Login FAQ  
It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:59 am




 Page 1 of 2 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 
Author Message
 Post subject: The Passion of Alvaro (D8, EM)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:26 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:22 pm
Posts: 1687
Bellena arrived in the early hours of the morning at the church before the sun had fully risen. She hoped to find the padre before the bulk of his work would make him busy later in the day. She walked through the halls slowly and quietly and arrived at the Padre's door... Making her presence known with a knock if circumstances would allow.



_________________
Tortoise Clan • Scholar-Sage • Linguist • Astronomer • 'Unparalleled Intellect' • Foreign Heritage • Gaijin Name • Advisor
Faith: What is Expected - Reputation: 2.4 - Status: 3.0
Carries/Owns: Rapier, Pistol, Telescope
Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai


DescriptionTheme
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Passion of Alvaro (D8, EM)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:04 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:58 am
Posts: 3770
Image

"He's not here, Donna Bellena. He has prayed all night. I tried to convince him to walk out for a moment to eat but he insisted on the matins." She sniffled, and her eyes carried shades. "I think he is... fasting.... Mortifying." She had walked out of her cell with a bucket of water. "He handed me the breviary to study."



_________________
Head GM ✿ Floating Lotus ✿ Gunslinger ✿ Merciful ✿ Experienced 2
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Passion of Alvaro (D8, EM)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:08 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:22 pm
Posts: 1687
"Where is he Agata? I need to speak with him. It's a matter of importance to him..." She replied.



_________________
Tortoise Clan • Scholar-Sage • Linguist • Astronomer • 'Unparalleled Intellect' • Foreign Heritage • Gaijin Name • Advisor
Faith: What is Expected - Reputation: 2.4 - Status: 3.0
Carries/Owns: Rapier, Pistol, Telescope
Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai


DescriptionTheme
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Passion of Alvaro (D8, EM)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:16 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:58 am
Posts: 3770
"By the altar, speaking to Her." She said, not being able to hold a sob.



_________________
Head GM ✿ Floating Lotus ✿ Gunslinger ✿ Merciful ✿ Experienced 2
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Passion of Alvaro (D8, EM)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:18 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:22 pm
Posts: 1687
Bellena put her hand on the young woman's shoulder and offered a reassuring nod. "It will be alright. Kharsis is with us my dear."

She smiled in a reserved fashion before setting out to the altar to find the Padre....



_________________
Tortoise Clan • Scholar-Sage • Linguist • Astronomer • 'Unparalleled Intellect' • Foreign Heritage • Gaijin Name • Advisor
Faith: What is Expected - Reputation: 2.4 - Status: 3.0
Carries/Owns: Rapier, Pistol, Telescope
Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai


DescriptionTheme
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Passion of Alvaro (D8, EM)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:26 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:58 am
Posts: 3770
Image

Alvaro lay prostrated before the altar, whispering prayers, the rosary gripped in one of his outstretched hands.

"Ave Kharsis, misericordia plena,
Caelus tecum.
Benedicta tu in mulieribus,
et benedíctus sacrificium tua.
Sacratissima Kharsis, Filiae Caeli,
Ora pro nobis peccatoribus,
nunc et in hora mortis nostrae."



_________________
Head GM ✿ Floating Lotus ✿ Gunslinger ✿ Merciful ✿ Experienced 2
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Passion of Alvaro (D8, EM)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:28 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:22 pm
Posts: 1687
She came up gently behind the man knelt down beside him. Putting a hand on his shoulder she spoke softly, "You're not planning on leaving us just yet are you Padre?"



_________________
Tortoise Clan • Scholar-Sage • Linguist • Astronomer • 'Unparalleled Intellect' • Foreign Heritage • Gaijin Name • Advisor
Faith: What is Expected - Reputation: 2.4 - Status: 3.0
Carries/Owns: Rapier, Pistol, Telescope
Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai


DescriptionTheme
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Passion of Alvaro (D8, EM)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:35 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:58 am
Posts: 3770
He finished the prayer before replying.

"It's not a thing for me to plan, my daughter, but to prepare for."



_________________
Head GM ✿ Floating Lotus ✿ Gunslinger ✿ Merciful ✿ Experienced 2
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Passion of Alvaro (D8, EM)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:39 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:22 pm
Posts: 1687
She nodded and smiled gently, "Our time is never fully in our hands... I could understand Kharsis wanting to take you home, but you are still very important to us here. I hope you'll still have many days more to prepare."



_________________
Tortoise Clan • Scholar-Sage • Linguist • Astronomer • 'Unparalleled Intellect' • Foreign Heritage • Gaijin Name • Advisor
Faith: What is Expected - Reputation: 2.4 - Status: 3.0
Carries/Owns: Rapier, Pistol, Telescope
Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai


DescriptionTheme
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Passion of Alvaro (D8, EM)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:02 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:58 am
Posts: 3770
"So you say, Rosa. But how much of it is in you not being ready to give up what gives you safety? Safety is the opposite of sacrifice. Being merciful and sheltered don't go well together, my child." He said quietly, without judgement or reproof.



