Login FAQ  
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:38 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Pestilent Existence (Day 10 Late Morning)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:46 pm 

Gaijin, they were like a disease and each day they seemed to have a stronger hold over the various samurai of the Empire. Something needed to be done, and Hantei Jama really didn't seem to hold much interest in the matter. He didn't wish to say the man was wrong, but he certainly seemed unconcerned with the well being of his people.

Such thoughts were for later though, right now he had other things to accomplish. Walking toward the Garish building the Unicorn called a church, he stepped inside. Taking a moment to check if there was a place for his sandals near the door, but likely finding none. He wished to talk to these people about their religion, and the Jinn. Perhaps he could find out some information that can help.

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

Post subject: Re: Pestilent Existence (Day 10 Late Morning)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:53 pm 

In the main courtyard, around the pond, a priestess speaking in Mekhem was holding some kind of class for the children. The children, boys and girls, were attentive.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:02 am 

Ah, he had heard this place was used as a School. Not wishing to disturb the class, the Lion began to silently explore the area. Observing the construction of the area. At the very least he could get a idea of their architecture. Perhaps giving some insight to structural weaknesses.

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:36 am 

His wanderings were soon interrupted by one of the Mamluks guarding the mosque.

"Are you here to pray, effendi?", the mustachioed man asked sceptically.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:28 am 

Kannon wrote:

His wanderings were soon interrupted by one of the Mamluks guarding the mosque.

"Are you here to pray, effendi?", the mustachioed man asked sceptically.

The solider received a somewhat curious look and a polite bow.

"I have no idea what you just said Solider-san." The Lion offered respectfully.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:28 pm 

The Mamluk nodded back.

"So you're a heathen. Be careful not to commit sacrilege or abuse hospitality of the Lost Daughter."

He would follow Yasuhiro around.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:19 pm 

The Lion raised a eyebrow at the man's tone and general lack of respect. "If this were Rikugan I'd decapitate you on the spot." Yasu offered with a slight smile, his tone still polite.

He generally seemed to ignore the man after that as he explored the church. Though he didn't go as far as to touch anything. Perhaps the priest woman would be done with her lessons soon, and he could see if she spoke anything but their barbaric tongue.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:21 am 

She would, alerted by a Rokugani man rudely trespassing in holy places.

"What is that you seek here, Senor?"

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:38 am 

He stopped and turned offering the woman a polite bow, though it seemed she didn't know much about proper manners either. It wouldn't do for him to be impolite though. "Ive come to learn Madam, if that is a option."

He glanced towards the guard. "If not I shall leave, your guard does not seem to enjoy my presence."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:45 am 

"Idle wandering of disbelievers in holy places is shunned by most religions, but maybe you simply misunderstood each other. It happens, Senor, and is regrettable." She nodded. "Learning is possible, but I must inquire about the purpose. Is it because you seek spiritual assistance, or because you wish to glean our secrets for the benefit of our enemies?"

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:00 am 

"Perhaps I am a disbeliever." He mused, mostly to himself. "In the lost daughter at least."

"I could be here for the second, though I believe that would make us enemies." He frowned softly, though the expressions disappeared a moment later.. "I'll let you judge for yourself though, which of those options you think is true, after you here what I was wishing to learn."

There was a small pause. "I wished to know what you knew about Jinn, and if the name Chephren meant anything to you."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:49 am 

She listened to his musings without commenting for now, though a slight frown appeared on her forehead.

"Chephren is a name cursed among my people, a name of the enemy most foul. The jinn are among us because the Heavens willed it. They had been among the first creations of Sun and Moon who had embodied sentience of the elements and had formed species that roamed the world so as not to be alone and have pupils to teach the ways of Heavens to. But in this some of them had grown arrogant and had turned against the Heavens. The Sun showed mercy to none and punished both the jinn and their creations, devastating the world and casting the survivors into hiding. To linger, the jinn let themselves be bound to their sentient creations as the essence of others among them was scattered or taken back by the Sun. It is only then the Sun gave the world a second chance and sent the Kami onto the world."

Mahasin observed the man when she spoke.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:19 am 

"So the people of the sands are the creations of Jinn then? " The Lion asked, there was little on his features that told what he was thinking, but there was something be hind his tone. Curiosity perhaps?

"The enemy most foul? Is this the name of his people, or the name of beings with no hearts beating in their chests?"

Last edited by Matsu Yasuhiro on Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:59 am 

[Assuming that was in Merenaese.]

"They are, of them the Ashalan were the most glorious, and guides to other races and tribes." Mahasin nodded solemnly. "So you know of the khadi, the evil sorcerers that have long plagued the Burning Sands. We have special hate for them for what they have done to our kin. They can emerge from any race, but it were the Senpet who have long held the secrets of creating them."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:23 am 

It was names Yasu had been looking for, he had seen the enemies of the Unicorn, but we didn't exactly know the names of them. The Khadi, the Senpet. Now he had a directions to look, perhaps he could study how they failed.

"I see." The lion offered with a thoughtful nod. "Sorry to go back to something you've already mentioned. The Jinn though, you said they bind their essence to another sentient creature. Is this dangerous in any way? Is it something that is passed along a line?" He believed it was, at least from what he saw. He wished to be certain though.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:27 am 

Mahasin looked at him attentively. "You were at Sahat Rasamat when the jinn was unleashed, weren't you?" She paused. "They stay with the bloodline, though their descent through progeny cannot be foreseen. Some may lose their sentience in the process, becoming just the elemental force they are made of. In essence alone they are not unlike the gift your priests receive upon birth that allows them to commune with the spiritual forces infusing this world. As long as they maintain their individuality, they can be summoned. My family considers their presence a blessing. We know of four types of jinn: Flame, Sea, Wind and Sand, though there might be the fifth."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:58 am 

"That I was Madam." The Lion offered with a nod, though he didn't go as far to say that it had left apiece of itself inside him. "So their presence allows one to call upon the elements?" He asked, though perhaps he had misunderstood her.

Last edited by Matsu Yasuhiro on Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:05 am 

She thought about it, then nodded. "If one knows how."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:37 am 

"Interesting." His brows furrowed for a moment in thought. "I believe I could ask you a hundred or so questions about these Jinn, madam. That would be awfully rude of me to take up so much of your time."

"So could I ask instead if you know a place I can learn more about them? Preferably somewhere in this city?"

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:23 am 

"While you may be eventually lucky with a book or two, you are unlikely to find such a place on this island, Senor. Such knowledge resides with the people, like in the lore passed from generation to generation in the line of Iuchi." She tapped her temple. "The jinn himself holds the answers too."

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next