Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:19 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

After this game my current character will:
 1. Travel back to Rokugan  29%  29%  [ 5 ]
 2. Travel to Merenae/Tarkhanate  71%  71%  [ 12 ]
 3. Other (e.g. will stay on the island or try to travel elsewhere, and forego a chance to be reprised for either of these games)  0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 17

Post subject: Future to consider
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:39 pm 

After this game (which is still in swing, I am just getting a little ahead so you can give some context to your remaining experience here) the cast will bifurcate. Some will return to Rokugan and some will travel to Merenae and Tarkhanate. The games #3 and #4 of Iron Hearts are planned simultaneously in game time so each of you can reprise a character in one and not the other depending where you will sail to.

• One of them will be set during Rokugani civil war or just before it. The most likely setting will be a winter court, though there will be some experimentation, with players participating in deciding on large-scale warfare, and therefore some time jumps and location shifts may occur. The effort will be made to deliver a game that will be both a strategy game with mass battle and a role-playing experience.
  • The other will be in the heart of the Tarkhanate - Aqahba, ahead of a Very Important Decision for the Unicorn that will influence the fate of the world as a whole, which the PCs will be able to influence. This will be mostly a political game with strong Legend of the Burning Sands feel, so more martial adventures will be readily available too. The Merenaese prong of the journey will be handled off-screen through post-game goals/bets and those character who choose to go to Merenae will still be able to participate in this game.

High status PCs will be allowed in both of these games, both new and reprised. For the second mentioned the LBS component will be expanded in terms of PC options. Whatever choice you make for game #3 and #4, game #5, probably the culmination of the campaign, should be available to any and all.

Right now the plan is to do Aqahba as Game#3 and Total War: Rokugan as Game #4, but the sequence may be reversed based on interest, hence the polling. This of course can shift because there are still important developments in this game to play out but I think there already are some people with preferences in this regard. You can change your votes in this poll.

Post subject: Re: Future to consider
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:42 pm 

Utsusemi will return home to Rokugan. Was never even a question for her. :D

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:43 pm 

ROADTRIP! Merenae/the Tarkhanate was always the goal ^^

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"
Carries on person: Wakizashi, Tanto, Gaijin clothing

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:43 pm 

I don't think you even need to ask where Suichan would go. She'll make it to the Jewel eventually!

Imperial * Captain of the Ashitae Maru * Courtier *Imperial Explorer * Herald * Jama's Retainer * Bookworm * Jinn-Touched * Prolific Pundit on Gaijin Affairs * Gaijin-curious * Princess of the Imperial Navy * Profile
Status: 4.0 | Glory 7.8 | Honour/Faith Exceptional | Reputation 1.3

Languages: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, ???

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:48 pm 

Merenae/Tarkhanate here o/

Equipment: Rapier, navigation tools, light armor when applicable

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:54 pm 

Susumu will sail back to rokugan to settle his debt and make one thing then will sail to the burning sand immediately

''...he was a paragon of courtesy...''

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):
-always: Double Kama, wakizashi, jade finger
-when appropriate: light armor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:37 pm 

As of this writing I think Keiji would be sailing back and forth between Rokugan and Kameyama Jima after the game, so I put "travel back to Rokugan". But this could change depending on what happens in the rest of the game; after all, he could still get eaten by giant spiders in Yume-do, or something equally improbable.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:57 pm 

Gusai Susumu wrote:
Susumu will sail back to rokugan to settle his debt and make one thing then will sail to the burning sand immediately

So he will miss both games? I said it's impossible to do fast-travel on this map, it's an either/or choice.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:27 pm 

Ringo will want to bring his research back home at some point. It doesn't necessarily have to be right away but he'll want to eventually go home.

Rokugani, Merenae, Mekhem
Carries: Daisho, Finger of Jade, Heavy Armour, Ink Brush Kit, Ono, Pistol

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:42 pm 

No sand time for the Lion, Yasuhiro will be returning. Unless sufficient reason is give to do other things.

Honor: Exceptional | Status: 6.0 | Glory: 4.4| Infamy: 1.0 | Reputation: 1.7 | Notoriety: 1.1

Carries: Daisho, Kimono, Finger of Jade
When allowed: Yumi, Light Armor

Merenaese

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:25 pm 

Kannon wrote:
Gusai Susumu wrote:

So he will miss both games? I said it's impossible to do fast-travel on this map, it's an either/or choice.

Well Rokugan in only one month away, yes? If he wants the commercial deal to get through he'll need to return to Rokugan to settle things. I want him to be in the Tarkhanate but...

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:40 pm 

So a matter of priorities, I suppose. The downtime between game #2 and #3/4 won't be long. If you return to Rokugan, you won't make it for the Aqahba game.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:04 pm 

So I can't finalise the trade with the trading house?

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:06 pm 

Gusai Susumu wrote:
So I can't finalise the trade with the trading house?

I don't know. It's your choice and ingenuity how to proceed. You either sail back or forth, not both. I made this topic so you could plan out such things. Potentially, you can ask others to finalise some things in Rokugan.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:59 pm 

Am I expected to return back for Suichans marriage?

Imperial * Captain of the Ashitae Maru * Courtier *Imperial Explorer * Herald * Jama's Retainer * Bookworm * Jinn-Touched * Prolific Pundit on Gaijin Affairs * Gaijin-curious * Princess of the Imperial Navy * Profile
Status: 4.0 | Glory 7.8 | Honour/Faith Exceptional | Reputation 1.3

Languages: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, ???

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:03 pm 

Not immediately. You are free to choose where you go.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:28 pm 

I considered having Kenzo go on to the Tarkhanate, but, in the end, I think he would return to Rokugan.

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:13 am 

I withhold my vote until i discuss with Wata on what our goals are.

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:21 am 

Strange situation before Wataru... as Commander and Sailor I would guess he would head forward into the unknown. As a courtier his duty would be with his clan in the Empire. So I would have to know the Champions ruling on this. Should consider waifu's choice and words as well.

Carries: Daisho, Pistol, Light Armor, Personal Seal, Pillow Book, Fan, Coin Case, Jade, Parchments and Coal
Languages: Broken Merenaese and Rokugan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:44 pm 

I honestly don't know yet. It depends on how things resolve here, as plots now being revealed will have significant impact on Edogawa's place in any game.

1 is unlikely
2 is likely
3 is quite possible

Carries: Wakizashi, Rapier, Tools
Speaks: Rokugani, Merenaese, Thranish, Sign
Accompanied By: Nari

Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next