Login FAQ  
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:03 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: An Opening Coordination
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:18 pm 

Quote:
Establish 4 wards around Yamato Maru, then channel the linking cross-cutting energies onto the sand castle. The approach is a problem, so booths and barricades should be made, then run with to the spot and held as long as it takes for a shugenja to arrive to place a ward. Some time needed to shoving the loose sand away in that place is needed, so it cannot be just run & ward, sadly. It's of course easier if the shugenja puts the barricade in place, then establishes the ward themselves, but the intensity of goo fire will probably disallow that. Once wards are in place, shugenja should pull back and actually conduct a ritual to do so.

Alright so, coordination...

I don't think a single shugenja can put more than one ward in place?

Post subject: Re: An Opening Coordination
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:26 pm 

One way to make cheap barricades would be to use rowboats carried by two people and some wooden supports to keep them upright. The keel and hull shape would be great in deflecting the worst if the gunk blasts

''...he was a paragon of courtesy...''

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):
-always: Double Kama, wakizashi, jade finger
-when appropriate: light armor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:36 pm 

Well, I can definitely build stuff.

Shipbuilding will be 9k4, anything other craft would be 5k4.

I have 4 actions.

Carries: Wakizashi, Rapier, Tools
Speaks: Rokugani, Merenaese, Thranish, Sign
Accompanied By: Nari

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:40 pm 

Just get with the spirit Hikari. Lay on your back and think of the ship :P

Imperial * Captain of the Ashitae Maru * Courtier *Imperial Explorer * Herald * Jama's Retainer * Bookworm * Jinn-Touched * Prolific Pundit on Gaijin Affairs * Gaijin-curious * Princess of the Imperial Navy * Profile
Status: 4.0 | Glory 7.8 | Honour/Faith Exceptional | Reputation 1.3

Languages: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, ???

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:41 pm 

Hey, it's a battle for honour of an Imperial princess! Show some respect.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:42 pm 

Kannon wrote:
Hey, it's a battle for honour of an Imperial princess! Show some respect.

One princess is not worth more than a ship.

Well, except me of course!

Imperial * Captain of the Ashitae Maru * Courtier *Imperial Explorer * Herald * Jama's Retainer * Bookworm * Jinn-Touched * Prolific Pundit on Gaijin Affairs * Gaijin-curious * Princess of the Imperial Navy * Profile
Status: 4.0 | Glory 7.8 | Honour/Faith Exceptional | Reputation 1.3

Languages: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, ???

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:43 pm 

I have four actions too, my swim would be 6k4 w/o my armor if I get my kata on and I have a void left

Delivering the barricades might do it for me

Last edited by Gusai Susumu on Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:44 pm 

For non warding stuff:

I am not skilled for building stuff; though fire 4+void might get me through them. And I've got 5k3 for #2 and #5. For #6, I have 9k5 base (10k6 if we can throw Mental Quickness at the event)

I have a total of 6 actions before fatigue kicks in.

For wards:

I only have a fire ward spell, and I have fire 4 plus mastery and affinity and IR3. So I'd be rolling 9k4 on that one. For the other elements I would have to importune, and have both Earth and Air 3; I'd be rolling 7k3 on those. My water is only 2.

We should probably figure out the order of warding given they become progressively more difficult.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:10 pm 

I build things.

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:28 pm 

I'm going out soon for the evening so if yall get started, i give permission to be ghosted.

Total 4 actions before Fatigued. 3 Void to spend if needed.

Base camp: Intell/Engineering or Craft:Carpentry 5d10o10k4 (Void) OR Intell/Craft:Shipbuilding 6d10o10k4 (Void)
(I have Phantom Craft if necessary)

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:07 pm 

Okay, so Ran and I can handle the building. I have Defense of 5k3, so I could make a run with a barricade for the first ward, if needed.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:23 pm 

Alright, get us started on the base building/barricade/running?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:59 pm 

Will do. Asking a couple of questions and deciding who should build what.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:32 am 

It looks like it's best for me to build the base and for Ran to build the first one or two barricades. I'll build the others. Susumu, do you want to run all of the barricades out?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:48 am 

Run, return, run, return - those are my 4 actions I would have to take three more to finish it and get possible tn penalties due to wounds from the fatigue. I can try it but it will be difficult

If someone can manage the first easier one I would try for the three others and that would net us better odds. But if no one can...i'll try...

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:57 am 

I can, but I'd only be able to make one barricade. Ran will need to make the first three.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:04 am 

... Yep, i can build the other three. PRAISE OROKOS!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:04 am 

We would need one more person...

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:26 am 

I have 6 Actions (Earth 3)

I have a Ward Spell for each slot and Affinity from school. However, I only have Earth 3/Fire 4. I do have Friendly Kami (Fire).

General Theme | Stargazing Theme | Battle Theme

Typically Carries: Robes, Mask, Fan, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Divination Kit, Paper Wards

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:18 pm 

Yogo Akarei wrote:
I have 6 Actions (Earth 3)

I have a Ward Spell for each slot and Affinity from school. However, I only have Earth 3/Fire 4. I do have Friendly Kami (Fire).

What are your various rolls? Importuning would mean +10 to the TN for me, along with the increased TN for sakkaku, so you might still be the better choice for some of them.

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next