Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:22 pm

Page 1 of 3 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Premeditated Sin [D11LE]
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:54 am 

Ruqqayah entered the Church of Kharsis' Mercy quietly, not wanting to disturb anyone inside, sitting down toward the back. It was nothing like the Purple Mosque with it's bright glass lighting up the night. It was a quieter-looking place, feeling like a place for contemplation. She had plenty weighing down her heart to contemplate. Kharsis was supposed to be a goddess of great mercy... but what about her? Did she even deserve mercy? She stared forward into a future of bloodshed and blasphemy, now ambivalent about her decision. Until now, her obsession had controlled her. She was a woman strongly moved by love. Until now, he familial love for her brother had driven her. Now two others competed for priority.

Her shoulders felt heavy as she looked up at the arched ceilings above.

Carries/Owns: Wakizashi, Tanto, Musket, Fan
Speaks: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, Ujik-hai, Senpet

Post subject: Re: Premeditated Sin [D11LE]
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:58 pm 

There was a brief murmuring outside the entrance, then a lone man entered the church. Miya Edogawa slowly walked down the main aisle, seeming oblivious to others. He sat down, not far from the Iuchi, and just stared silently towards the altar. in many ways, he looked lost.

Carries: Wakizashi, Rapier, Tools
Speaks: Rokugani, Merenaese, Thranish, Sign
Accompanied By: Nari

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:05 pm 

She was distracted from her thoughts briefly as the Miya entered the church. She only knew him from the expedition underground, but the expression looked much more familiar. It reminded her of what she felt often, and why she was here and not at the mosque.

She got up and went over to the end of the bench where he sat, wearing a sort of tired half-smile. "Do you mind if I join you?"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:11 pm 

He looked up with some surprise. The Imperial nodded, however, offering a smile. "Please, Iuchi-san. I would like that."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:44 pm 

"Thank you." She settled down and looked up at the ceiling for a moment before looking toward him again. "I hope you'll forgive me for sticking my nose where it doesn't belong, but... you look as lost as I feel."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:51 pm 

"It's alright." he assured her. "I'm not sure what I can tell you, though. It's... complicated."

"I lost someone recently, someone I respected greatly." he explained. "I never met him directly, but I was very close to him in a way. I grieve his passing, but I'm not sure how I should mourn."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:25 pm 

She nodded a little bit. "I'm sorry to hear that... It seems like many people I know have lost someone close to them recently," she replied softly. "If you were one of my people, I would offer advice... I don't really know how Rokugani handle such things, though... and I'm poor at taking my own, so perhaps I'm not in a good position for that, anyway."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:39 pm 

"I would accept any advice you may have." he said after some thought. "I've never been a pious man. I have some idea of what will be done in the Empire, but not of what I should do personally. Beyond that, I do not believe the soul who passed on did so as expected. His beliefs may not have been entirely Rokugani."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:26 pm 

"The advice I would give would be... if you have any memories of him, even if you never met him directly, reflect on the good ones. How he affected your life and the world around him. If you have something of him, or some place you can go connected to him, that might help. Learning to accept his passing and let go is a process, so be kind to yourself and give it the time you need." She looked up at the ceiling again. "My twin brother passed not very long ago. It's been hard for me to do that last part... maybe because we were so close, or he was so young. Seeing Gusai-san the other day..." She squeezes her hands where they were folded in her lap to prevent them from starting to shake again and she closed her eyes and shook her head.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:40 pm 

"What you did for Gusai-san was incredible." he gave her an encouraging smile. "I know he is grateful, as am I. I do not know him that well, but I would have felt his loss as well."

"Your brother... I cannot imagine what I would do, if I lost my sister. The idea of it has terrified me more than a few times during this voyage. The loss I currently feel, seems somewhat like that." he paused for a quiet moment. "That is the difficult part. I the connection I had to the man... While I never met him, it feels as if I lost my own flesh and blood. Do I have the right to mourn him as such, when his true family must face their own grief? I do not even know if all of them are aware he is gone."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:05 pm 

"What I did for Gusai-san was a breakthrough in my research... I kind of want to check up on him to see if he's experiencing any side effects...," she looked down at her hands. "When I lost Bashiri, I focused completely on healing and recovery. I guess it's my own way of mourning."

"I don't think it's a matter of whether you have the right to. If he was like your own flesh and blood for you, then, well... it's important for you to be able to mourn him as such. And it's important for him, to release his bindings to this world." She considered, then added, "Speaking for myself, if I found out my brother had someone who felt that way about him, I would want them to be able to mourn him the way they need to, even as if he were their own blood."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:37 pm 

"Actually, I'm quite certain his spirit has moved on and is at peace." he smiled. "But, the feeling of loss is still here. It's just strange for me."

"Would you tell me about your brother?" he asked after a quiet moment. "It occurs to me that I know little about you or about the Unicorn. I'd like to know more."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:10 pm 

"Well, that's good at least. Still, for your own sake. Mourning is healthy and important," she replies with a slight smile.

Asked about her brother, she looked down at her hands again. "He was... something else. A prodigy of our family's school, adventurous, thoughtful, socially adept. He was much less stubborn and willful than me... I guess you could say we evened one another out a bit. He was good with a bow... almost as good as he was with the Seal. He liked to range far afield. I guess you could say I was the tag-along for a lot of our adventures. I was more bookish, so he had to convince me to go out."

"... He would have been a good leader."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:19 pm 

"That sounds a bit like my sister and myself." he smiled. "I've always thought we were quite different. She was much closer to our mother than I was and pursued our family duties. She traveled the Empire as an Imperial Herald, while I drew ship designs and crafted models. And yet, we are both out here, captains of our own ships, ready to see what lies beyond the horizon."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:31 pm 

She smiled a little bit, nodding. "That does... Do you two get along well?"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:18 am 

He laughed. "It depends on the day. We fear for each other and annoy each other. We can be proud and disappointed. Friendly or angry. But, that's how it should be, right? Love, of any kind, is complex and unique."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:54 am 

She smiles a little. "Complex and unique, and yet recognizable when you see it. It's funny how love works." She sighed. "It'll be strange to go home. Did I hear correctly that some of the Explorers will be proceeding instead of returning home?"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:39 am 

"That is correct." he nodded. "I, myself, have reason to travel to Merenae. If the Admiral needs it, I may travel further."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:09 am 

"We're going in the same general direction, then... I'll be heading to Aqahba from here," she mused.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:30 am 

"My sister may join you then." he nodded. "She's been wanting to go there. She's the captain of the Ashitae Maru, Miya Suihime."

Page 1 of 3 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next