Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:23 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 18 posts ] 

Post subject: Captain on Board! (D2 LA - Ashitae Maru)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:19 pm 

Suihime crossed the plank, boarded her ship, and admired it. While not as nice as Ryoshidas ship, it was still pretty impressive.

And I'm the captain she grinned to herself as she walked along the edge, up to the wheel. The captains position. From there she looked out to the ocean, and waited for those she had sent letters to. It was time to plan.

Imperial * Captain of the Ashitae Maru * Courtier *Imperial Explorer * Herald * Jama's Retainer * Bookworm * Jinn-Touched * Prolific Pundit on Gaijin Affairs * Gaijin-curious * Princess of the Imperial Navy * Profile
Status: 4.0 | Glory 7.8 | Honour/Faith Exceptional | Reputation 1.3

Languages: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, ???

Post subject: Re: Captain on Board! (D2 LA - Ashitae Maru)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:51 pm 

It wasn't long before the dutiful lion crossed the plank and boarded the ship. Yasuhiro had yet to speak to his Captain at any length, and there was little he knew of her. Except she was the daughter of the Imperial Matchmaker.

Arriving before Suihime, he offered her a bow. "Good afternoon Miya-sama."

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:58 pm 

Suihime turned round to look at the Lion in front of her, a smile on her face. She then bowed. "A lovely day, neh Matsu-san? Good afternoon, I hope you are well. We haven't properly met before now so allow me to introduce myself; I am Miya Suihime, retainer to Hantei-denka."

Imperial * Captain of the Ashitae Maru * Courtier *Imperial Explorer * Herald * Jama's Retainer * Bookworm * Jinn-Touched * Prolific Pundit on Gaijin Affairs * Gaijin-curious * Princess of the Imperial Navy * Profile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:32 pm 

"A pleasure to make your acquaintance Miya-sama. You likely already know as much, but I'm Matsu Yasuhiro no Koritome, imperial explorer and now first officer of this vessel." He replied returning her bow with one of his own.

"As you said it's a fine day, a good one perhaps for our coming journey."

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Merenaese

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:39 pm 

"An honour to meet you. We will be spending a large amount of time together on this veseel, so I hope we can remain on friendly terms. I would also help that you will give me your honest opinion during this voyage; we are a tearm after all" Suihime nodded to the man, turning to look back at the ocean again, inviting the man with a motion from her fan to stand next to her. "Tell me Matsu-san, how much experience do you have of the ocean?"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:44 pm 

Gusai Wataru walked along the seaport near the vessels. Because of his new duty, he would need to understand the types of boats that the Imperial Marines had at hand, as well as their weaponry. Although he expected many reports, he thought that he could evaluate better at eye sight, so during that afternoon he had decided to visit the sea ports.

Carries: Daisho, Pistol, Light Armor, Personal Seal, Pillow Book, Fan, Coin Case, Jade, Parchments and Coal
Languages: Broken Merenaese and Rokugan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:16 am 

Miya Suihime wrote:
"An honour to meet you. We will be spending a large amount of time together on this veseel, so I hope we can remain on friendly terms. I would also help that you will give me your honest opinion during this voyage; we are a tearm after all" Suihime nodded to the man, turning to look back at the ocean again, inviting the man with a motion from her fan to stand next to her. "Tell me Matsu-san, how much experience do you have of the ocean?"

"I hope so as well Miya-sama, I've always considered it Important to show unity in front of the crew, as for my for being honest will you, I'll do my best to do so."

"Experience? Not as much as I'd like for a journey like this Miya-sama." He admitted somewhat reluctantly. "I've trained at the naval Academy, and with the marines on the seas. But that's only a drop in the bucket experience wise." He replied as he moved to stand beside her. "My time on ships can likely be measured in weeks or months, if your wanting a exact number though. We Lion don't really have much need for sea travel."

Yasuhiro's eye drifted to the docks where the Commander of the marines made his way towards the ship. "That's the commander of the Marines if you haven't met him Miya-sama. I don't think he was a solider himself, at least before his appointment. "Though he seems to know a few things about the sea. He also has a bit of natural talent. At least from what I've seen."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:57 am 

The paid caught the attention of Wataru, who greeted them from land, "Permission to board!" He called out to the captain, "Permission to Board Captain Suihime-sama."

Carries: Daisho, Pistol, Light Armor, Personal Seal, Pillow Book, Fan, Coin Case, Jade, Parchments and Coal

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:26 am 

"Come aboard Wataru-san" Suihime nodded, turning around to the man and with a fan motioning him on board. She then replied to Yasuhiro.

