Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:22 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: There are No Words (D2, LA)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:06 am 

La Ultima Esperanza was a place filled with exotic sights, sounds and scents. Nari loved it. The locals were affectionate towards the dog as well, offering friendly petting and tasty scraps as he walked by. But, today was not a day for such things. He had a mission. It was a grand game of fetch and he had finally found his target. Prowling up to the women, he brushed against one's leg before seizing the sandal of the other with his teeth.

Carries: Wakizashi, Rapier, Tools
Speaks: Rokugani, Merenaese, Thranish, Sign
Accompanied By: Nari

Post subject: Re: There are No Words (D2, LA)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:17 am 

Coming to La Ultima Esperanza was a treat in itself and a reminder of what lay in front of them. Though they remained in Rokugan the reminders of a world outside of their own were in abundance. All of which was soon forgotten as Sakia felt something brush against her leg, sending a cold shiver up along her spine and standing the hairs on her nape. Before Kaiya could question Nari's teeth had sunk into her sandal.

Language: Sign, Mekhem
Attendant - Isabella [Merenease, Mekhem]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:22 am 

The dog tugged at the sandal until Kaiya lifted her foot, allowing it to slip free. Target acquired, Nari walked off, wagging his tail.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:30 am 

Keeping an eye on Nari, Kaiya was quick to lean down and reach for her other sandal. Removing it before following after Nari and leaving it dangling off to the side. Kaiya's pace was calm as long as she kept Nari in her sights. Sakia, meanwhile, still feeling the chill had the much simpler task of just following Kaiya as she fought off the feeling that had goose bumps popping up all along her skin.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:45 am 

The dog walked calmly, turning down an ally. As the women pursued the dog, a man walked further behind them. He chatted with the locals as he passed, changing the flow of traffic here and there. As he came to the ally after Kaiya and Sakai, Lopez stopped a man with a large cart. The two began a long conversation about cinnamon, seemingly oblivious to how they blocked any way past them.

Nari eventually entered an open door and set the sandal on the ground before the man inside.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:06 am 

Entering through the open door Kaiya followed Nari right up to her sandal before leaning down and picking it up. All the while keeping her gaze mostly on the man before her with a warm smile rested on her lips.

Sakia, of course, wasn't too far behind but just rested in the doorway instead of fully entering. Taking the moment to put a little more focus into calming her nerves.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:14 am 

Edogawa was wearing odd clothing, something clearly of gaijin design and clearly still being adjusted to fit him properly.

"I'm sorry. This was all a bit elaborate, I know. But, it was the only idea I had to get us a little privacy."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:42 am 

Kaiya shook her head, laughing so that it only showed lightly on her features. Soundless as it was she stepped forward until she was up beside him. In this private moment she allowed herself a bit of risk and wrapped her arms around him. Holding him tightly for a moment before leaning back and looking for him to kiss her. Looking into his eyes so that her desire was impossible not to see if he returned her gaze.

It might have been the last time she'd be able to greet him like this for a while, she felt.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:01 am 

He hugged her. Then, he kissed her. But. It was reluctantly brief.

"I could lose myself in you, so easily."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:20 am 

That admission gave her parting steps a light elegance as the warmth of her smile gave her reason to nearly float on her feet. Though she still stepped away so she might speak properly. For a moment, however, she just stood there and looked at him. Forming the memory of the moment and holding it close to her heart. Fingers locked together as her hands hung just below her waist.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:29 am 

"I am very happy to see you. So much has happened." he smiled, but looked concerned. "Are you alright?"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:30 am 

Kaiya nodded to the question, and then quickly returned the question, 'How are you?'

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:45 am 

"I am still adjusting." he answered. "But, I will be fine. I wish we were assigned to the same ship, but you'll do well on the Walrus."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:40 am 

'I fear most of my time will be spent tempering a wild beast,' she signed with a light shake of her head. It was an unfortunate truth she was forced to face.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:57 am 

"If anyone can do it, I think it's you." he smiled. " I will be facing a different challenge. Jama-no-kimi has made it clear that he will be watching me closely. It's still likely he may punish me further."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:32 am 

'If you give him little reason to, your possible contributions may still outweigh whatever trouble you have caused him,' she offered her response on that front. Worry buried down deep beneath her thoughts, focusing on what can be done moving forward instead of what may happen. 'What are your plans moving forward?'

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:16 am 

"It was suggested that I not return, that I stay out at sea and build a new life. That is likely a good idea." He sighed. "I don't want to leave my family. I don't want to leave you. But, it will be safer for everyone if I not return to the Empire."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:22 am 

'What about now?' she asked, looking to him with a severity. There were a number of ways this could go, and that Edogawa seemed to be resigned to needing to leave the Empire she had cause to wonder when he intended upon deserting his post. What he would do up until that fateful moment.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:39 am 

"For now, I serve. I will do my duty until it becomes clear that nothing more is expected of me. For now, I make what few preparations I can." He smiled warmly. "Most importantly, I have these few moments with you."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:46 am 

'Then perhaps you can help me, in this time we have,' she signed, moving over to find a place to sit nearby. Gesturing for him to join her for a spell. 'I have an opportunity. One that will allow me to create arrangements that will benefit all of us. This includes your sister. I need to find a way to calm your sisters lover.'

'I hope he will respond to reason but I do not know.'

Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next