Login FAQ  
It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:01 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




 Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 
 
Author Message
 Post subject: The Shut-In (D6 EM)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:57 am 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:12 am
Posts: 622
Early in the morning, as the light of the sun rising in the east fully lit the colorful glass in the windows, Ruqqayah crossed the courtyard from her chamber and entered the main hall. Finding a place to lay out her mat, she knelt down and prayed to the goddess.

I've found very little this last week... I can't find what I need just hiding here. Please, grant me to the wisdom to find what I need. Grant me the knowledge to help with my brother's return... It was all internal, a goal she'd told no one yet, outside of these silent pleas. After, she went through the more standard sorts of prayers, thanking her for her role in her people's history and the compassion and strength she still lent them.



_________________
"Promising Theologian"
Unicorn Clan • Sahir • Heiress • Researcher • Foreign Heritage • Gaijin Name • Ex-Twin • Filled With Determination
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 2.2 - Status: 4.0
Carries/Owns: Wakizashi, Tanto, Musket, Fan
Speaks: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, Ujik-hai, Senpet
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Shut-In (D6 EM)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:15 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:58 am
Posts: 3780
Mahasin soon joined the room to conduct prayers for the faithful, having descended from her minaret. Once they were over, she approached the young cousin.

Image

"Lella, I wish to speak with you, in private."



_________________
Head GM ✿ Floating Lotus ✿ Gunslinger ✿ Merciful ✿ Experienced 2
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Shut-In (D6 EM)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:41 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:12 am
Posts: 622
When Mahasin gets her attention, she rises and nods. "Of course. Lead the way."



_________________
"Promising Theologian"
Unicorn Clan • Sahir • Heiress • Researcher • Foreign Heritage • Gaijin Name • Ex-Twin • Filled With Determination
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 2.2 - Status: 4.0
Carries/Owns: Wakizashi, Tanto, Musket, Fan
Speaks: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, Ujik-hai, Senpet
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Shut-In (D6 EM)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:40 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:58 am
Posts: 3780
When they were alone in a room fantastically doused in colours of prismatically dispersed sunrays painting the floors, Mahasin turned to Ruqqayah with a concerned expression.

"Lella Ruqqayah, I have it on good account that Sheikh al-Hattar has been given the mission by the Grand Vizier to find you, certainly at your enlightened father's behest. I have sheltered you on benefit of a doubt but now that the Grand Mufti wants a sign of your life I cannot condone it. I cannot command your fate for I believe your quest is fueled by the power of the Wind to the West which drives the Hajj. But I will not lie to Shiekh al-Hattar when he comes asking. Do what you must, Shinjo's will be done."



_________________
Head GM ✿ Floating Lotus ✿ Gunslinger ✿ Merciful ✿ Experienced 2
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Shut-In (D6 EM)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:19 am 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:12 am
Posts: 622
She took a slow breath in and out. She knew it was coming sooner or later. "Do what you need to do. It's all right. I'm sorry for putting you in this position by staying so long," she replied, dipping her head apologetically.



_________________
"Promising Theologian"
Unicorn Clan • Sahir • Heiress • Researcher • Foreign Heritage • Gaijin Name • Ex-Twin • Filled With Determination
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 2.2 - Status: 4.0
Carries/Owns: Wakizashi, Tanto, Musket, Fan
Speaks: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, Ujik-hai, Senpet
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Shut-In (D6 EM)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:25 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:58 am
Posts: 3780
"It's all right, daughter. I am grateful to our Goddess that she let me keep you here for a time. Your studiousness reminded me how I was not so long ago and what I forsook somewhere in the middle, becoming more settled than I would like, like my hajj to this island was enough while deep in my heart I know it is not." She sighed with a gentle smile. "Sure you'll be fine? In a sense you must be, or your misfortune will be on me."



