Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:06 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Post subject: (D1 EE) Ebb and Flow
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:43 am 

The priestess came to the beach once more, though this time she went straight to the water line. She entreated the kami to come to her, to help her in alleviating some of the pain that had occurred due to her bout with the Akodo woman. The waters shifted for a brief moment to communicate to her but they soon dissipated, as quickly as any tide. Akarei let out a soft sigh and pulled out her medicine kit. I really should find a scroll on healing wounds...

---

D1 EE Importune for Path to Inner Peace TN 20: 6d10o10k2 8

D1 EE Medicine/Intelligence TN 20, 1 CR: 5d10o10k4 26
D1 EE Wound Recovery, +1k0 from 1 CR: 2d10o10k1 9

Wounds: 8

General Theme | Stargazing Theme | Battle Theme

Typically Carries: Robes, Mask, Fan, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Divination Kit, Paper Wards

Post subject: Re: (D1 EE) Ebb and Flow
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:25 am 

Perhaps he should have told the Nakodo he enjoyed long walks through the beach; sure they didn't have a romantic overtone and they generally involved some sort of foreigner getting shafted or some sort of moonlight deal being brokered but that could be left for the other party to try and grasp.

His inner monologue was quickly halted when he noticed the woman in this distance, recognizing her as the outstanding priestess from the past events. He moved towards her, greeting her upon closing the distance between the two.

"And here I was thinking I was the only that had thought the evening would be a nice time to visit the beach."

Equipment: Rapier, navigation tools, light armor when applicable

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:43 pm 

I wonder if the portents meant my marriage would be full of turmoil. She let out a soft sigh. Stupid Imperials

She looked over at the man standing before her. A Gaijin? No, one wouldn't approach me, right? She suppressed her tongue for the time being and replied, "I suppose I am eager to have the journey begin."

Typically Carries: Robes, Mask, Fan, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Divination Kit, Paper Wards

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:02 pm 

He let a small chuckle and turned his eyes towards the horizon, "I guess that is a good answer." The man obviously had gaijin blood in him but one could see he also had a hefty amount of Rokugani in him; he was probably mixed race.

"I am Muhaki Zabieru," he introduced himself, turning his eyes to her. "I guess you are some sort of priest? I've seen you in the previous events. You have this ominous feel around you."

"I like it."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:08 pm 

"Yogo Akarei," she stated, still not incredibly enthusiastic to be speaking to a man of any Gaijin blood. The woman nodded to affirm that she was, indeed, a priestess, but she was taken aback by the further comments. After a few moments of silence, the only response she could think of was, "I see."

Damn Tortoise...

She kicked up a bit of sand. "I suppose I am rather distinguishable."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:21 pm 

If the Tortoise noticed her distaste for his gaijin blood he didn't show it. "Well your clan is pretty noticeable no?" he casually motioned to her mask "Curious tradition."

"But you? Yes. Most certainly," his tone betrayed his excitement. "I mean you're not the type of woman that will make most men turn their head but most men are idiots. You are smart and most importantly you command powers that I could not begin to grasp."

He bit his lip as he studied her. "Is it weird?" he commented "To speak with the kami, that is."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:17 pm 

The masks are not so surprising for any Rokugani.

She was about to roll her eyes behind her mask until he mentioned her intellect. Perhaps red hair is not so uncommon for him then? Fascinating, actually. The woman took a breath and turned to the ocean. "Before you approached me, I was communicating with the water kami. However, they do not speak audibly. They communicate by shifting the water itself."

Akarei looked back to him with a wry grin. "But is it weird? It may be that speaking to humans is what is strange."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:30 am 

He eyed the ocean and then the woman "So the kami speak through their element..." he pursed his lips in thought. "That is intriguimg to say the least."

"And how do you manage to coax them into doing your bidding?"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:50 pm 

The woman shrugged. "Do you consider speaking to be natural to fire? Though it is true that a passionate fire kami will flare up if provoked."

She patted her scroll sarchel. "The invocations are transcribed here. However, in general each kami desires something different. The air kami, for example, are fascinated by human emotion."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:17 pm 

"Human emotions?" he scratched his chin. "So Fire would be destruction and creation? Now that is a very troublesome conversation to be had."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:33 pm 

"Most offerings to the fire kami involve burning some sort of material. From incense to treasured items, the fire kami enact their reputation as the element of change."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:51 pm 

"You know," he smiled and turned back to the oceans. "I always loved to read about shugenjas and magic. It is... so fascinating. To be able to tap into a world that nobody else sees and that they merely feel the edges..."

"It is much like sailing the ocean you know?" he commented and sighed.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:41 pm 

"It is a blessing," the priestess affirmed, "Though it is not all about the prayers. We attend to rites which are less flashy but are important all the same."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:54 pm 

"Oh," the man showed genuine interest. "Perhaps you could enlighten me about them?"

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ]