Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:22 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 2 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: New Era in Naval Warfare [LM1]
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:21 pm 

Hinami was not so convinced about the musketeers, especially now, that she noticed that a ronin was chosen to become their first commander. A ronin. Seppun Hiraga must be completely ashamed.

Disgraceful. She covered her mouth with her fan. Is there no proper bushi among the explorers? What a scandal... She thought.

She observed the new ronin officer from afar '' So, Hantei's-denka voyage security is now resting on the shoulders of a ronin...'' She whispered with disapproval

Languages: Rokugani
Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
Mon: Seppun, Otomo
D13 Theme

Since D6 LA accompanied by Megumi, a Rokugani ronin translator.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:07 pm 

Suihime had brought her fan up as well as Wata was announced as the winner. Hantei-denka is going to be furious with this. The Ronin that was thrown out of the Phoenix on Jama's command, now leading his security. She shook her head, and took a moment before she spoke to Hinami.

"He won't be doing it alone. Asahina Yajinden-dono will be there" she spoke quietly to the Seppun woman "how the units he leads will feel however..."

Imperial * Captain of the Ashitae Maru * Courtier *Imperial Explorer * Herald * Jama's Retainer * Bookworm * Jinn-Touched * Prolific Pundit on Gaijin Affairs * Gaijin-curious * Princess of the Imperial Navy * Profile
Status: 4.0 | Glory 7.8 | Honour/Faith Exceptional | Reputation 1.3

Languages: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, ???

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:56 am 

'' This is outrageous. So low have the clans fell in their training that now even ronin are better than them? Shameful.'' She continued whispering behind her fan. '' Well, at least Asahina Yajinden-sama would be there to get things done correctly, with Hantei's-denka personal close inspection.''

This was the clear example that the clans were weak and pathetic. In any case, Hinami changed the subject of conversation. '' So, Miya Suihime-san have you though about your future?'' She asked about her future betrothal.

Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
D13 Theme

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:17 am 

Startled from the words of Hiraga, the ronin knew everything would be hard from now on. Not only would he have to prove to the crew that he was able, but now even his life was on danger. His happy moment was a bitter one.

Gusai Ryoshida wrote:
"I wish to speak with you."

Wata heard the regally commanding voice from behind. He knew it to belong to Ryoshida.

And now maybe even another threat, this time from the Mantis Champion. The ronin turned to face the Champion, placing his face down towards the ground once more, he could feel the sand rubbing on his forehead. "I am honored, Gusai Ryoshida-sama."

Carries: Daisho, Pistol, Light Armor, Personal Seal, Pillow Book, Fan, Coin Case, Jade, Parchments and Coal
Languages: Broken Merenaese and Rokugan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:19 am 

"Not honoured enough." Ryoshida replied. "I value courage, competence and exceeding one's limitations. If my progenitor had not been daring, I would not have a Clan whose lands none other could have reached. If my great-grandfather had not been daring, I would not have a name. If my grandfather and father and I had not been daring, I would not have a Hantei princess for a mother, the power, the wealth and the recognition. Maybe what I saw today was a happenstance but my bet is that is not. If you yourself think you are a good investment, I will make it. If you swear fealty to me now, I will accept it."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:00 am 

Seppun Hinami wrote:
'' This is outrageous. So low have the clans fell in their training that now even ronin are better than them? Shameful.'' She continued whispering behind her fan. '' Well, at least Asahina Yajinden-sama would be there to get things done correctly, with Hantei's-denka personal close inspection.''

This was the clear example that the clans were weak and pathetic. In any case, Hinami changed the subject of conversation. '' So, Miya Suihime-san have you though about your future?'' She asked about her future betrothal.

Suihime was more then happy to change subjects, nodding to her question. "When you grow up in the home of the Imperial Matchmaker, marriage is always a topic" she gave a polite chuckle "and having arranged a marriage myself now, I understand the inner workings of the process much better. I believe that my mother will arrange a match suitable for her daughter, and one that we can both agree is going to be a welcome addition to the family.

At least I hope she will agree he's a good addition...

"What about Seppun-sama? A woman of your importance would demand only the best for a husband. Have you considered your future husband?"

Imperial * Captain of the Ashitae Maru * Courtier *Imperial Explorer * Herald * Jama's Retainer * Bookworm * Jinn-Touched * Prolific Pundit on Gaijin Affairs * Gaijin-curious * Princess of the Imperial Navy * Profile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:01 am 

Wata was caught off guard, he was happy to remember his face was bent in respect to the Champion, since his eyes suddenly bugged out. He had not expected Gusai-sama to propose him to join the clan, at least not so soon. He still had not thought it through, he was still hoping for the Phoenix... but was that a possibility still? The samurai raised his head slightly, so that he and the Champion could look at each others face.

"I have thrived." He started with pride, "I have proven my value when many thought I was not worthy." His chest seem to bulge as his own words affected himself, making his words stronger, more decisive. "I have come a long way, exceeding my limitations. I have shown many around me that Success is at arms reach if you at least try." He allowed the words to sink into the Champion. He didn't desire to appear more than what he was, what the Champion had already found him to be, but what others still didn't see. "I would gladly join the Mantis, yet I hope it is because of my merits, and not because of what I bring to the clan. And I also hope that what I bring to the clan will be rewarded appropriately. The Commander of the Teppodoka Regiment can't be expected to be some low samurai of the clan, I would reason."

(If I'm bringing the place of Commander to the clan, and knowing that the Mantis Champion wants the Mantis clan to be acknowledged, I hope to get some things back as well.)

Carries: Daisho, Pistol, Light Armor, Personal Seal, Pillow Book, Fan, Coin Case, Jade, Parchments and Coal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:48 am 

"I heard what Seppun Hiraga said and I concur with him that what you've just accomplished is the very beginning. Prove yourself to your superiors and your subordinates in the Imperial Navy and a day will come when I'll name you a captain and a gunso in my forces. I will treat you no better than your mettle will lead me to. As of now, you will be like my other vassals, having a shot at prosperity and greatness. I will look forward to your true Success. Now swear."

[After swearing the oath of fealty Wata will receive the outfit and stipend of a Gusai Bushi; the tax on buying off Social Disadvantage: Ronin is waived.]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:05 am 

Wata took out his wakizashi, in its sheath, with his left hand, and placed it before the Champion of the Mantis. With great decor he placed his head on the sand, fully prostrated behind the wakizashi towards the Mantis. He raised slightly his head ad so that his voice could be headadard, though still facing the ground.

"From this forth, I, Wata, a man with no other family or clan ties, swear my devotion, my fealty, my life to the clan of the Mantis. I swear to protect their lands and enforce the law, from this day forth."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:20 am 

Ryoshida rose from his stool and took the wakizashi, then extended it back in the direction of the protstated man.

"Then rise as a Gusai, a man among my vassals, and choose a new name befitting your new life."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:25 am 

Miya Suihime wrote:
Suihime was more then happy to change subjects, nodding to her question. "When you grow up in the home of the Imperial Matchmaker, marriage is always a topic" she gave a polite chuckle "and having arranged a marriage myself now, I understand the inner workings of the process much better. I believe that my mother will arrange a match suitable for her daughter, and one that we can both agree is going to be a welcome addition to the family.

'' Well, your glorious ancestry and blood is something that definitely deserve the best among the best. I have complete faith that your esteemed mother will find you a situable match worthy of your lineage '' She made a slight bow, praising Suihime's ancestry.

In any case Hinami was sincerely hoping for a good match for the Miya princess. But she also had to ask something '' You arranged a marriage, Miya Suihime-san?'' She was genuinely interested.

Then she answered her question.

Miya Suihime wrote:
"What about Seppun-sama? A woman of your importance would demand only the best for a husband. Have you considered your future husband?"

''Although I do plan to fulfill my duty to my family and to Seppun-dono, I don't believe I should marry now. I have more pressing matters to achieve first, and my duty to the throne is paramount to me. Serving the throne is my first priority. '' She said completely serious about it. She used her fan to cover her lips.

'' But if you are curious about what would be my demands, Miya Suihime-san, well, let's see...'' She thought for a moment, fanning herself slowly and with grace. '' My husband must be a sensitive and quiet man, with a passion for literature and with an artistic heart. He must be completely devoted to the throne and have a good name, and a good lineage. If he has other additional skills, even better.'' She said.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:51 am 

Forth name... he had had a child name, a phoenix name and a ronin name, and now a mantis name. He wished still to be remembered for his past, for his success was done through all his trials, so he kept the basis of his samurai name.

"From this day forth, I will be known as Gusai Wataru." He concluded as he took the wakizashi. The perfect name for a life based on crossing over, the translation of the name.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:40 am 

There was a brief pause as Wata because Wataru, and a small smile appeared behind her fan. She was impressed at the speed that Ryoshida worked, the man was a born leader. Unsurprising, as he was of the Hantei bloodline, but it was pretty smart to take the Ronin who had just gained a position of importance into his clan.

Closer ties between Imperials and Mantis too she noted.

Seppun Hinami wrote:
'' Well, your glorious ancestry and blood is something that definitely deserve the best among the best. I have complete faith that your esteemed mother will find you a situable match worthy of your lineage '' She made a slight bow, praising Suihime's ancestry.

In any case Hinami was sincerely hoping for a good match for the Miya princess. But she also had to ask something '' You arranged a marriage, Miya Suihime-san?'' She was genuinely interested.

