Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:31 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 2 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Memorable Moments!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:18 pm 

For the sharing of threads or posts that you've read, and found exceptional!

For me, this thread is just so deliciously awkward, I feel like it deserves special acknowledgement:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=408

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

Post subject: Re: Memorable Moments!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:27 pm 

viewtopic.php?p=2893#p2893

Matsu Yasuhiro wrote:
Yasuhiro repressed the urge to sigh, this is why he didn't like scholars. Only concerned about what they might discover, never concerned about safety. At least the ronin had the added protection of not being very attractive, some of the other women going on this journey didn't seem to share the same blessing.

This guy......

I'm loving this scene with these two 8-)

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:09 pm 

I expect most people have already seen it, but anyone who missed Hinami's portrayal of her breach of etiquette at the garden should definitely take a look. It began here:

viewtopic.php?p=3479#p3479

Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:40 pm 

Subject: Family Matters (E 0, Miya Estates, Private Chambers)

Miya Edogawa wrote:
"Mother...." he met her eyes. His were filled with worry and concern. But, as usual, she was right.

/Fade Out

Le gasp! With his own mother?!

(I know it isn't, but it totally reads that way)

Imperial * Captain of the Ashitae Maru * Courtier *Imperial Explorer * Herald * Jama's Retainer * Bookworm * Jinn-Touched * Prolific Pundit on Gaijin Affairs * Gaijin-curious * Princess of the Imperial Navy * Profile
Status: 4.0 | Glory 7.8 | Honour/Faith Exceptional | Reputation 1.3

Languages: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, ???

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:13 pm 

The proper way to woo a Lion. With a traditional song!

Kitsu Keiji wrote:
"As for how I would command Akodo-sama, were such a responsibility given to me," he continued. "It would be to lead her into battle, as befits a true Lion samurai." And at this, Keiji broke into song:
Traditional Lion Clan Song! wrote:
In the battle, the mighty battle
The Lion attacks tonight
In the battle, the deadly battle
The Lion attacks tonight!

A-weema-weh, a-weema-weh....

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:10 pm 

viewtopic.php?p=5191#p5191

Kitsu Keiji wrote:
Voice Over: These are the voyages of the sailing ship Shark Fin, on its 5 year voyage of Exploration, Discovery, and Conquest for the Empire.

Captain's Log, Month of the Monkey, Supplemental

I think I love you. #LLP

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:24 pm 

I just loved Bellena's speech.

Muhaki Berena wrote:
Bellena waited for her turn and then walked into the office when she was called, shutting the door behind her. She looked at the furnishings placed around the room and chuckled once through her nostrils knowingly. After being directed to sit, she looked up to the Asahina who greeted her and began asking a question to her qualifications.

One eyebrow lowered slightly for a moment before she replied, "I feel that my qualifications are obvious. I believe your test showed that well enough. Despite never having set a foot in one of your colleges previously, I answered beyond what even your proctors could understand. And my breadth of knowledge doesn't come solely from studying a series of books on the ocean... I have more experience than all of your other captains combined, save the other Tortoise. I have spent years sailing further than any of your Explorers have ever dreamed, and all that time has created reservoirs of wisdom and insight that no one else here can compare with."

She tilted her head a bit, "I speak a variety of languages, including the one spoken by the only men on this voyage who will have any experience beyond simple shallow-water piracy. I have been to your destination. I have sailed those waters; I can read the sky more clearly than any road sign on land. I am constantly able to adapt because I have the mental capacity to do so and the experience to delineate between proper and improper action. Comparing my skills to these other children is not an exercise that is worth the breath expended on it."

She then leaned forward slightly, "This conversation really is more a test on your skills as a leader than it is a test on my qualifications. The obvious drawback I present is the color of my skin and the shade of my hair. Your men, taken from all different clans in Rokugan, may be resistant to a Captain or Navigator that is a 'gaijin'; someone without the pomp and frill of their conception of nobility. They may value their own foolish sense of pride over the harsh reality that the knowledge I and the other 'gaijin' on this voyage possess is the only thing keeping them from death, and your dreams afloat."

She looked to Yajinden, "And as you know Asahina-sama, until last night I had no reason to join your voyage until it became clear that you all were in over your head. I would prefer to not have my leaders have to explain why the Emperor's son's fleet got lost at sea, never to return. I have no foolish desire to see the horizon, and will not follow bad orders quietly, or foolish calls for 'progress' or 'exploration' blindly. I will decry incompetence whether it come from you, or any of your appointed 'leaders'. I will ensure that you arrive at your destination safely, and will ensure that there are no problems in communication between the forces of the Emperor at sea and the fleet you bring with you. This is in order to make sure that any 'unpleasantness' that your people and the Tortoise have experienced will not happen again. The question is then... how would you utilize these abilities? What value do you give to my skills and experience? Who do you pair with me to optimize the chances of a successful voyage? It is your call to make. History will be testing your judgement." She then bowed respectfully to the two of them.

---

Using Intelligence Trait, Linguistics, and Lore: Nature (Void)

Equipment: Rapier, navigation tools, light armor when applicable

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:31 pm 

This thread where the newly betrothed Akarei and Rokuro have their first real conversation is awkward, fun, and surprisingly sweet.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=572

Special note goes to this post here:

Suzume Rokuro wrote:
Rokuro settled back, and just watched her, eyes tracing that cascade of hair, her stance, her hands as she read.

So... this was his future.

He contemplated in silence.

Last edited by Mirumoto Kenzo on Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:00 pm 

This entire scene. :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=590

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:45 pm 

Subject: Gone with the Wind [Event, M3: Rooster 24th]

Kitsu Keiji wrote:
The Captain leaped among the rigging, nimble as a deer. One sailor after another was inspired by the young Lion's example, and joined Keiji in climbing the rigging high above the main deck.

As Keiji and the other crewmen adjusted the sails to catch even the faintest breeze, they began singing the next musical number:

A sea shanty! wrote:
A gathering of kami appeared above my head
They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said
They said come sail away, come sail away
Come sail away with me now
Come sail away, come sail away
Come sail away with me!

--

I love Keiji's singing! :lol:

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:49 pm 

Subject: A Visitor? (Inspection Day, Roost 26, LA)

Muhaki Berena wrote:
"Your definition of 'active involvement' is apparently quite different from mine." She replied with a tilt of her head.

"You know very little of my actual 'condition' if you think this is some form of a political play." She said with noticeable spunk.

"And even if I were knowledgeable on the subject I would be extremely reluctant to share information with a man I feel unqualified to 'manage' anything in conjunction with the other leaders of the day. The main strength of your system is its tendency to delegate and develop skilled servants in specific roles. You already have exceptional vassals who are better equipped to navigating the trials of the future who lack the same type of paranoid ambition of a second son who wishes to overtake his brother by any means necessary. His public vision of 'progress' and 'exploration' doesn't resonate with those who exist outside of the tiny confines of a cloistered empire. You can't find what has already been found... you can't own that which is already owned... Not without violence." She replied.

She then tilted her head, "But then again... his and your private views on progress are something you were less than willing to divulge the last time we spoke."

<3 <3 <3

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:17 pm 

Subject: Pork Belly Makes You Matsu Strong! (D5, Early Evening)

Matsu Yasuhiro wrote:
...Was the name of the place Matsu Tonkatsu? Yasuhiro stared at the sign a few long moments, before looking towards the Dragon woman. "Before I decided what to eat, I should probably find out what kind of man uses the name of my family for his shop Agasha-sama. It should be but a moment Agasha-sama."

The young Lion didn't seem too pleased by the revelation as he stalked into the shop. "Is the owner in?!" He asked rather loudly after he entered.

*Utsusemi's Kakita-side wathes in anticipation*

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:23 pm 

Subject: [D5 LA] Under one roof

Muhaki Ran wrote:
She narrowed her eyes at the Lion, but forced a smile. It eased at Kenzo's addition.

"Yes, thank you." to the Matsu.
"Oh... Staying with her? That's very ...resourceful." Her head quirked in a tilt to one side. "I wasn't aware she required protection?"

"Arigato," she nodded, and chopsticks picked out a few pieces. She should take them all so the Lion had none, but that would be rude, and she would have a tummyache. "Itadakimasu."

She nodded. "I have found my stay at the Amigo Winehouse, with promise to do some work for Muhaki Kiara-sama while I am there."

Ran is sassy and sweet at the same time! :D

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:33 pm 

<3

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:47 am 

I am loving this scene, but Yasu just stole it!

Subject: It Tastes As Sweet [EN5]

Matsu Yasuhiro wrote:
"And you don't know thing one about me. Or bushido for that matter, Gaijin." The lion replied dryly. "You make claims you can't back, and your lack of knowledge makes me wonder if all your claims aren't just the boastful words of a braggart."

"A samurai is always courteous even to his enemies, you can't even be courteous to you fellow explorers. Your flagrant disregard for bushido has gone too far. Your questions of mine and Seppun-sama's honor has gone to far. Apologize or answer with steel, and remember I'll be asking this duel be to the death."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:25 am 

The whole scene with Khenbish and Hikari is a good one.

I really liked this post, and the one right after it:
viewtopic.php?p=11810#p11810

There was something endearing about multicultural bonding through candy.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:28 am 

When confronted with Utsu wanting to get her a new kimono, here:

Yogo Akarei wrote:
"This is proper enough, isn't it?" The Yogo raised her cup to her lips and stared at the standing woman through her mask. Now it was a battle of will.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:55 pm 

I'm enjoying this entire scene, but this is comedy gold:

Subject: [D6 EA] Watch out for the Mountain Kappa

Muhaki Berena wrote:
She rolled her eyes and chuckled, "Yes. Real men don't get all excited about touching a woman with no interest in having sex with them. So if part of you is stiffing up somewhere besides your back, tell that part to take it easy... this is nothing to get excited about."

She leaned back and put her weight on his arms, "Now dip me."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:24 pm 

This thread, in which our resident Matsu visits the restaurant that borrowed his family name, is great:

viewtopic.php?f=147&t=854

This part here, and the few posts after it, are especially great:

Matsu Yasuhiro wrote:
"You not understand. Reason I say this, is not because food is bad." He offered after a moment his voice soft. "You say pork makes, you strong as strongest warrior, makes you strong as man in bedroom."

"Well, strongest of Matsu warriors are not men, strongest of Matsu warriors are women. So strongest of Matsu warriors might not like this." Yasuhiro admitted calmly. "In my head, your food good enough you keep name. Other of my clan might not agree, cause much trouble in future. If you willing to battle with each one, well you keep name. Will earn you respect eventually. If not, change name, perhaps to Lion Tonkatsu? My clan full of strong warriors."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:45 pm 

This is how Hikari's bakeneko tries to encourage her to keep him around:

Kannon wrote:
Azuki said nothing, just moved into the mist.

A few moments later a naked young man with a toned body walked out of it, looking straight at her.

"Sure about that?"

Page 1 of 2 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next