Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:22 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: The Likes of You Again. (Day 12 Early Morning)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:50 pm 

His lips curled into a soft frown. "We don't understand each other, and I doubt we will, but I will explain myself. This is not a matter of friends and enemies. Not to me, to me this is a matter of loyalty and honor. My sword belongs to my Lord, by asking it to never be drawn against your people. You ask me to defy my Lord. The penance for that will be my life, because that is the only thing I can offer in penance."

"Perhaps you do not seek my blood, but it would be the consequences of what you ask of me. So no, I can not swear that to you, not because I'm your friend, not because I'm your enemy. But because it is not my place to make such a pledge. Your people understood this once, you said so yourself. The man Monkge left Shinjo, and had to be punished for it. What you are asking me is to put friendship with you above my Lord, that I can not do."

Yasuhiro shook his head. "I should not have come, I'm no diplomat after all." He rose to his feet. "I'd say one thing before I leave. You speak of how magnanimous you have been, but then remind me you hold a blade in one hand, as you reach for ours with the other. It makes me think you are looking for servants not friends, though that may be my biases talking. On that note you say I have my biases, and I will admit I do. I'd also say I'm not the only one in the room that has them." He bowed to the woman. "Have a pleasant day Iuchi-sama."

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:41 pm 

She sighed, but then thinned her expression.

"Then i will take it for what it is you claim you are, neither friend nor foe, but someone beholden to the will I don't know much about. And since I cannot know, I'll err on the side of caution and indeed offer you no further assistance. I can respect a principled man but it does not mean I should cave to his principles just as my own are enshrined as strong in me. Fairness I subscribe to dictates that giving something up is needed to receive something. If you wish to be given but not to give, then it is beyond my creed." Her gaze hardened. "If you think that speaking from the position of undeniable strength is my way to coax into servitude, that speaks more of your mindset than it speaks of mine. Go in peace, Senor. There's no need to reach a point in which you'd offer an insult I could not forego."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:40 pm 

"It's a thin line between speaking from a position of strength, and delivering a ultimatum Iuchi-sama, as you said though. Perhaps it's my mindset that sees it this way. Perhaps it's the knowledge that while you spoke of Mongke being punished for abandoning Shinjo, you don't speak of similar punishment for the leaders of the half of your people who didn't answer her call when she was in dire peril."

He shook hie head. "You are right though, I should leave before I cause offense, more so then I likely already have." With that, he turned to leave.

/exit

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2