Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:40 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: [D11 - LM] Deep Purple
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:13 am 

A rather strange sight happened during the late hours of the morning.

The Seppun princess, and Spider Queen, came to the Purple Mosque to find someone. Maybe someone here knew the person who she was looking, most likely, since she was a 'Iuchi'. Apparently the Iuchi managed this temple and its faith. She was also a bit intrigued about this 'Lost Daughter' creed that these so called Unicorns worshipped, out of curiosity since Hinami was not a very religious woman.

Hinami exuded an aura of nobility and status, and she was followed by her ronin aide, Megumi, in case she needed to speak other languages. She looked around, a bit lost, but she was not acting disrespectful. She would not do that in 'enemy' territory.

Languages: Rokugani
Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
Mon: Seppun, Otomo
D13 Theme

Since D6 LA accompanied by Megumi, a Rokugani ronin translator.

Post subject: Re: [D11 - LM] Deep Purple
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:19 am 

One of said "Iuchi" family was crossing the courtyard as Hinami entered, carrying a book with some form of elaborate, curvy yet geometric foreign decoration on the cover. Spotting the regal-looking girl, and not seeing Mahasin anywhere nearby, Ruqqayah decided to approach in her stead, bowing at an appropriate distance. "Good afternoon... I am Iuchi Ruqqayah. Welcome to the Purple Mosque," she greeted, revealing a genuinely friendly smile when she straightened, an expression much more open than was probably polite to Rokugani... but she hadn't been corrected on that yet. "Is there anything I can help you find?"

Carries/Owns: Wakizashi, Tanto, Musket, Fan
Speaks: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, Ujik-hai, Senpet

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:34 am 

Well that was rather convenient. Not only she was the person she was looking, but she also spoke Rokugani.

'' Good afternoon, Iuchi Rukukaya-san...'' She did had trouble to pronounce her name. '' It is a honor to meet you. I'm Seppun Hinami, Imperial Superintendent for Kameyama Jima and the daughter of Seppun Kentoshi-dono, daimyo of the Imperial Seppun family of Rokugan. '' She presented herself with all titles and formalities. '' I hope that you had received the blessings of Inari-no-kami today...''

Megumi also bowed quite low to the Unicorn woman, but did not say anything.

Hinami inspected the Unicorn woman. She apparently was older than she, but she was smaller. The Seppun princess took out her fan and opened it to cover her features.

'' Perhaps...'' She replied with a smile. '' I'm interested in this so called 'Lost Daughter' faith. Perhaps you could help me, Iuchi-san?'' A half-truth to cover her real intentions.

[OOC-Rolls]

Sincerity (deceit*)/Awareness; +1k0 Prodigy; +1k1 Void, +0k1 Benten's - 56 |Contested vs Investigation/Perception
  • Low Skill even without having the emphasis. -0.2 Honor

Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
D13 Theme

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:19 am 

Ruqqayah was a little bit naive, truth be told. If someone told her something, she tended to believe it without too much trouble. The Imperial before her seemed very sincere in her desire to learn more about Shinjo-no-Kami, but... Well, Ru herself wasn't exactly the most pious person in the world, though perhaps she should have been as the daughter of the Grand Mufti. Would she have to take over that position, too, when the time came?

No use worrying about that at the moment. It was just distracting.

"Oh, feel free to use 'Rukaya' if it's a bit easier," she replied. Was she expected to reply with all her titles, too in this situation? She wasn't used to things being this formal, and levels of formality had always been her weak point with Rokugani. No use worrying about it now. "Oh... Iuchi Mahasin-san is the imam for the mosque. Would you like me to introduce you?"

---

D11 LM, Investigation/Perception, Void for Skill: 3d10o10k2 9

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:31 am 

Mahasin, that was a name Hinami heard before from her conversation with another Unicorn gaijin woman, Akaichou. '' That would be a honor, but i do not wish to disturb her prayers or customs, Iuchi Rukaya-san...'' She replied vwith a slight bow.

She looked around, inspecting the mosque and Ruqqayah.

'' Forgive me for my ignorance but might I ask what is this 'Lost Daughter' about? What are the tenets of this faith? I do not know anything about the religion of your people.'' She was sincere, she didn't knew anything about it.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:54 am 

"If I spot her, I can introduce you," she offered with a smile. "In the mean time, I can at least give an overview..."

"The faith venerates the Lost Daughter as the epitome of goodness, righteousness, and possible salvation. The many different peoples who have come to comprise the Unicorn understand her in different terms, but we commonly see her as the daughter of the Sun and Moon who will one day return to us, and whose return was spoken of by the prophet, Mekhem. The Grand Mufti, Iuchi Khandagauri has set out certain tenets, like the prohibition against inbreeding, but the basic message is just... be good and decent people to one another. Unicorn may not kill Unicorn, that sort of thing."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:27 am 

'' Daughter of the Sun and the Moon?...'' That sounded slightly familiar to her. '' I heard that your people, the Unicorns, claimed to be descendants of the lost Ki-rin clan of Rokugan. I even met with a woman named Ide Akaichou-san, she kept a heirloom wakizashi in a box that had the mon of the Ki-rin...'' She inspected Ruqqayah, noticing that she was carrying a wakizashi, but she was more interested in her face...