"In front of the crew, hai. But we'll have plenty of time to discuss things privately, first mate" she gave him a smile "I'm not a lot more experienced than you. I've sailed a few times, longest voyage being to the Yobanjin port of Fu Gang. The vessel was far smaller than this though. I trust in your talents though, I'm glad to have a man of the Lion with me."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:41 pm 

"I suppose you are right about that Captain." The short title came a little stiffly to the Lion but he managed it. Ohhoho, she wants to see you in private Yasu-kun. His grandmother teased.

"Thank you Miya-sama, I'm looking forward to work with one of your family. It will be a first to me, and I'm honored to have gained such a position."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:16 am 

Wataru reached the pair walking the plank up without faltering. It was easy to see that he was more comfortable on the vessel than on land, as even his face showed a bit more happier than usual. "One earns what one deserves." sentenced the samurai as he overheard and was finally able to speak to them without calling out. "Perseverance, dedication; remember that you can achieve anything you set your mind to as long as you have those, and are able to face your fears like a true samurai."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:29 am 

"Well said" Suihime turned with a smile to bow to Wataru "good to have you on board Gusai-san. As I'm sure you're already aware now, the main headquarters of the Teppodoka Regiment will be based upon this ship, my ship. That would mean we'll be working together once more. I hope this will be acceptable?"

She took a half-step back to bring everyone together in the conversation.

"I'm not sure if you two have met previously, but Gusai-san this is Matsu Yasuhiro-san, my First Mate on the voyage. Matsu-san, this is Gusai Wataru-san, commander of the Teppodoka Regiment."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:13 pm 

"It is great to see you again, Matsu Yasuhiro-sama." He had met the Lion just a couple days back, and still remembered him through the fuzziness of the sake. "Me me some days back actually." Added the Mantis. "I will be honored to share vessel with both you and Captain Miya Suihime-sama." Though the ex-ronin wondered, he had been added to the boat because of his position, and not because of her wanting him there, was she actually happy with him there?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:19 pm 

"It is nice to see you again as well Gusai-san, and congratulations on your recent appointment, as well as finding a clan." Even if it was a minor clan and mostly populated my pirates.

(Edited. Sorry phone post.)

Last edited by Matsu Yasuhiro on Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:06 am 

"It was not only a clan that I found, Matsu-san, it was a clan that I found proper to belong in. The Tortoise also showed interest in me, but I have a stronger pride being among the Mantis. And it is an honor to be here in Ashitae Maru, with my future Champion's spouse as captain."

(OOC. I thought it was the way you meant it to be. Nonetheless sucking up to the Champion's future wife.)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:56 am 

Suihime nodded to both, although she chuckled at Watarus comment. "I hope that won't colour your opinions too much Wataru-san. I may be Gusai-donos future wife, but for now I am both Miya and your captain. Still, I am glad you have arrived, as I've began planning where things are going to be. Follow me" with that, she walked ahead of them towards the doors down into the cabins.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:24 am 

Gusai Wataru wrote:
"It was not only a clan that I found, Matsu-san, it was a clan that I found proper to belong in. The Tortoise also showed interest in me, but I have a stronger pride being among the Mantis. And it is an honor to be here in Ashitae Maru, with my future Champion's spouse as captain."

"Indeed, with as much as you love the Sea, I agree they fit you well." Yasuhiro offered with a polite smile before moving to follow his captain. He wasn't sure of the Miya's intention but she was his captain and so he followed.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:01 am 

Miya Suihime wrote:
Suihime nodded to both, although she chuckled at Watarus comment. "I hope that won't colour your opinions too much Wataru-san. I may be Gusai-donos future wife, but for now I am both Miya and your captain. Still, I am glad you have arrived, as I've began planning where things are going to be. Follow me" with that, she walked ahead of them towards the doors down into the cabins.

"You are my captain, the captain of Ashitae Maru, main strength of the Imperial Armada, and so I will be loyal to you, as any samurai to its superior. I will give my life for yours, like I would for my First Officer as well." He gave a proud-full gaze at the Matsu near him. They might not come from clans that respected each other, him being a former Phoenix, but now they represented the Empire, and the new Mantis knew better than letting those feelings get in the way. "In this trip we are not Imperials, Lions, Mantis, Cranes... we are Rokugan."

(OOC. I could even feel mother Watatsumi crying after these words.)

Page 1 of 1 [ 18 posts ]