Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:12 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: The Likes of You Again. (Day 12 Early Morning)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:00 am 

Another visit to the Mosque, honestly Yasuhiro hadn't expected to return again. Here he was though and this time he had business.

Pausing at the entrance, he took his time to pay the proper respects to the building, though in the rokugani fashion., before stepping inside.

He didn't know where the woman he saw the previous day might be, but he kept his eyes open as he stepped inside.

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

Post subject: Re: The Likes of You Again. (Day 12 Early Morning)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:25 am 

He would actually have a pretty good idea where she was because her sung prayer had reverberated across the Little Aqahba on his way there, with devotees of the Lost Daughter stopping to pray, their heads toward the west. She was now descending from the minaret as he entered the mosaic courtyard basking colourfully in the refracted rays of Lady Sun.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:23 am 

Spotting the young woman he was looking for, the Lion slowly approached. It seemed she might be busy but honestly he wasnt certain. As she descended to the lower level, he'd offer her a polite bow.

She likely wasn't looking forward to seeing him again, but then, few did.

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Merenaese

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:51 pm 

"Assalamu alaikom. Asshinjauh akbar. Alhamdu Asshinjauh." She began religiously, then inclined herself with dignity to Yasuhiro before smoothly crossing the mosaics in his direction. "A blessed day to you, Senor."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:49 pm 

He'd heard enough of the foreign tongues that her words didn't sound completely alien, he still didn't understand them though. "A blessed day to you as well, Madam."

"My apologies for disturbing you so early, I believe I nearly caught you in prayer, and that was not what I wanted. I'm Matsu Yasuhiro no Koritome, by the way. I do not believe we have formally met."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:01 am 

"Formal introductions, very well." She nodded. "I am Iuchi Mahasin, Imam of the Purple Mosque, loyal disciple to the Grand Mufti Iuchi Kandagauri. On this island on his behalf I am the religious authority for the Faith of the Lost Daughter."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:55 am 

"It seemed the proper thing to do, and was something o rudely forgot on our previous meeting." The young Lion said dipping in his head in apology.

"I was hoping to have a few moments of your time, if you can spare any."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:20 am 

Mahasin smiled gently. "I could spare a while. If you could follow me, Senor Matsu." She gestured toward the arcades, and led him to the study rooms of the mosque. One had a fully rugged floor with many cushions scattered, as well as several portable low lecterns. One was actually occupied by a studious adolescent, but she excused herself seeing Mahasin coming in with a guest. "Please be seated. Some hot peppermint for a good morning?"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:13 am 

He dipped his head in acceptance before stepping forward to follow her, his eyes casually studying the areas they passed. It was a interesting building. "That would be pleasant." He offered after a few moments, moving to take the offered seat. His lips twisting into a half smile. "I admit to having no taste for the Coffee many of your people seem fond of, so it's a pleasant surprise to be offered something different"

There was a small pause. "I hope that doesn't offend you."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:35 am 

"Your lack of taste for coffee? Hardly, Senor. I'll confess I don't drink much of it either. It makes my temples thump and renders retirement after last prayers of the day difficult. I like good night's sleep and need to rise before dawn, so coffee distorts my natural rhythm." She said with a small smile, sitting down in a seiza-like fashion before leaning to the side and moving legs together to the opposite one. Her body language was methodical, efficient and purposefully modest. While hijab and concealing attire obscured most of the natural allure she would otherwise exude, her mellow voice could not be easily deprived of it even though it was obvious that she prioritised being an imam way over being a woman.

"Peppermint it is. It's good to cool the organism and weather the sun without fatigue." She noted. "I assume what brings you to me are further questions about the jinn?"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:10 pm 

If his grandmother was here she would probably say something lewd, then remind him that the woman was gaijin. Perhaps unfortunately Yasuhiro's mind seldom went in that direction on its own though, and any allure she might possess went largely unnoticed.

"Mmmm.... I just think it tasted like something someone had burnt. I've not drank enough to notice any other effects." Though if the ones she named were common, it lent very little reason for him to want to try it again.

"But yes, that and a few other reasons. Specifically speaking you mentioned the ability to summon these things forth. Perhaps in a effort to speak with them."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:12 pm 

"And you wish this to happen, Senor?" She tilted her head.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:28 pm 

"I wished to learn more about it, what it entails." He offered in return. "During the battle with the Jinn, it forcefully stored some of its essence within me. I wished to ask it why and perhaps negotiate with it."