"You are too kind" Suihime offered a bow of thanks to Hinami "and hai, the upcoming marriage of Moshi Noriko-dono and Miya Ietada-sama. I guess arranging marriages is in my family genes, ne?" She chuckled. She went silent as she considered Hinamis words on her own marriage;

Seppun Hinami wrote:
''Although I do plan to fulfill my duty to my family and to Seppun-dono, I don't believe I should marry now. I have more pressing matters to achieve first, and my duty to the throne is paramount to me. Serving the throne is my first priority. '' She said completely serious about it. She used her fan to cover her lips.

'' But if you are curious about what would be my demands, Miya Suihime-san, well, let's see...'' She thought for a moment, fanning herself slowly and with grace. '' My husband must be a sensitive and quiet man, with a passion for literature and with an artistic heart. He must be completely devoted to the throne and have a good name, and a good lineage. If he has other additional skills, even better.'' She said.

"My mother is of course the one that needs convincing, however, I do understand your comments. I do know one person that fits your description very well though. Someone I have worked with quite a bit in my time serving Hantei-denka"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:21 pm 

"Very well, Wataru. Go see Shumpei." The Champion withdrew a writ of authorisation and gave it to his new vassal. "He'll give you what you need to start being a warrior of the Mantis, then start training." His gaze moved to Suihime, conversing with another Imperial princess. "I have urgent matters to handle."

His golden disk shone in morning sun.

"A bit too late to send a word about you to the Imperial Matchmaker. Or maybe not. We'll see."]

[Wataru gets a Letter of Authorisation to claim stipend and equipment from Gusai Shumpei; this is one-time use and will be expended thus; it can happen off-screen; he now has the option to attend the Tethering in LA or EE slot if he so wishes.]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:06 pm 

Hinami paused to watch how the Mantis daimyo made the ronin swear fealty to his clan. Not that it changes to much his credentials, Ryoshida-sama is the only one among his clan that has prestige and deserves respect, thanks to his blood. The rest of the mantis are nothing more than glorified pirates and brigands. Scum of the worst kind.

'' I'm sure that Miya Odorihime-sama will concur with me. '' She said not knowing what will happen in just a few hours.

In any case, she turned to look at Suihime '' Hai? There's such a man? One that also served with Hantei-denka?'' Hinami shows interest.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:58 am 

Suihime nodded to Hinami, unaware they were being watched once more. "Hai, one Asahina Yajinden. He is a brilliant and creative man, but carries the grace of the Crane. Truly, he shows all the qualities of the Crane and carries Jamas favour also. A perfect candidate for a woman of your importance, ne?"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:18 am 

Hinami's On could not resist that. She blushed and quickly covered her features with her fan, moving it a bit more faster. She got closer to Suihime, speaking lower but not quite whispering '' I..uh, hai. He is not... I mean he is quite a gentleman from what I have heard...'' It was not very easy to make Hinami lose her words. '' But he is no good for me, or rather the other way around...''

'' I do not have the 'gift', I can't speak with the kami...'' There was a bit of disappointment and sadness in her voice. '' Shugenja marry between themselves to keep the ability within their blood, someone like me could never hope to get such engagement''

I'm a failure...

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:06 am 

Zazu watched the scene unperturbed, popping nuts into his mouth and chewing on them slowly until he concluded that it was time to depart and got back into the palanquin.

/exit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:44 pm 

Seppun Hinami wrote:
Hinami's On could not resist that. She blushed and quickly covered her features with her fan, moving it a bit more faster. She got closer to Suihime, speaking lower but not quite whispering '' I..uh, hai. He is not... I mean he is quite a gentleman from what I have heard...'' It was not very easy to make Hinami lose her words. '' But he is no good for me, or rather the other way around...''

'' I do not have the 'gift', I can't speak with the kami...'' There was a bit of disappointment and sadness in her voice. '' Shugenja marry between themselves to keep the ability within their blood, someone like me could never hope to get such engagement''

I'm a failure...

Suihime brought up her fan once more, keeping her voice quiet.

"You speak as if hearing the kami is the blessing our history says it once was, Seppun-sama. You know the feeling many share regarding those who speak to the kami. I'm also sure that a man such as Asahina-sama would look past your inability to commune with the kami, and point out like I am that while you personally, cannot, your sister can. This means that it is still within your bloodline Seppun-sama. Your children may still be able to commune with the kami."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:41 pm 

Certainly the ability to speak with the kami is not regarded as the honor it was some decades ago, but still it was part of the Seppun family traditions.Lady Seppun herself was such an honorable woman, deeply tied to Rokugan's religion and spiritual world. While Hinami accepted that the mandate of the Son of Heavens is absolute, she still thinks that the talent of speaking with the kami as a very powerful and honorable gift.

Otherwise that would mean denying and rejecting her own sister, which she will never do.

'' Hmm, maybe you are right.'' She was still blushing. '' But Asahina-sama is too busy today, his duties are too important. I doubt he would have time to spend as a husband. If I were his wife I would not have him chose between spend time with me or with Hantei-denka. I would hate to be in the middle...'' She whispered.

Such a pure friendship.

D13 Theme

Page 2 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next