Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:22 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Post subject: [LA D8] Unicorn Prayers
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:32 pm 

"Shinjo-no-Kami, thank you for protecting us from the giant killer crab. Thank you for not letting it attack the city." She murmured these prayers lest she sound insane to any that might be visiting, or to Mahasin if she overheard. Only Shinjo, and of course Hida, might truly believe her.

Speaking of, she heard movement behind her as though someone had entered or been there longer than she realized. She turned around slowly, finishing her prayers. There was Iuchi Ruqqayah. She let out a breath. 'Finally. Another kindred!!'

"Iuchi-san! It has been too long!" She said more earnestly than she likely should have. Then again, considering her current emotions, it was a miracle that she still possessed the grace to not have raised her voice above a respectful level to say it.

Gaijin Horse (Bishounen) ∞ Papillon (Tristan) ∞ Carries: Personal Seal, Blade (hidden), Coin Purse
Theme: Praan [Translated Lyrics]Description

Post subject: Re: [LA D8] Unicorn Prayers
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:50 pm 

Ruqqayah herself had been praying, but hers had a distinctly different tone. "Shinjo, O Lost Daughter, why are so many of our long-lost cousins so intense about things and people unlike them? I want to be able to foster understanding and reconnect us with our homeland, but is that hope doomed? Please give me the strength and wisdom to be able to tolerate this and work carefully to make things better..."

She had just finished when she'd heard her name, breaking into a smile when she saw Akaichou. "It has!" She covered her mouth, nodding toward the courtyard. "Let's speak outside, so our enthusiasm doesn't trouble anyone."

Carries/Owns: Wakizashi, Tanto, Musket, Fan
Speaks: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, Ujik-hai, Senpet

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:18 pm 

She walked out with her fellow Ki-Rin. There was something entirely refreshing about it which she'd never quite felt before. She had always been so comfortable around new and different people. It was something she enjoyed! What was so draining now? Perhaps Ruqqayah would know and counsel her.

"You look well, my friend. How have these last days treated you?"

Gaijin Horse (Bishounen) ∞ Papillon (Tristan) ∞ Carries: Personal Seal, Blade (hidden), Coin Purse

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:37 pm 

She smiled. "It's been an exciting two days... Sadly, until the day before yesterday, I was keeping myself cloistered with my research in the Mosque. I only just met the explorers who apparently arrived a couple of days before that."

"How have you been? Have you had much contact with them?"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:33 pm 

Akaichou nodded and smiled. "Study is very important and I can think of no more beautiful a place to do it. I might be envious."

She breathed in thinking back on her many encounters with the explorers. "I have been well. I was actually able to help a few of them the first day they washed ashore. So many of them have been lovely. And it has been fascinating seeing ancient customs first hand."

She chose her words carefully, but she knew an Iuchi would read between the lines and hear what she had not said. 'So many,' not 'All.' An opening to remark on their customs... She hoped desperately this was someone who would understand.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:25 pm 

"Yes... Many of them have. There is a certain... certitude in their own customs in a few of them," she agreed, shaking her head a little. "We encountered a Jinn earlier today. It brought that out a bit. One of them started talking about cuts."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:37 pm 

Akaichou blinked, "A Jinn? Cuts?" She nodded. "I have always found as an Emissary that keeping an open mind to new cultures and ways is key. It appeared to me that some of the Rokugani have different philosophies than my own."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:53 pm 

"Today was... complicated. When I was in Little Aqahba, someone threw a lamp that a Jinn was bound in. We confronted him and his imbued two of those with his essence... One of those to whom that happened talked about performing cuts as a result... I am honestly not entirely sure of its meeting. I am meeting Agasha Utsusemi-san this evening. I might ask her about it," she mused. "I suppose I could have been a bit more patient, but two of them insult our food."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:36 pm 

"For ones called explorers, they sometimes seem to get homesick quite easily. A longing for things to be what they're used to. But then others seem very interested in trying cultural practices and, yes, the food. There is one named Shosuro Anzai who I believe will be addicted to coffee soon enough." She smiled and even flushed a little thinking of their tea ceremony the day before.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:37 pm 

"Ah, Shosuro Anzai-san... I met him the other day, and we spoke quite a bit about language. He was lovely company," she smiled knowingly at Akaichou's blush.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:56 pm 

"He and I share a fondness for tea ceremony. It's interesting to see the differences that have developed over time. He was quite graceful. And... He asked to court me. Officially." She was blushing again, she knew, but it was an odd feeling. "Of course I told him that we must send word to my father for permission, which will give us time to get to know one another. But... I find it queer that he would be so ready to court someone after just losing his intended. Do you suppose it's cultural?"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:21 am 

Ruqqayah looked away to hide a bit of a blush herself, then turned back, shaking her head. "I admire your filial piety, wanting to go about it properly," she replied with a warm smile. At the last, she shrugged. "I don't know... Perhaps it is cultural. I know some about them, but not too much about courtship practices. I know that they're a bit more formalized usually, but I'm not sure what that entails in detail off hand."

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ]