Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:18 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 2 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: Status of the Game
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:54 am 

24.10.2017 - Second event for this session is up. The first one will be wrapped up tomorrow - ghosting on it will start in 20 hours.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:13 am 

The fate of characters whose players have been inactive/have dropped:

As of beginning of the Session #3, first on Kameyama, the following characters are for IC purposes considered Lost at Sea:
- Bayushi Mishizu
- Kakita Otsuka
- Moshi Takuma
- Miya Eri
- Heichi Isao

This does not prevent them from returning to the game at any time. If they want, they can just be washed ashore or brought back to the game with GM assistance via a personalised storyline.

Doji Koharu has not left Dragon's Guard, called back by Doji Tanaka.

Iuchi Ruqqayah has vanished somewhere on Kameyama Jima.

Those who lose their betrothed this way are considered to have lost a bet by VIP rules, so half of their VIP, rounded down, is returned to them if he/she does not reappear by game's end.

---

The possibilities of re-rolling/joining the game.

They are practically unlimited, but can be broken down into two cases:
- A heretofore anonymous Imperial Explorer who has arrived with the rest is now defined
- A denizen of Kameyama Jima (Unicorn or Tortoise) has either arrived from the West or has been on the island for a time

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:50 pm 

The Mother of All Storms has arrived:

viewtopic.php?p=8737#p8737

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:28 pm 

27.10.2017 - The Day Change will happen tomorrow (28th). Between stomach flu, work commitments, the need to give players more time to post for themselves rather than be ghosted and a bit of work to be done with Kameyama locations and resolution of Mother of All Storms event this seems like the most sensible solution at this point.

So yes, a one-day extension of "Month" 3.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:28 pm 

28.10.2017 - Tension! metamechanics is up. viewtopic.php?f=18&t=737. Please ask questions in GM Helpdesk or comment on it in OOC Chat or on Discord before I pull it out of Beta.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:23 pm 

29.10.2017 - With a slight delay, we have arrived. viewtopic.php?p=9600#p9600

Now I need to take care of some RL issues. Like a !@#$%^& splitting headache.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:14 pm 

30.10.2017 - West Port is open! viewforum.php?f=57. Crews from up to three vessels (make decision which) may start making threads there EA+. The East Port will be here soon enough too (two other vessels).

If you have any suggestions for a location you'd like to see in such an environment please put the idea in your PF, preferably with a 600x300 picture(s) representing it. Some locations lack pics - I'll be adding them in free time, but you can suggest some too.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:17 pm 

And half of the East Port, Little Aqahba is up too. You can make threads there, people from 2 ships which didn't go to the West Port (your call, coordinate).

That leaves La Nueva Esperanza to reveal (I need a moment to be happy with all locations there), and the Northern Cliffs. (Best poked since D5).

Interior is the undisclosed area. You need to actually go out there and take some risks to discover stuff in hidden locations. Some people are already on it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:19 am 

2.11.2017 - Day change done. viewtopic.php?f=100&t=825. Heads-up: I need to catch up on sleep and then do this work thing so I may be sparser than usual tomorrow.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:55 am 

8.11.2017 - 1:04 am

I must say I am a little exhausted, and unable to catch up on some older threads I should be finding time to because they are relevant for personal plots of players. I suppose I can say openly that I am effectively at 1.1-1.25 GM capacity for a game that was planned for 4, so it is consuming a disproportionate amount of my time and effort I should be devoting greater portion of to RL issues. Like you may have noticed I am doing my best not to let the game lose momentum but over the past few days it's been far more like running around with fire extinguisher. This has so far been a much rockier game than IH1, with greater amount of PvP and OOC drama, and the balances I try to strike often don't satisfy one or both parties concerned (There have been some dissatisfaction drops as far as I can tell rather than just RL driftaways). I also realise that my attention is not equitably distributed among players. While it is mostly because of hecticness of too many threads at once, I'd like to do something about it.

I am fine with all that difficulty, I am of opinion that one does not put on GM hat with expectation that it will be rosy or light, and some cool head and tough back are required. But I got to the point that I feel battered and I must slow down a little and recharge so I can pick up speed again rather than collapse at some point. So some announcements and some requests.

1. I won't let too many lingering issues, especially adventure modules, run over into D7. So we're eyeing extension. It may be that it doesn't happen but I look at some of my RL work commitments Wednesday-Friday and I think it will be needed. So bear it in mind that new day is likely to happen on the weekend.

2. Please do not add to my pile too much before I catch up. I think I've already had twice my fill of things to process, so further NPC requests, appeals for personal plots, resolutions of undertaken actions etc. should wait for now. Please try to focus on NPCs less and other PCs more for now in your RP designs while avoiding more PvP.

3. Please don't get too displeased that your thread/plot/situation is unattended/forgotten/not properly addressed. I want to get there, I'll get there. I <3 you all.

Tl;dr - I need a breath, then we'll be fine.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:26 am 

11.11.17 - The game change will be sometime today (Saturday).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:49 pm 

14.11.2017 - Approaching session's end (you can start posting normal sessional xp expenditures in your PF so they can go active D8)

I am considering a 2-weeks downtime to give people a chance to justify some sharp off-screen learning curves (like Languages and skills), VIP accumulation/spending etc., and/or some Minor Goals. I think we're at a point you have some idea how you'd like to spend some extra time on Kameyama in pursuit of personal plots.

Please review this, on time lapse: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=733

And this, on Yamato Maru: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=985

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:25 pm 

15.11.2017 - After receiving feedback from players, the next session will look as follows:

D8 - two-weeks of IC downtime (no RL time off-set) - D9.

This will allow all players who had immediate plans for D8 not to wait 2 weeks of in-game time to do that, as well as an attempt to banish mujina from Yamato Maru (and potentially repair the ship over downtime) as well as repair the Painted Square after the combat event. >_>

It means the next day will roll in as normal and downtime decisions will affect D9. Specific rulings for downtime will pop up sometime during D8.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:15 pm 

In addition, I am officially soloing this. I'll catch up on things TacCom was handling. Other GM accounts have been deactivated. TacCom, Tenjoubito and kryvnus can join the game as players if they wish.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:48 am 

19.11.2017 - Short downtime rules are up.

viewtopic.php?p=16518#p16518

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:29 pm 

20.11.2017 - Flession joins GM Team! He'll be the God of Small NPCs and other things too! His character, Ichiro Kajima, is retired into NPC-dom, but gains a new location.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:11 pm 

22.11.2017 - I have a good excuse for being sloppy with day change; germs got me and my breathing apparatus is telling me I should suffer until I die soon enough (read: flu). So day change will happen when it happens i.e. when I feel better. But as we are probably (maybe not?) doomed to have a slower posting presence during Thanksigivng+, I think I can take it a little slow too. Especially that event and explorations are ongoing and I have some outstanding NPC posting to do. In reality, Day change will happen sometime before the weekend, but probably not tonight.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:14 pm 

29.11.2017 - The day change will be sometime tonight most likely. You may want to go about spending your end-of-session xp if you want the changes to be active early into D10.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:31 am 

Day change done, events will follow. TacCom is stepping back in to help me streamline the battle event.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:03 pm 

Heads-up: D11 will be 'prepping the military expedition' day. D12 will be the northern expedition in full force of all players except those who want to stay behind. D13 will be aftermath/wrap-up. It means that personal plots should either be wrapped up D11 or D13. Exploration that is not directly related to confronting the Thranish Zombie Pirates should happen D11, as there won't be any on D13.

Page 2 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next