Login FAQ  
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:30 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Do enlighten me (Day 1 LA Koharu's)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:38 pm 

After a busy morning Koharu set to preparing for the exam to come that evening. She wanted to challenge herself. Wanted to see all that she was lacking.

Wanted a distraction.

The lack of contact from Sanjuro bothered her and she was making do with keeping herself busy. Only sometimes, in the moments between when her mind wandered, did her feelings betray her. Now was one of those moments.

Sucking in air sharply she shook her head and got up, striding over to the window and opening it to smell the sea air. This will be everything soon, won't it? It would be her duty and her burden. Only a year before she'd started to feel less alone. It amazed her that in just a few days that could change. The doubt was gnawing away at her.

Standing in the sun she tried to control her breathing and calm herself as she had been taught. She needed to focus. There were things to do and this was starting to affect her work.

Post subject: Re: Do enlighten me (Day 1 LA Koharu's)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:42 pm 

It had taken her some time to find out where Koharu lived in the city, especially since she had asked around without asking Sanjuro about it. But at last she did find it. Their first meeting had... not gone over too well, she felt, and to a large degree, she blamed herself for not having kept her cool enough with Sanjuro's drunken appearance. She was supposed to be better than that, after all; a true Doji lady who was always on top of a situation who could handle everything her way with grace.

Drawing a deep breath to ease her own concerns, she tapped firmly on the door to Koharu's home.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:54 pm 

The sound of the firm tap quickly pulled her away from her thoughts. I'm not expecting anyone...? She turns to the door, taking a few steps toward it. "Ano, hai?" She calls back. Perhaps it was the servants of the household, or even one of the residents?

She slides the door open carefully to greet whoever it was.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:01 am 

"Sumimasen," came the first reply as she called, the voice seeming familiar. And as the door opened, Utsusemi bowed. "'It's Agasha Utsusemi. I hope I am not intruding upon your time?"

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:08 am 

"K-konnichiwa." Utsusemi was not a visitor Koharu might have expected. Returning the bow quickly and dutifully she steps to the side and makes a sweeping gesture of invitation. "Ano, I see you have found my room Agasha-sama. Please come in."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:13 am 

"Thank you. Please forgive me for intruding," she bowed once more as she stepped inside.

"... I feel I must apologise, for being a poor host the other day." Raising her arms slightly, she withdrew a small wooden box from her sleeve that smelled distinctly like tea. A very familiar tea to any Doji. "It was very improper of me."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:20 am 

"Iie, iie." Koharu deflects politely. "It's no intrusion." The Doji moves to gently close the door and to walk over to her table, inviting Utsusemi to take a seat with a small indicating movement of her hand. It was another thing that would be familiar to any Doji. She therefore almost chuckled as, at the same time, she smelled Utsusemi's tea.

Smiling a little she shakes her head. "It was kind of you to tend to a guest, but you are a guest too, ne? I thought you were very sweet." Koharu goes on to reassure her. The Agasha might have noticed the Doji was more relaxed and confident in her own home. "You have nothing to apologise for Agasha-sama." Taking a seat she studies the other woman thoughtfully. Being less nervous today, her mind caught up in other things, she subconsciously notes how pretty and feminine Utsusemi is. No doubt she had been a magnificent Doji bride.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:27 am 

As Koharu called her sweet, she could not help but to smile a little. "Oh, I do not know if I would use the word sweet... the... unusual situation made me a little flustered and it was rude of me to leave so abruptly." Even if it felt like the best decision to make at that time.

"If you would kindly accept this, as a token of my apology, it would lessen some of my embarrassement," she offered the box of tea, along with her second offer of apology.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:38 am 

Relaxing a little, settling into the custom easily, she smiles again. "You were very considerate. I was embarrassed too for disturbing Agasha Sanjuro-san at that time. Ano, surely your kind offer is too much for such a small thing."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:42 am 

She considered saying that perhaps they should not have disturbed him, then she hated to think what could have happened if Koharu had not stopped him from drinking that afternoon.

"Then please, accept this tea at least as a small token to start our acquaintance again, on a little better footing than it last did. I would hate for it to have been cut short so soon."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:48 am 

Flattered yet humble, Koharu bowed her head respectfully. "Ja, then you simply must share it with me so that we can get to know one another better. Thank you Agasha-sama... please, sit, ne?" Koharu suggests while looking up to Utsusemi curiously.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:53 am 

"I'd be more than happy to," she smiled in return, taking the offered seat. "I could even prepare it for you in a tea ceremony, if you'd like? With all that's going on today, like the matchmaker calling all the unmarried explorers in to her offices, it might do you good to refresh your mind and soul."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:26 am 

The Crane blinks and nods at the idea. "That would be lovely. Before you came I was actually studying for the test this evening." And I don't feel very centered.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:34 am 

"Oh? Is this the exam for potential captains I have heard about? I admit it's not something I aspire to, seeing as Miya-sama has already entrusted me with the responsibility of chaperoning the unwed samurai on the journey."

She would not be so rude as to begin looking through Koharu's home for all they needed for a tea ceremony.

---

Roll done at least, so you don't have to wait for it ^_^
D1 LA Tea Ceremony with Koharu TN 15: 7d10o10k3 27

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:42 am 

It would be no fuss to call the servants and Koharu does so after replying in affirmation. "Hai. I thought I'd challenge myself. Probably foolishness, but... but I wanted to see where my failings lie."

Getting up Koharu ensures the servants are made aware to bring some boiling water for Utsusemi. Anything else too. It doesn't take long.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:45 am 

Utsusemi waited patiently as all that was needed was being called for. "Aha, I see. Well, we cannot strive for excellence if we do not at least give it a try, no? Perhaps an unpopular thought among some Crane, but I personally always found it nescessary to push a little bit more than only attempting challenges I had practiced several times over. I do wish you the best of luck on the test."

"I also admire that it is the exam that is more on your mind than the meeting with the matchmaker."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:11 am 

"Arigatou. Honestly it's more because I met with her earlier today... she can be a little intimidating." Koharu confessed as Utsusemi began her tea ceremony preparations.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:35 am 

"Ah, is that so?" she chuckled calmly, finding her own calm as she began the preparations. "How did it go? I understand if you do not wish to tell me."

Her lips pressed together briefly with an amused expression, as if there was something more she wanted to ask in that regard.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:54 pm 

"Ano... I think it's still being decided. She didn't make a firm decision then and there." Koharu answers after a moment's contemplation.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:33 am 

"Of course," she nodded, understanding that there was much that could change within the day for the young girl. "Do not worry. I know it can feel very intimidating to meet with a matchmaker, but matchmakers are not the cruel villains some young people wish to portray them as."

Utsusemi chuckled. "It has been some years since I was in a similar position myself, but I can relate to the feelings around it. If I can offer any advice or consolation, you need only ask, Doji-san."

Theme #5Profile

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next