Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:41 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 2 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: (Day 5 LM) Heaven's tears
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:09 pm 

The Mantis captain was not exactly sure on the proper etiquette when entering this particuliar place of worship but since it was dedicated to Lady Shinjo he figured that rokugani customs might *somewhat* be acceptable.

Those who crossed his path could see that he was carrying a small box under his arm.

''...he was a paragon of courtesy...''

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):
-always: Double Kama, wakizashi, jade finger
-when appropriate: light armor

Post subject: Re: (Day 5 LM) Heaven's tears
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:52 pm 

During this time the imam was holding a madrasah in the courtyard. Children were gathered in rows by the central reflecting pool while Mahasin talked to them about the intricacies of pious life.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:56 pm 

Susumu took a seat some distance away and waited for the Imam to be finished. He did not want to interrupt and would use this opportunity to listen to the words spoken even if he did not understand them.

One must start somewhere

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:10 pm 

Mahasin noticed him but did not interrupt her teachings. As a faqih, a religious jurist and teacher, she had a special responsibility to the umma at Little Aqahba. He lecture in Mekhem was both impassioned and kinds, serious but delivered with a friendly smile that endeared the children.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:29 pm 

Susumu still observed the woman with interest but keeping quiet. He was the visitor here after all and he needed to show proper respect to the religious leader of the place.

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:10 pm 

Mahasin finally finished her teachings for the day and let children scatter. She remained seated on her folding stool, with a book on her knees. She tilted her head gently while looking at Susumu.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:10 pm 

Susumu finally stood and respectfully approach the religious leader before bowing

''Good morning. I am Gusai Susumu, captain of the Walrus. I hope that my presence did not disturb the lesson. If so you have my apologies'' he said in his best merenease

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:17 pm 

"I assume you don't speak any of the languages of the Tarkhanate, stranger?" Mahasin used Merenese, but without comfort.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:11 am 

"Sadly, I do not. I can speak Rokugani or Invidi if you would prefer but I am on my way to learn mekhem."

He pauses

"I am here to make a gift?" He was not sure if that was the right word

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:07 pm 

"You mean a donation for the mosque? I don't accept personal gifts from strangers whose piety is a mystery to me, but supporting the mosque could be an example of such piety. There are five pillars of faith in the Lost Daughter. Each for one wind she represents."

Mahasin enumerated.

"Shahada, the Creed of Faith. The South Wind, where her sacrifice was made and where Iuchi Suasan established the pillars of worship and enshrined our faith in Her return on the Day of the Awakening."
"Sawm, the Fast. The North Wind, where Her people suffered want in the grand Ujik-hai deserts but prevailed for She guided us. We shall never be broken and emerge stronger from any hardship."
"Zakat, the Charity. The Wind from the Heavens, representing Her in Her Compassion and Generosity and care for Her people, the gift that we have received and that makes the Unicorn the chosen of the Goddess. We bring her commandments and support to all, born high or low, accepting them into our community if they shed their false faiths and submit to Her blessings."
"Salat, the Prayer. The East Wind, where we direct our prayers to the place where She had descended from Heavens and where we came from as people."
"Hajj, the Pilgrimage. The West Wind, where we go in our eternal quest of spiritual journey that has brought us to the furthest reaches of the world and will carry us beyond. No-one shall deny us our pilgrimage."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:35 pm 

Susumu was attentive, trying not to miss any words. Hé slowly nodded as he understood.

"I understand, I think..." He wondered how to formulate his next words "...those are noble ideals but I am not a theologian myself, I must confess. I do not know the will of the gods but I know my own...I came here after a discussion with Ide Aquaishou where she told me that jade was rare amongst your people. I realise that our beliefs have changed greatly over time but de still believe that Jade are the tears that Lady Sun shed for her children..."

He paused

"I am sorry if I ramble, merenease is the the language I have the most ease with." He cleared his throat "I just thought the children of the goddess Shinjo should have some of these. I intended this as a token of friendship for our cousins. I hope I have not show disrespect?"

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:35 pm 

"No, you haven't."

Mahasin smiled faintly, but beautifully.

"The Tears of Shilah are a welcome addition to the treasure of the Purple Mosque, a rare treasure. I thank you in the name of the Umma, Senor. What is your name?"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:35 pm 

''I am Gusai Susumu of the Mantis Clan'' he said once again, bowing

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:41 pm 

"It doesn't tell me much, I am afraid, Senor al-Ghouzawi, that you are from a tribe of that kind."

She made a religious symbol in the air. Or Susumu could think it was religious. The air got a bit more ionised and fresh.

"But the Unicorn welcome you."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:01 pm 

''The Mantis as old roots but does not directly descend from any Kami. Our ancestors came from Hida-no-Kami's blood but as long taken their own path...we are a clan of the sea, explorers at time, merchants in others.'' he specifies

He then mused on the symbol she just made

''I am very much both those things.'' he smiles as well ''And I must admit I have long envied your clan's voyages''

The unicorn was it? A curious change in name

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:16 pm 

"Truly?" Mahasin tilted her head. "Adopt the Faith by repeating the Creed thrice and swear fealty to one of the Khans if you want to partake in our greatness. Where you come from is less important than where you are heading. Future belongs to the Unicorn."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:22 pm 

The Mantis raised an eyebrow

''You wish for me to adopt a faith I know nothing of?'' he asked ''I am not a religious man nor do I know the will of heavens...I would make a poor convert''

He kept his smile nonetheless

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:32 pm 

"Once you adopt the Faith the quality of your worship is between the Goddess and you. Shahada is enough. You can remain a heathen as many others we meet but those who wish to distinguish themselves in the eyes of the Khans should share our Faith. There is no true separation between it and our mission."

She raised a brow as well, her smile waning.

"If you want to learn first, I can accept you in my madrasah. You could sit among the children."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:17 pm 

''Mmh, I should learn the languages of the Unicorn first I suspect or else the instruction will be lost'' he chuckled at that

''I am more then willing to learn about your Faith but why do you say that there is no separation between it and your mission?''

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:45 pm 

"The details of the answer to this question belong to the faithful and loyal to the Khans. Which of our languages do you want to learn? The one our ancestors spoke, the one that defines who we are as followers of the Goddess or the one our Empire speaks?"

Page 1 of 2 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next