'' In our history, traditions and religion, the land that is now the Empire of Rokugan was founded by 8 kami, sons and daughters of Lady Sun, Amaterasu-no-kami, and Lord Moon, Onnotangu-no-kami. They fell from the sky and landed in a place known as Seppun Hill...'' She was rather proud of that part in particular. '' Hantei-no-kami, the First Emperor, Akodo-no-kami, Doji-no-kami, Shiba-no-kami, Bayushi-no-kami, Hida-no-kami, Togashi-no-kami and Shinjo-no-kami. Is this 'Lost Daughter' and Shinjo-no-kami the same goddess, Iuchi Rukaya-san?'' She asked with curiosity.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:07 am 

She dipped her head in acknowledgment. Rukaya had relatively strong Rokugani features, but they were certainly mixed with... something else. Darker skin, not unlike a peasant's tan, despite her constantly wearing a veil and light green eyes set in a face with a mix of features. "We are descended from the Ki-rin... Many different peoples have joined us over time, but that is our origin. My own line is one of those from the Emerald Empire originally." She nodded. "Yes. Shinjo-no-Kami is not part of the legends of others, and they might perceive the idea of her through the lens of their own traditions, but the Lost Daughter is Lady Shinjo."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:38 am 

The 'old' Hinami would had probably despised her just for her looks, after all, she looked like a half-breed and a peasant, at least from her skin colour. But the 'new' Hinami was different, far more tolerant to those with gaijin features or that were gaijin themselves...

Still that doesn't mean that she was accepting her with open arms. She needed to know the 'real' person behind that veil.

Why is Hantei-no-kimi meeting in secret with this woman? Is she important? Maybe he is planning something with this Grand ''whatever' Iuchi... She wondered behind her fan. She didn't quite get what was the real purpose of the woman known as Ruqqayah.

'' Hmm I see. '' She didn't want to explain to her that they are still considered gaijin, not until the Divine Emperor says otherwise. Not here. '' If this 'Lost Daughter' is the noble Shinjo-no-kami, why is she lost? What happened to her?'' She asked.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:05 am 

She bowed in apology. "I hope you'll forgive me Seppun-san, but that is not something we prefer to discuss with outsiders," she replied, then straightened. "The important part for the faith is that she will return to us."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:20 am 

That was rather insulting and confusing. This was the second time that an Unicorn refused to explain in detail why they know Shinjo as the 'Lost' daughter. But since Hinami was here for another purpose she refrained from making a scene, especially inside the gaijin temple.

'' Don't worry, Iuchi Rukaya-san. I understand...'' She smiled sincerely. '' You said that the main tenets of your faith is to be good and decent. It is known that Shinjo-no-kami was the most compassionate among the kami. A truly noble goddess...'' Once again she observed Ruqqayah behind her fan. '' Can you tell me about how your people apply this faith to their daily lives? Maybe it has influenced your culture? '' She asked politely.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:22 am 

"Mm... It can be basically summed up as... Treating everyone as a person. Don't treat others in a way you wouldn't want to be," she explains. "We don't regard there being any considerable differences between the people of different races. There are cultural differences and misunderstandings, of course, and war is a different subject, but there's still a certain level of respect when dealing with others. Even slaves are not allowed to be mistreated, and may earn their freedom and become part of the Clan. Having an integration process into the Clan I suppose one could see as part of it."

"In our day to day life, it depends on the person, who they live it out. In my case, I put my energy into being the best healer I can, and try to use that to help others, Unicorn or not."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:38 am 

Hinami nods to her explanation. '' That's very interesting but I still don't understand this whole 'slave' concept. I heard that the commander of your mamulukusu, Moto Futto, is or was a 'slave' and that your soldiers are what you call 'slaves' but what are they?...'' She genuinely didn't understand the concept.

'' That's a noble path you have chosen, Iuchi Rukaya-san. '' She commented about she being a healer. '' I can only imagine that you have treated and saved many souls during your career, right? Many must feel nothing but gratitude for your help...'' she praised her.

[OOC]

and post n°500 with you. Yay!

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:38 pm 

The praise was a little embarrassing, and she looked away for a moment. "The important thing is helping others."

"Moto-san is a free man now if he's part of the Moto family." Ruqqayah didn't know how to explain all the nuances, so... She just gave the definition. "Slavery is the ownership of other people, for the purposes of menial labor, personal service, marriage, or battle. Slaves are considered their owner's property, but as other people, mistreatment of them is forbidden and they can earn their freedom and join the Clan proper eventually."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:00 pm 

Hinami was still confused by the concept since 'personal' ownership of other beings did not exist in Rokugan. At least not how Ruqqayah was defining slavery. And the fact that they could join into their ranks was even more confusing. '' We don't have something similar in Rokugan, in any case thanks for the explanation Iuchi Rukaya-san.'' She said a bit confused but didn't press the matter.

The young Seppun princess dedicated some minutes to observe the mosque. While completely gaijin, the building did have some 'appeal' especially the glasswork that filtered Amaterasu's-no-kami light and created strange and beautiful light patterns.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:06 pm 

"Of course... Whatever I can do to help," she said, watching as Hinami observed the mosque. "Was there anything else you wished to know, Seppun-sama?"

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:18 pm 

'' Well if you could share more stories about your people I would be grateful. You see, i'm also an ambassador and understanding your people and it's culture it something that I need if I wish to fulfill my duties.'' She explained to her. '' But maybe I'm boring you with all these questions, Iuchi-san.'' Then she chuckled behind her fan, keeping the sound low to not disturb or cause an insult.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:09 am 

"No, you're not boring... I'm just... not sure I'm the best person to help is all. I'm a poor storyteller," she said with a slightly awkward smile.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:26 am 

'' Oh, then perhaps I can answer some inquiries about Rokugan, if you have some and if you are interested of course, Iuchi-san...'' She offered a smile behind her fan.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:57 pm 

"Oh, of course I'm interested, Seppun-sama," she assured. This girl had a way of putting her off her stride. "I spoke a bit with Agasha-sama about how the arts and culture have developed since we left. Perhaps you'd be willing to speak of the Empire in terms of your own areas of focus?"

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next