_________________
Head GM ✿ Floating Lotus ✿ Gunslinger ✿ Merciful ✿ Experienced 2
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Shut-In (D6 EM)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:34 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:12 am
Posts: 622
"I'll make sure of it for your sake, at the very least. Anyway, I have a promise to fulfill, so I have to be fine at least until then," she assures with a smile. "Do you plan on moving on, then, someday?"



_________________
"Promising Theologian"
Unicorn Clan • Sahir • Heiress • Researcher • Foreign Heritage • Gaijin Name • Ex-Twin • Filled With Determination
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 2.2 - Status: 4.0
Carries/Owns: Wakizashi, Tanto, Musket, Fan
Speaks: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, Ujik-hai, Senpet
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Shut-In (D6 EM)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:39 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:58 am
Posts: 3780
"Inshinjauh, however Shinjo wills it." Mahasin smiled gently. "Don't be too hard on yourself. You have Her Compassion, don't deny it to yourself."



_________________
Head GM ✿ Floating Lotus ✿ Gunslinger ✿ Merciful ✿ Experienced 2
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Shut-In (D6 EM)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:44 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:12 am
Posts: 622
"If the time comes, it will be evident," she agrees with a smile in return. Her eyes lowered for a moment. "I will do my best.
But... it's hard to deny that it should have been... It shouldn't have been him in that accident."



_________________
"Promising Theologian"
Unicorn Clan • Sahir • Heiress • Researcher • Foreign Heritage • Gaijin Name • Ex-Twin • Filled With Determination
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 2.2 - Status: 4.0
Carries/Owns: Wakizashi, Tanto, Musket, Fan
Speaks: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, Ujik-hai, Senpet
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Shut-In (D6 EM)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:48 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:58 am
Posts: 3780
"All is as Shinjo wills it, my child. Maybe his sacrifice has been necessary for greater works of this world to be given their turn. You wouldn't have been here, where tethers of the old are pulled on every side, more and more revealing the new. Future belongs to Her. Never doubt, my child."



_________________
Head GM ✿ Floating Lotus ✿ Gunslinger ✿ Merciful ✿ Experienced 2
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Shut-In (D6 EM)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:16 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:12 am
Posts: 622
She bowed her head, as if in short prayer, before nodding, seeming to have a little more energy. "You're completely right, of course. I will trust Her future." She looks around. "I should probably pack and be out of your hair as soon as possible, anyway."



_________________
"Promising Theologian"
Unicorn Clan • Sahir • Heiress • Researcher • Foreign Heritage • Gaijin Name • Ex-Twin • Filled With Determination
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 2.2 - Status: 4.0
Carries/Owns: Wakizashi, Tanto, Musket, Fan
Speaks: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, Ujik-hai, Senpet
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Shut-In (D6 EM)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:23 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:58 am
Posts: 3780
"I don't ask for the names of all those who come to pray. We're still umma." It was Mahasin's way to tell her to return to the mosque when she needed.



_________________
Head GM ✿ Floating Lotus ✿ Gunslinger ✿ Merciful ✿ Experienced 2
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Shut-In (D6 EM)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:13 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:12 am
Posts: 622
She bowed her head in acknowledgment and smiled. "I understand. As-salaam alaikum, cousin."

With a bow, she stepped back and took her leave, heading to gather her possessions and vacate.



_________________
"Promising Theologian"
Unicorn Clan • Sahir • Heiress • Researcher • Foreign Heritage • Gaijin Name • Ex-Twin • Filled With Determination
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 2.2 - Status: 4.0
Carries/Owns: Wakizashi, Tanto, Musket, Fan
Speaks: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, Ujik-hai, Senpet
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Shut-In (D6 EM)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:45 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:58 am
Posts: 3780
/Scene!



_________________
Head GM ✿ Floating Lotus ✿ Gunslinger ✿ Merciful ✿ Experienced 2
Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
 Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour


 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

cron
phpBB skin developed by: phpBB Headquarters
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group