Login FAQ  
It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:08 pm




 Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 
Author Message
 Post subject: Forgive Me Padre... (D4, LA)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:16 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:22 pm
Posts: 1687
Bellena arrived at the Iglesia in the late afternoon. She smiled as she looked up at the humble chapel. It had been a few months since she had been able to attend, and with Kharsis' mercy fresh in her mind from the storm, the sight of the cathedral filled a void in her heart. She walked inside and greeted one of the parishes inquiring where the Padre was at this hour...



_________________
Tortoise Clan • Scholar-Sage • Linguist • Astronomer • 'Unparalleled Intellect' • Foreign Heritage • Gaijin Name • Advisor
Faith: What is Expected - Reputation: 2.4 - Status: 3.0
Carries/Owns: Rapier, Pistol, Telescope
Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai


DescriptionTheme
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Forgive Me Padre... (D4, LA)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:51 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:58 am
Posts: 3770
She was informed that Padre Alvaro was praying in the orchard.



_________________
Head GM ✿ Floating Lotus ✿ Gunslinger ✿ Merciful ✿ Experienced 2
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Forgive Me Padre... (D4, LA)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:52 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:22 pm
Posts: 1687
She thanked the man and walked out into the courtyard. She found the man praying quietly and found a seat nearby and waited patiently for him to finish. Enjoying the view of the courtyard as she waited.



_________________
Tortoise Clan • Scholar-Sage • Linguist • Astronomer • 'Unparalleled Intellect' • Foreign Heritage • Gaijin Name • Advisor
Faith: What is Expected - Reputation: 2.4 - Status: 3.0
Carries/Owns: Rapier, Pistol, Telescope
Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai


DescriptionTheme
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Forgive Me Padre... (D4, LA)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:27 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:58 am
Posts: 3770
Image

"Rosa, is that you? Do you have your rosary with you?" Alvaro asked at some point, once he realised her presence. His own fingers stopped moving along the knots dangling from his belt.



_________________
Head GM ✿ Floating Lotus ✿ Gunslinger ✿ Merciful ✿ Experienced 2
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Forgive Me Padre... (D4, LA)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:30 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:22 pm
Posts: 1687
She smiled as the old man spoke to her, "Si, it's me padre. I have it with me, yes."

She pulled out her rosary and extended it out to the padre.



_________________
Tortoise Clan • Scholar-Sage • Linguist • Astronomer • 'Unparalleled Intellect' • Foreign Heritage • Gaijin Name • Advisor
Faith: What is Expected - Reputation: 2.4 - Status: 3.0
Carries/Owns: Rapier, Pistol, Telescope
Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai


DescriptionTheme
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Forgive Me Padre... (D4, LA)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:57 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:58 am
Posts: 3770
"I have mine. Don't you need yours now?" He glanced at her through his thick spectacles.



_________________
Head GM ✿ Floating Lotus ✿ Gunslinger ✿ Merciful ✿ Experienced 2
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Forgive Me Padre... (D4, LA)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:01 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:22 pm
Posts: 1687
She smiled and nodded, "I suppose I do padre. I tried to keep my prayers up during my voyage whenever possible. But praying under duress is always a very different experience."

She pulled back the rosary but held it in her hand, "I was wondering if I could council with you on something."



_________________
Tortoise Clan • Scholar-Sage • Linguist • Astronomer • 'Unparalleled Intellect' • Foreign Heritage • Gaijin Name • Advisor
Faith: What is Expected - Reputation: 2.4 - Status: 3.0
Carries/Owns: Rapier, Pistol, Telescope
Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai


DescriptionTheme
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Forgive Me Padre... (D4, LA)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:18 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:58 am
Posts: 3770
"Me, or Her?" He glanced at the cross at the end of Bellena's rosary.



_________________
Head GM ✿ Floating Lotus ✿ Gunslinger ✿ Merciful ✿ Experienced 2
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Forgive Me Padre... (D4, LA)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:22 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:22 pm
Posts: 1687
She smiled slightly and nodded with understanding, "Perhaps her first. Then you."



_________________
Tortoise Clan • Scholar-Sage • Linguist • Astronomer • 'Unparalleled Intellect' • Foreign Heritage • Gaijin Name • Advisor
Faith: What is Expected - Reputation: 2.4 - Status: 3.0
Carries/Owns: Rapier, Pistol, Telescope
Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai


DescriptionTheme
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Forgive Me Padre... (D4, LA)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:37 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:58 am
Posts: 3770
"That would be the right order." The old priest chuckled. "She has the last word anyway." Alvaro closed his eyes and initiated the prayer in Yodotai.

"Ave Kharsis, misericordia plena,
Caelus tecum.
Benedicta tu in mulieribus,
et benedíctus sacrificium tua.
Sacratissima Kharsis, Filiae Caeli,
Ora pro nobis peccatoribus,
nunc et in hora mortis nostrae."


The prayer would continue...

[Void/Meditation or Lore: Theology]



_________________
Head GM ✿ Floating Lotus ✿ Gunslinger ✿ Merciful ✿ Experienced 2
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Forgive Me Padre... (D4, LA)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:41 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:22 pm
Posts: 1687
Bellena closed her eyes and took the rosary in her hand. She followed along as best as she could.