_________________
Head GM ✿ Floating Lotus ✿ Gunslinger ✿ Merciful ✿ Experienced 2
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Passion of Alvaro (D8, EM)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:09 am 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:22 pm
Posts: 1687
She nodded, “I try to put myself out there... try and extend myself to help others. I think there’s a part of me that still wants to rely on the goodness of my Padre from time to time... but I am also pleased that he trusts me enough to entrust me with responsibility. I just wish I had his wisdom and experience to aid me... even if I know I won’t someday.



_________________
Tortoise Clan • Scholar-Sage • Linguist • Astronomer • 'Unparalleled Intellect' • Foreign Heritage • Gaijin Name • Advisor
Faith: What is Expected - Reputation: 2.4 - Status: 3.0
Carries/Owns: Rapier, Pistol, Telescope
Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai


DescriptionTheme
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Passion of Alvaro (D8, EM)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:18 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:58 am
Posts: 3770
"The moment we start believing we're irreplaceable is the moment the depths open to us. We're meant to bring some goodness into this world, but the world will find its own way. Porque cualquiera que se ensalza, será humillado; y el que se humilla, será ensalzado."



_________________
Head GM ✿ Floating Lotus ✿ Gunslinger ✿ Merciful ✿ Experienced 2
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Passion of Alvaro (D8, EM)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:32 am 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:22 pm
Posts: 1687
She nodded thoughtfully taking a few moments to think on the words he had shared.

She breathed slowly and asked, "I was wondering if you would share a bit of your experiences with me Padre... the document you showed me yesterday also had your name on it... and while it speaks many things on its own... I was hoping you could offer some context to it as well."



_________________
Tortoise Clan • Scholar-Sage • Linguist • Astronomer • 'Unparalleled Intellect' • Foreign Heritage • Gaijin Name • Advisor
Faith: What is Expected - Reputation: 2.4 - Status: 3.0
Carries/Owns: Rapier, Pistol, Telescope
Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai


DescriptionTheme
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Passion of Alvaro (D8, EM)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:07 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:58 am
Posts: 3770
He turned silent, then made her wait as he was finishing the rosary. Minutes were changing into quarters...

[Willpower/Etiquette (Courtesy) +Faith vs. TN20 to show piety and wait patiently.]



_________________
Head GM ✿ Floating Lotus ✿ Gunslinger ✿ Merciful ✿ Experienced 2
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Passion of Alvaro (D8, EM)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:02 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:22 pm
Posts: 1687
Bellena waited patiently.

——
http://orokos.com/roll/570647



_________________
Tortoise Clan • Scholar-Sage • Linguist • Astronomer • 'Unparalleled Intellect' • Foreign Heritage • Gaijin Name • Advisor
Faith: What is Expected - Reputation: 2.4 - Status: 3.0
Carries/Owns: Rapier, Pistol, Telescope
Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai


DescriptionTheme
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Passion of Alvaro (D8, EM)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:06 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:58 am
Posts: 3770
The old priest finally finished the prayer. Weakly, he called for her.

"Please help me rise, my daughter."



_________________
Head GM ✿ Floating Lotus ✿ Gunslinger ✿ Merciful ✿ Experienced 2
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Passion of Alvaro (D8, EM)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:08 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:22 pm
Posts: 1687
Bellena stood and helped him rise.



_________________
Tortoise Clan • Scholar-Sage • Linguist • Astronomer • 'Unparalleled Intellect' • Foreign Heritage • Gaijin Name • Advisor
Faith: What is Expected - Reputation: 2.4 - Status: 3.0
Carries/Owns: Rapier, Pistol, Telescope
Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai


DescriptionTheme
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Passion of Alvaro (D8, EM)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:40 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:58 am
Posts: 3770
He moved with her to the church bench and flopped into it, kneeling.

"So you want to ask more questions. is it because you want to use the knowledge?"



_________________
Head GM ✿ Floating Lotus ✿ Gunslinger ✿ Merciful ✿ Experienced 2
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Passion of Alvaro (D8, EM)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:48 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:22 pm
Posts: 1687
If I can to help save others... then yes. And if not, then to safeguard it.” She replied as she helped him along.



_________________
Tortoise Clan • Scholar-Sage • Linguist • Astronomer • 'Unparalleled Intellect' • Foreign Heritage • Gaijin Name • Advisor
Faith: What is Expected - Reputation: 2.4 - Status: 3.0
Carries/Owns: Rapier, Pistol, Telescope
Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai


DescriptionTheme
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Passion of Alvaro (D8, EM)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:55 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:58 am
Posts: 3770
"It's best safeguarded if it is forgotten. You might be excusing a self-serving thirst to know secrets of others by ascribing noble intentions to it... But I am not as worldly a man as you are. Is there a way to save anyone with an information like this without hurting many, many more?"



_________________
Head GM ✿ Floating Lotus ✿ Gunslinger ✿ Merciful ✿ Experienced 2
Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
 Page 1 of 2 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next


 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

cron
phpBB skin developed by: phpBB Headquarters
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group