Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:33 am




 Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 
 
Author Message
 Post subject: Genealogy (D7, EA)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:29 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:22 pm
Posts: 1687
After completing her time at the Mosque, Bellena arrived at the church to speak with the Padre about a few issues and potentially see about being allowed to access some of the older records of the church.



_________________
Tortoise Clan • Scholar-Sage • Linguist • Astronomer • 'Unparalleled Intellect' • Foreign Heritage • Gaijin Name • Advisor
Faith: What is Expected - Reputation: 2.4 - Status: 3.0
Carries/Owns: Rapier, Pistol, Telescope
Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai


DescriptionTheme
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Genealogy (D7, EA)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:51 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:58 am
Posts: 3780
ImageImage

Padre Alvaro was just finishing kharsethesis with the children after the summa and left them in the care of laymen teachers while he was about to take care of their lunches in the garden, where they could talk about Kharsis while contemplating the bounties of Gaia her sacrifice had preserved for all. Agata was already there, preparing the site in the orchard for the meal.

"Rosa, blessed you be in Kharsis, how can I aid you, my daughter?"



_________________
Head GM ✿ Floating Lotus ✿ Gunslinger ✿ Merciful ✿ Experienced 2
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Genealogy (D7, EA)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:54 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:22 pm
Posts: 1687
She smiled at the old man and nodded her head in deference, "Padre, it is a blessing to see you. I have come to seek your insight on a matter. Can you spare a moment of time for this daughter?"



_________________
Tortoise Clan • Scholar-Sage • Linguist • Astronomer • 'Unparalleled Intellect' • Foreign Heritage • Gaijin Name • Advisor
Faith: What is Expected - Reputation: 2.4 - Status: 3.0
Carries/Owns: Rapier, Pistol, Telescope
Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai


DescriptionTheme
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Genealogy (D7, EA)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:56 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:58 am
Posts: 3780
"Not a long one at this time, I'm afraid, the little ones have priority." He pulled on his beard with a frown that he could not be everywhere at once. "But I'll try."



_________________
Head GM ✿ Floating Lotus ✿ Gunslinger ✿ Merciful ✿ Experienced 2
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Genealogy (D7, EA)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:00 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:22 pm
Posts: 1687
She nodded, "I will get right to the point then dear Padre. We have received news from the mainland of troubles at home... apparently there is some matter related to the island which stirs uncertainty in the King... something to do with the times of Cornejo Teodoro. You are one of the longest living residents of the island and I was wondering if you remember much of those days... Apparently there is something that is referred to as the Xantellados which is riling up contention..."



_________________
Tortoise Clan • Scholar-Sage • Linguist • Astronomer • 'Unparalleled Intellect' • Foreign Heritage • Gaijin Name • Advisor
Faith: What is Expected - Reputation: 2.4 - Status: 3.0
Carries/Owns: Rapier, Pistol, Telescope
Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai


DescriptionTheme
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Genealogy (D7, EA)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:12 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:58 am
Posts: 3780
Alvaro stood there for a minute, chewing on the vestiges of his mustache, agonising over something. His wrinkled forehead furrowed deeply, and he looked like he was aging as she was looking. After this tense minute, he raised his gaze on her.

"Kharsis teaches us to live in truth, even in a difficult one. But truth is a responsibility. With this truth you can harm many, Rosa. More than you can imagine." A tear welled up in his eye. He removed it after an effort with his shaking hand. "I will give you your answer if you kneel here and swear to Kharsis that you will not use it to harm anyone, in carelessness or in deliberation, your bitterest enemy included, for if you do, your soul shall be in the grasp of the Merciless."



_________________
Head GM ✿ Floating Lotus ✿ Gunslinger ✿ Merciful ✿ Experienced 2
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Genealogy (D7, EA)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:22 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:22 pm
Posts: 1687
Bellena listened intently to the serious tone of the Padre and thought deeply about the implications for several moments before nodding her head. She knelt before the Padre and put her hand over her heart, "I swear that I will not use the information you provide to me as a way to hurt others. Through negligence or through deliberation I will not support its use to destroy even my greatest enemy."



_________________
Tortoise Clan • Scholar-Sage • Linguist • Astronomer • 'Unparalleled Intellect' • Foreign Heritage • Gaijin Name • Advisor
Faith: What is Expected - Reputation: 2.4 - Status: 3.0
Carries/Owns: Rapier, Pistol, Telescope
Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai


DescriptionTheme
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Genealogy (D7, EA)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:35 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:58 am
Posts: 3780
"In nomine Caelis et Gais et sui filiae Kharsi. Amen."

Alvaro laid his hand on her head and helped her up, slipping a key into her hand and whispering as she rose.

"In my parsony there is a small archive space behind a panel in my sleeping cell. Amid old records of baptisms, marriages and burials of this parish, seek the one with the date [459 in Merenaese Calendar]. There will be your answer."



