Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:30 pm

Page 1 of 4 [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Salva Nos (D12, EM)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:39 pm 

Utsusemi had pondered many times to visit the temple of Bellena's faith. Wait, no... temple was incorrect. Church was not quite the same, though it was still a house of worship. But with the strange discovery in the shrine to Kasuga, and thinking that Bellena might want to pray to her goddess, it seemed like an opportunity to meet at the church and possibly speak more.

Since she would be visiting a holy place, the lady Agasha opted for a modest outfit, and the deep blue kimono seemed simple enough, though on closer look it had a nice and subtle pattern of morning glories, and the obi was in simple colours of her new clan.

She shifted her satchel slightly, making sure not to damage the painting she had brought with her.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

Post subject: Re: Salva Nos (D12, EM)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:48 pm 

Bellena was leaning on the wall near the entrance to the chapel when her friend arrived. She smiled and straightened her back before walking close and greeting Utsusemi, "Good Morning Utsusemi! You look lovely today."

Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:53 pm 

"Good morning, Bellena," she greeted with her usual poise, though with much warmth in her face and voice for her friend. "Thank you. As do you, as always. Thank you for meeting me here... to be honest, the thought of visiting here alone made me a little nervous."

"I trust Muhaki-dono's darling betrothed is well today?" Utsusemi smirked playfully to Belle.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:55 pm 

She smiled and chuckled through her nose once, "She's doing as well as one can who has to go fight a battle today. And had the day she had yesterday."

She came to stand beside Utsusemi and looked up at the chapel, "Don't be too afraid of this place. It's a generally open and congenial place. Welcoming to anyone and everyone."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:59 pm 

Utsusemi raised an eyebrow, mostly concealing her worry. "Yesterday? Goodness... you're not hurt, are you? You shouldn't have to follow our captain into battle today if you are."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:04 pm 

She shook her head, "I'm fine. Rukaya, Seppun Kaiya, and I were doing a bit of investigative work to find pieces of a map that the Prince is looking for. We had a run in with one of those giant spiders in the caves out by the leper colony.... we made it through, but it was a rough day."

She smiled a bit, in a somewhat forlorn manner, "And as for today... I need to go... One, I'm required to due to my position in the Explorers, and I don't shirk my duties lightly. Secondly, that map I spoke of, I am one of the few people around here with the skill to read it. And what it leads to... if what we are led to believe is true, I have a responsibility to see that the goods we are after make their way into the right hands."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:32 pm 

Her brow creased faintly with worry, but she nodded. "I understand... maybe I'm just a little concerned I seem to be among the few not going, I might be questioning the decision to remain behind. But in the end... there is not much I can contribute to a naval battle or sailing. Though I suspect I will be fairly busy upon your return, as one of the few active medics."

"... Is Muhaki-dono going as well?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:45 pm 

She shook her head, "He is not going."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:00 pm 

Poor man must be worried sick for you then, Utsusemi thought, but the topic did make her remember the . "...Speaking of Muhaki-dono, there is something that might be of interest to you? Honestly, I am little puzzled about it, apart from some familiar names."

Slipping a hand into her satchel, the Agasha took out a small box and passed it to Bellena. The box seemed aged and with barely perceptible calligraphic markings: Genjiko, Buntaro.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:02 pm 

Bellena looked at the box with a puzzled look and opened it up.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:04 pm 

There was maybe a dozen of child teeth inside.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:06 pm 

Bellena smiled softly and closed the box gently. "Where did you find this?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:14 pm 

Utsusemi wasn't quite sure what Belle's reaction to the truth might be, but she wasn't one to be deceptive to her friends.

"In the shrine to Kasuga. Collecting dust and most likely forgotten." As the geezers probably couldn't even read the names, she figured. "I recalled that Buntaro-sama was your mentor."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:18 pm 

She nodded and smiled. It seemed her suspicion was most likely right, "Yeah, he was a good man. Taught Saionji and me a great deal of what we know. He was Genjiko's brother too... so I'm thinking this is probably something their father kept as a keepsake of their childhood. Left behind after he returned to Rokugan and was executed by the throne. It paints a warm, but kind of lonely little picture doesn't it?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:33 pm 

She gave a light nod. "Then, it should be kept by you and Muhaki-dono, my friend. It has greater value to the two of you than anyone else I can think of now. Think of it as an early wedding present, perhaps?" Utsusemi smiled gently.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:38 pm 

She smiled and accepted the box with a nod. She then chuckled, "It may be a bit gauche to say, but marriage gifts usually cost a bit more than this in Merenae my dear friend."

She patted her friend on the shoulder once in a friendly manner and smiled, "I'm kidding of course. Thank you for the thoughtful gift. Genjiko was very much a mother to Saionji in more ways than one. To have a keepsake of hers, and his mentor... will be meaningful. You sure you don't want to give it to him yourself?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:47 pm 

"Oh, you will still have a more impressive wedding gift than this, trust me. Though I cannot promise it will be worth diamonds and emeralds like your beautiful ring, unless someone can put a proper price on art," she chuckled briefly, having grown more accustomed to the strange Merenaese shows of affection.

"... If you believe it suitable, I would be honoured to give it to him. Where might one find him these days? I do not have any plans for today apart from helping out here and there, so I can certainly spare some time to meet with him if he's available."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:52 pm 

"He's been staying down at Ide Mohan's apothecary. I think Kenzo knows where it is if you need directions. Or I can send an aide to communicate that you'd like to meet with him. He's usually the type to worry... so it may be good to have some company for him while I am away for the day..." She said with a smile that lost a bit of its luster.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:55 pm 

Utsusemi was quick to offer an encouraging smile. She had had lots of practice with it lately, after all.

"You will make it back. You and Kenzo both... Stay close to him or our captain in the fight," she said firmly with full faith in Keiji as their captain, as well Kenzo to keep Belle out of trouble... and vice-versa.

"If he's the type to worry... well, he sounds a lot like myself," there was a brief chuckle. "... Perhaps we shall offer some prayers for everyone's safety?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:07 am 

She nodded but then tilted her head, "You want to pray here?"

DescriptionTheme

Page 1 of 4 [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next