rundown of the progress of the ships preparations and generally it's capabilities from the hands that found themselves idle.

Without interrupting she looked to him, waiting for him to start.

Language: Sign, Mekhem
Attendant - Isabella [Merenease, Mekhem]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:03 pm 

"You're so beautiful." he said softly. He tried to smile, but couldn't hide the sorrow in his eyes.

"I made a mistake yesterday." he signed slowly, "A grave one. I said something I shouldn't have during my mother's party. It will force me to separate from my family and distance myself from everyone I care about to preserve their reputation and to keep them safe. This includes you, Kaiya-chan."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:50 pm 

Sorrow, it was easy enough to read and that kept a smile from touching Kaiya's lips when he complimented her. If anything she seemed to focus herself more on what he was about to say. Allowing the full breadth of everything to be taken in. Kaiya had learned the benefit in retaining oneself. Holding back the immediate response and finding the best course.

Which lead her hands to action after a breath, 'There is much of me you do not know, if you believe that I am a woman who could not survive being connected to someone who spoke poorly.'

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:14 am 

"You are the strongest woman I know, but the danger and shame I have brought upon myself have not been fully realized yet. I will likely be targeted for my words by the highest powers. Only my connection to Jama-no-kimi might offer any protection. But, I am likely to face his wrath as well."

He was still and quiet for a moment.

"My Mother will not consider me for marriage. She intends to betrothe every unwed Explorer with a suitable match. I, however, am not suitable. There is no place for me here. My best options are to stay at sea and never return to the Empire."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:55 am 

Kaiya looked to Edogawa with a look in her eyes that couldn't be easily categorized in simple terms or phrases, confusion, anger, sadness, all emotions and responses that played their part. Perhaps most worrisome was how none of this left her eyes, it was slowly but surely cast aside with each cool breath she made and found a way to center herself. Leaning heavily on the sword at her hip.

Finally, she answered, asking a simple question.

'What did you say?'

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:59 am 

He didn't respond immediately, considering what to tell her.

'"That the Emperor has a daughter, older than either Prince."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:25 am 

Stupid.

At least, that was her immediate response that came to mind. Though come a year past she might have said something of the same nature herself had she thought it was right. Still, it certainly put Edogawa in a nightmarish position and whoever gave him the advice to stay gone... they were right.

'When we leave, we will speak more of this,' she signed quickly, finding that there will be safety outside of the borders of Rokugan to discuss such things. Things like if that were actually the truth.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:35 am 

'"Of course." he agreed. '"I just needed to tell you, so you could protect yourself. I'm sorry."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:06 am 

'Do not apologize, not to me,' she signed in response. Pausing to think of the right way to express herself.

Meeting his eyes she gave a light, reassuring smile before signing, 'We will figure this out.'

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:26 am 

"Alright. Just be careful." he managed a smile. "Whatever my mother tells you, consider it. It may not be favorable towards me, but she does have an understanding of the situation and her advice is well intended. I will support whatever you decide. I want you to be happy, Kaiya."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:54 am 

'I will keep your thoughts, her thoughts, in mind,' she signed but then drifted to thought on the topic for a moment.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:38 pm 

"Whatever happens, we will have some time together to discuss it and the other matters we are involved in." he added. "Until the fleet returns to the Empire."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:59 am 

Kaiya nodded solemnly on that note, feeling there wasn't much more to add but not feeling the need to walk away just yet. Instead she looked out over the bow and off into the horizon.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:03 am 

He took in the view, as well. There wasn't more they could say. But, they could share a few more moments together.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:21 pm 

After a while Kaiya's hand had gently made it's way to his forearm. Holding there for a moment while she found the strength to do what she needed to do and then, without anything more to say she turned away from him as she turned around. Walking toward Sakia who quickly looked up and caught the message Kaiya left with just before the Imperial woman disembarked from the boat with a graceful haste.

Sakia approached Edogawa and said simply, "Seppun Kaiya-sama says that you will speak again soon. There is much she must do now, and that requires her to focus," she glanced aside, seeming to have added that last part of her own volition.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:25 pm 

"I understand." He continued to stare at the water. "We both have much to do. I will see you both soon."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:27 pm 

Sakia didn't say another word, merely bowed respectfully and made her swift departure.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:30 pm 

Nari made his way to Edogawa's side, prompting the Miya to give him his attention. They sat together on the deck of the Ahitae Maru, comforting each other as they watched the women depart.

/scene

Page 1 of 1 [ 19 posts ]