----

Lore: Theology-32



_________________
Tortoise Clan • Scholar-Sage • Linguist • Astronomer • 'Unparalleled Intellect' • Foreign Heritage • Gaijin Name • Advisor
Faith: What is Expected - Reputation: 2.4 - Status: 3.0
Carries/Owns: Rapier, Pistol, Telescope
Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai


DescriptionTheme
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Forgive Me Padre... (D4, LA)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:49 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:58 am
Posts: 3770
[No Revelation]

Going through all the mysteries of the Rosary took time that felt neither tedious nor particularly exhilarating for Bellena. She attained inner calm, however.

Alvaro rose with some effort.

"It's almost time to serve supper to our orphans. Will you help me? Agata is on the other side today."



_________________
Head GM ✿ Floating Lotus ✿ Gunslinger ✿ Merciful ✿ Experienced 2
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Forgive Me Padre... (D4, LA)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:52 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:22 pm
Posts: 1687
She nodded and helped him stand, "I'd love to. My mind has been too engrossed in the politics of man for too long. It'll be nice to just simply serve my brothers and sisters."



_________________
Tortoise Clan • Scholar-Sage • Linguist • Astronomer • 'Unparalleled Intellect' • Foreign Heritage • Gaijin Name • Advisor
Faith: What is Expected - Reputation: 2.4 - Status: 3.0
Carries/Owns: Rapier, Pistol, Telescope
Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai


DescriptionTheme
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Forgive Me Padre... (D4, LA)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:23 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:58 am
Posts: 3770
"Are you any good at scrubbing carrots, my dear child?" The old priest chuckled, accepting help reluctantly. Once joints were straightened again, he had his footing.



_________________
Head GM ✿ Floating Lotus ✿ Gunslinger ✿ Merciful ✿ Experienced 2
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Forgive Me Padre... (D4, LA)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:29 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:22 pm
Posts: 1687
"Hey, how pampered do you think I am padre?" She said with a smile and a laugh as she let him go.

As they began to walk she slowed her pace to stay even and make sure she could catch him if he were to have trouble. "I have something of a mission of service of my own padre..."

She waited until she had his attention and then continued, "There was a group of believers living in Rokugan that were employed to build the fleet that arrived today... Conditions back at their home are changing, which put them in mortal danger... I was able to bring a dozen or so families along with me in an exodus from their oppressive slavers, but now I must try and find a place for them to regain their footing."



_________________
Tortoise Clan • Scholar-Sage • Linguist • Astronomer • 'Unparalleled Intellect' • Foreign Heritage • Gaijin Name • Advisor
Faith: What is Expected - Reputation: 2.4 - Status: 3.0
Carries/Owns: Rapier, Pistol, Telescope
Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai


DescriptionTheme
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Forgive Me Padre... (D4, LA)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:38 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:58 am
Posts: 3770
"You can bring them here. It will be a little tight, but we'll make do. Kharsis always has a home for her children." The priest replied without much thought. The answer seemed obvious to him. "Maybe some of them will be willing to help around until they find new work and place to live in La Nueva Esperanza. The children have a school here, and a warm meal." He opened the door to the pantry. "The Lady said that no stranger would spend the night in the street, for Her door were always open to the traveller."



_________________
Head GM ✿ Floating Lotus ✿ Gunslinger ✿ Merciful ✿ Experienced 2
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Forgive Me Padre... (D4, LA)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:41 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:22 pm
Posts: 1687
Bellena nodded and looked thankfully to the old man, "Thank you padre. I know it will warm their hearts to hear that... and I will be more than willing to help as much as I can to make sure you have enough for them to eat."

She followed him inside and continued, "As for work, they may have one option in the near future.... Did you ever have the pleasure of meeting the Lady Someisa padre?"



_________________
Tortoise Clan • Scholar-Sage • Linguist • Astronomer • 'Unparalleled Intellect' • Foreign Heritage • Gaijin Name • Advisor
Faith: What is Expected - Reputation: 2.4 - Status: 3.0
Carries/Owns: Rapier, Pistol, Telescope
Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai


DescriptionTheme
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Forgive Me Padre... (D4, LA)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:45 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:58 am
Posts: 3770
"Did I?" He pondered long as he was collecting produce into the basket from which the supper was about to be made. Finally, he sighed. "I don't think I did. She is a Tortuga, right?"



_________________
Head GM ✿ Floating Lotus ✿ Gunslinger ✿ Merciful ✿ Experienced 2
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Forgive Me Padre... (D4, LA)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:49 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:22 pm
Posts: 1687
She nodded, "Yes, the nurse mother to Don Salvador. It's possible you may not have met her."

She watched to see if he needed her to hold anything, "It appears that she has been granted a kind of sainthood for her contributions to art and culture in Rokugan. The rulers of that land have tasked the Tortuga with building a memorial site to her somewhere here on this island. It bears some religious significance to the Rokugani... and I was wondering what your thoughts on such an edifice might be?"



_________________
Tortoise Clan • Scholar-Sage • Linguist • Astronomer • 'Unparalleled Intellect' • Foreign Heritage • Gaijin Name • Advisor
Faith: What is Expected - Reputation: 2.4 - Status: 3.0
Carries/Owns: Rapier, Pistol, Telescope
Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai


DescriptionTheme
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Forgive Me Padre... (D4, LA)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:54 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:58 am
Posts: 3770
"That it will never be clear to me how men can call a saint someone who didn't walk in the light of Kharsis, or that they can make such calls at all. And sainthood is what one can accomplish by bringing Kharsis' mercy into the world, not arts and culture." He exhaled with sadness.



_________________
Head GM ✿ Floating Lotus ✿ Gunslinger ✿ Merciful ✿ Experienced 2
Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
 Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next


 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

cron
phpBB skin developed by: phpBB Headquarters
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group