"I've heard these beings can be reasoned with."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:51 pm 

"They can certainly be reasoned with. Usually they are more intelligent and knowledgeable than we can ever hope to become. And they have their needs and motivations, usually a legacy from the past eras when they lived under our skies."

She nodded.

"What would it entail? Certainly incurring an obligation, Senor, if you wish me to do it. Summoning a jinn from an outer realm usually requires at least a few hours, preceded by second that in preparation. In your case, it may be way shorter depending on whether the jinn is occupied or not. They don't enjoy interruptions in most cases." She pondered. "If you mean some lasting consequences for yourself, I can think of no side-effects that would involve anything else that the jinn acting on their impressions from the meeting. Maybe some fatigue to sleep off."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:20 pm 

He had expected some sort of price, these gaijin might speak of kindness or compassion, it was almost always their greed that drove them though. "An obligation..."

He trailed off for a few moments. "What exactly would that entail then Iuchi-sama?" He couldn't very well agree to just anything after all.

Merenaese

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:27 pm 

"We don't help our enemies, Senor, that would the Kharsites, though we also are not reluctant to trust first. Shinjo forbade us from shedding the blood of our own, and we strive for abiding by that commandment, resolving our differences peacefully. We extend this to our friends. I will help you if you commit in your heart not to hurt my kin." Mahasin was usually replying quickly and without beating around the bush, and so it was this time.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:39 pm 

Yasuhiro's lips curled into a slight smile. "I'm not the type of man that makes friends Iuchi-sama. I'm a warrior and my first duty is to my Lord, if it's asked I shed the blood of your kin I will."

"You ask of me then a obligation I can't fulfill." He dipped his head in apology. "I believe I will have to seek assistance elsewhere."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:51 am 

She arched her brow. "It is one thing to follow the orders of your betters to go to war, Senor, and quite the other to encourage and seek hostility and violence. I imagine few of your people know anything about us. In our history, the Ki-Rin and the Unicorn have experienced hostility instead of hospitality from so many peoples that I find it hard to recount them all, giving us few opportunities to showcase the benevolence of Lady Shinjo. But here I am, offering you aid for nothing else than a promise of your personal commitment to non-aggression against my kin."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:04 am 

He sighed lightly. "You said you are reluctant to trust first, and I thought my coming here to seek aide despite how much I mistrust your people would mean something.... It seems I was wrong. "

"You have named me your enemy, and told me something of your people, though if I recall. Your clan has shed each other's blood in the past. The father of Shinjo Kublai, slew another of your clan for control of the Moto, and one of the swords he carries after all.

"If you had asked me to pursue peace between our two people, it's something I could consider. But by swearing to not shed the blood of your people. You as the enemy, you yourself said we are, are asking me to disobey my Lords order when we go to war. To do so would cost me my life. So in my mind, that's what you are asking for. My blood to be spilled."

Merenaese

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:13 am 

"Monkge abandoned Shinjo, putting himself outside of the Unicorn. Yonaru did his best to bring him peacefully into the fold but in the face of Mongke's defiance and slights he was right to make example of him." She grew apprehensive. How the man could have learned this? Nevertheless, she steeled herself to continue. "If I had truly considered you and yours as enemy I would have long asked the Mamluks to make quick work of your meagre deployment on this island. And yet not only did Commander Fuad let you in and stayed the regiment in the garrison for the past three weeks, even forgoing drills so as not to make the wrong impression, not only have you been granted free access to Little Aqahba and I've welcomed you to this holy place, but we have also chosen to support your curious escapade against pirates today with troops and artillery. Do you love your biases so much, Senor, that you choose to misconstrue my intentions while having proofs to the contrary of your claims before your eyes?" She frowned. "You are strange. You come for help but shun the extended hand. I wish you no ill nor do I wish your blood spilled but if you want me to inform my Khan that the Lion are enemies of the Unicorn, I certainly can do so. While I doubt you speak with the authority of your lord, your words are probably representative of what we can expect from you and yours. Are they?"

She paused, watching him keenly.

"It comes down to a very simple choice for you and your people: do you want to be our enemy? We reward friendship with friendship, and enmity with death. There can be quarrels and disagreements between friends, mutual respect despite many differences, compassion, patience and magnanimity. For our foes, only jihad until destruction or repentance."

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next