Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:42 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Discombobulated (Day 1 Early night Dragon Wharves)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:22 pm 

It had been a simply exhausting day, with test after test, and meeting after meeting. Honestly Yasuhiro was exhausted, so tired in fact that he couldn't sleep, so wandering away from his place at the barracks he made his way to the Dragon's wharves.

It wasn't long before he found a empty pier and took a seat at the end. He sat there, watching the moonlight play across the water as he tried to make sense of the day he just had.

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

Post subject: Re: Discombobulated (Day 1 Early night Dragon Wharves)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:17 am 

Hinami was also exhausted, the day has been a busy one. First the meeting with the fierce Lioness Akodo Meikuko-sama, then the search for a chest with her sister, following the meeting with Odorihime-sama and finally the exam.

She wanted to clear her mind, to find a moment to relax just before going to sleep. With such idea in her mind she decided to walk around the shore and see Onotangu's-no-kami glory during the night.

She was walking around when she saw -him-

'' ... ''

What is this disturbing lion doing here? She thought. She was really curious about what he was doing. She got close and observed him. She took out her fan.

Languages: Rokugani
Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
Mon: Seppun, Otomo
D13 Theme

Since D6 LA accompanied by Megumi, a Rokugani ronin translator.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:13 am 

He seemed to be engrossed in a quiet conversation. The words were spoken softly, so they didn't carry far, but it certainly seemed like Yasuhuro was receiving answers, despite the fact there was no one else around.

"Why did you have to insist on so many things from Miya-sama? You know I would of been fine with anyone." He murmured, trying to keep his tone civil.

Because despite what you might think boy, you deserve a better wife then that woman would likely give you. His grandmother huffed in return.

"But, I don't think..." He was cut off before he could continue, as his Grandmother interrupted. Quiet, someone's coming.

It was likely a bit surprising when the Lion turned towards Hinami. Fixing her with a stare for before rising to his feet and offering her a polite bow. "Good Evening Seppun-sama." Yasuhiro offered polietly, giving no indication that he might have just been speaking.

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Merenaese

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:13 am 

Hinami noticed that something was wrong, well even worse than the normal disturbing aura this lion has. She was covering her lips with her fan.

'' Matsu-san...'' She bowed to the lion, but she was really wary, approaching quite slowly and keeping a safe distance from him.

'' ... '' She inspected him with caution.

'' Hmm, it must had been my imagination, but I could swear to the Seven that I saw you talking... just now '' She said.

Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
D13 Theme

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:26 am 

Thee was something a bit off about the Lion, more so then usual even. Standing in the moonlight like this, he looked a bit eerie, perhaps otherworldly? Yasuhiro didn't make any movies that could be called threatening though, as he pursed his lips. He didn't think he would be caught talking to his grandmother at this hour.

"Ah... I was talking yes, though it's nothing you need to concern yourself with Seppun-sama. It's just something like a habit of mine." That was a good explanation... Wasn't it?

Merenaese

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:57 am 

'' ... ''

His answer didn't convince Hinami, not one bit. '' So, you were talking...to yourself? ''

She took one step forward. But still she was very cautious.

'' Why?''

Maybe he is crazy? Could it be that he is suffering from Onnotangu's-no-kami malady? She though.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:38 am 

He paused for a moment, pondering the best way to answer.

"I was not talking to myself Seppun-sama, not exactly" He offered at last, deciding to honest about it in the end. "As for the reason, it's a little difficult to explain exactly... I was going over some of they day's events"

"I thought it might help me sleep." She probably thought he was crazy, but then he didn't really blame her.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:58 pm 

'' Not talking to yourself?....'' Hinami looked around but she only saw the lion, the sea and the moon. She grew a bit nervous.

Definitely he is crazy. That must be the reason of his disturbing aura. She rationalized.

'' I see...'' She stayed right where she was, she dare not approach the crazy lion. '' If you are tired, go to sleep. I don't see how talking to...whomever you were talking to would help.'' She said with a dry tone.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:46 pm 

This was going poorly, quite poorly, so he tried to go about it from a slightly different angle. "You've never sought advice from your ancestors then Seppun-sama?" He asked quietly, a slight frown on his features.

It likely wasn't going to help in any way, but well he was running out of options.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:01 am 

'' ... '' She observed the Matsu, intently.

'' So...you were talking to your ancestors? Like...praying to them?'' She asked, once again not convinced.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:20 am 

"That's probably close enough to accurate." He offered after a few moments. "I was seeking guidance." That's kind of was what prayer was like after all, seeking guidance.

"And on night like this it feels like they are a bit closer."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:37 pm 

'' Hmm...you are weird. '' She said, covering her lips with her fan. It was an insult? It didn't sound like one though.

But at least she felt more relaxed now. '' So, may I ask about what are you asking to your ancestors, Matsu-san?''

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:24 pm 

Weird would of likely sounded more like a insult if he didn't think of himself as a bit odd. Most people didn't actually talk to their ancestors and expect answers after all.

"Ah, about my day mostly. My performance in the earlier tests, and my meeting with Miya Odorihime-sama."

"I was trying to wrap my head around it all."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:08 am 

'' And? How did your meeting with Miya Odorihime-sama went? Who is going to be your future wife?'' She asked with curiosity.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:08 am 

He paused for a moment, thoughtfully wondering how much he should reveal. Technically he wasn't even betrothed yet and so in the end he decided to go with that. "For the moment no one."

"Though that will only last until my return to Rokugan. I'll learn who my wife will be then for certain. At this moment though there exists only possibilities."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:19 am 

'' Hmm, I see. '' She said while she inspected him. Well, at least you are not completely useless, as you shown during Akodo-sama matchmaking test. She thought.

'' I guess you will be a fine addition to any family, Matsu-san'' She complimented him. A weird addition though...

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:04 am 

Something told him she was probably thinking something rude, but he let it pass. She hadn't said anything after all, and we'll she was a imperial. It wasn't until the second sentence that his suspicionson were confirmed.

Offering her a crooked smile, he dipped his head. "That is my hope Seppun-Sama." He replied before gesturing towards the end of the dock where he had been sitting. "Would you like to join me where I was sitting? Watching the ocean at night can be quite relaxing."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:16 am 

'' Hmm, I don't think It would be appropiate for a young girl to accept an invitation to 'relax' with a man, in the middle of the night. '' She commented, refusing his invitation but she stayed right where she was. Her On was perfect.

A long pause.

'' I heard that you were one of the applicants selected for being interviewed by Hantei-denka...'' She adds.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:32 am 

That wasn't any where near what Yasuhiro meant, but this was a courtier he was dealing with she made made a game of twisting peoplespecially word. "As you say Seppun-Sama." He replied easily, though thatmeant he couldn't sit either.

He raised an eyebrow, that news had traveled rather quickly. "I am, it seems I scored well enough on the earlier test to receive that honor."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:53 am 

'' Then I suppose I should congratulate you, Matsu-san. You will be a captain or an officer, if you pass Hantei's-denka impeccable judgement of course. '' She said. '' But then again I suppose that you are qualified since you did quite well this morning with Akodo-sama. ''

D13 Theme

Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next