_________________
Head GM ✿ Floating Lotus ✿ Gunslinger ✿ Merciful ✿ Experienced 2
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Genealogy (D7, EA)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:38 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:22 pm
Posts: 1687
She nodded, "Thank you Padre... I had hoped to look through the genealogical records for something else as well...
I may spend a bit of time there this afternoon if you would permit.
"



_________________
Tortoise Clan • Scholar-Sage • Linguist • Astronomer • 'Unparalleled Intellect' • Foreign Heritage • Gaijin Name • Advisor
Faith: What is Expected - Reputation: 2.4 - Status: 3.0
Carries/Owns: Rapier, Pistol, Telescope
Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai


DescriptionTheme
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Genealogy (D7, EA)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:42 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:58 am
Posts: 3780
He nodded. "This burden is now on you, my child. I've carried it for too long. Go with Kharsis' Mercy." He moved away, toward the orchard, slower and more feebly, as if the burden turned greater rather than lighter.



_________________
Head GM ✿ Floating Lotus ✿ Gunslinger ✿ Merciful ✿ Experienced 2
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Genealogy (D7, EA)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:44 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:22 pm
Posts: 1687
Bellena nodded solemnly and stood. She passed a glance to Agata and nodded then turned a concerned look back on the Padre. After a few moments she walked inside the chapel to the area in his room that the Padre had mentioned, found the document, and sat down at his desk and began to read it.



_________________
Tortoise Clan • Scholar-Sage • Linguist • Astronomer • 'Unparalleled Intellect' • Foreign Heritage • Gaijin Name • Advisor
Faith: What is Expected - Reputation: 2.4 - Status: 3.0
Carries/Owns: Rapier, Pistol, Telescope
Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai


DescriptionTheme
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Genealogy (D7, EA)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:04 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:58 am
Posts: 3780
It wasn't long before she found the relevant excerpt.

Quote:
March 13th. In his first year of life the son of Teodoro Aljundro Alvaro de Cornejo de la Corna y Gasset and Reyna Pilaria Principesa de Xantello de la Tierra Esmeralda was baptised by Padre Alvaro Molinero in the Faith of Kharsis at the La Iglesia de la Misericordia de Kharsis as Ricardo Teodoro Principe de Xantello y Cornejo y Gasset. The baptised son was recognised by his father as the first heir to La Corna in the Kingdom of Merenae and all other titles and possessions of La Familia Hidalgo de Cornejo.



_________________
Head GM ✿ Floating Lotus ✿ Gunslinger ✿ Merciful ✿ Experienced 2
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Genealogy (D7, EA)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:12 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:22 pm
Posts: 1687
As her eyes poured over the document connections immediately began to snap into place in her mind. Her gaze moved up to the wall where her eyes stayed as she contemplated the impact of this knowledge. "Not the 'Shanty Ones' at all..."



_________________
Tortoise Clan • Scholar-Sage • Linguist • Astronomer • 'Unparalleled Intellect' • Foreign Heritage • Gaijin Name • Advisor
Faith: What is Expected - Reputation: 2.4 - Status: 3.0
Carries/Owns: Rapier, Pistol, Telescope
Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai


DescriptionTheme
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Genealogy (D7, EA)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:39 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:58 am
Posts: 3780
Elsewhere...

Quote:
ImageImage

"So it's done. I feel it."

Yajinden nodded in confirmation, watching Jama's cold, empty stare piercing the widow as the Prince looked at the horizon cutting swaths of Umi Amaterasu off his vision. As if he wanted to bend the world flat by his will alone, so he could see the distant shore over thousands of miles.

"Do you want me to leave, My Liege?"

Emotion - of grief, gloom and despair - laced only the first word.

"This was the risk I took. There is no turning back now."

A pause, after the voice turned harsh.

"...Yes. Leave. I need time to grieve."



_________________
Head GM ✿ Floating Lotus ✿ Gunslinger ✿ Merciful ✿ Experienced 2
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Genealogy (D7, EA)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:17 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:22 pm
Posts: 1687
Back in the private room of the Padre, Bellena knelt and took out her rosary. She closed her eyes and prayed for guidance in the silent and private residence of the Lady of Compassion.

/scene?



_________________
Tortoise Clan • Scholar-Sage • Linguist • Astronomer • 'Unparalleled Intellect' • Foreign Heritage • Gaijin Name • Advisor
Faith: What is Expected - Reputation: 2.4 - Status: 3.0
Carries/Owns: Rapier, Pistol, Telescope
Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai


DescriptionTheme
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Genealogy (D7, EA)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:28 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:58 am
Posts: 3780
/Scene!



_________________
Head GM ✿ Floating Lotus ✿ Gunslinger ✿ Merciful ✿ Experienced 2
Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
 Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 


 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

cron
phpBB skin developed by: phpBB Headquarters
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group