Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:09 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Post subject: Sleepless Dreaming (LN13)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:59 am 

Anzai could not sleep. His mind raced with waking dreams, a true rest eluding him. A walk. Fresh air. That would do well for him. Drrssed in his simple cotton kimono, he kept his wakizashi at his side, tucked into it's place in his obi.

For some reason, he found himself walking towards the cliffs, the mysteries of the area seemingly calling to him. Sharp eyes on the look out, the perceptive Scorpion seemed on alert.

Investigation at Northern Cliffs (Perception 3, Investigation 3, TN20): 6d10o10k3 37

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"
Carries on person: Wakizashi, Tanto, Gaijin clothing

Post subject: Re: Sleepless Dreaming (LN13)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:07 pm 

And so he didn't miss the rim of the cliff when it suddenly ended. Rather, he got sustained in a fickle balance between life and death. He felt as if the thick mists around him that had been impeding his vision had some role in this, buoying him into the crease between both worlds, a narrow nook where reality folded...

Come to me, my boy.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:20 pm 

That voice... it called to him. Anzai looked about in the mists, his eyes narrowing. He could hardly place the voice in his mind, yet he new it was calling to him. Stepping through that crease, feeling the Mists enveloping him, he pressed on. Curious as ever, looking deeper into the fog, Anzai walked. It certainly didn't feel natural, but that was hardly the point.

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:30 pm 

The milky hues of the fog began to turn deep grey, and undulate as thick gossamer on light wind. The shadows of unseen features were obscuring the path forth...

Come on, boy. Are you afraid?

That question sent a spike of fear into his heart.

[Fear 3]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:46 pm 

Fear 3! (Willpower 3, +1 honor, 1VP, TN20): 4d10o10k4+1 15

How he wished he coupd answer truthfully. Swallowing the lump in his throat, feeling that cold terror beginning to grip him.

Relying on his training, he called out his response.

"No! I'm not afraid!" He hoped he did a good enough job of hiding it.

Lying! I'm not afraid, I swear! (Awareness 4, Sincerity 4, Benten's Blessing +0k1, Deceit Emphasis, -3k0 Fear. Unknown TN): 5d10ro1o10k5 38

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:02 pm 

Your sweet lies endear me, boy. They always have. Ever since you were little, lying about not desiring your own sister. But I saw and knew, and I didn't condemn you. She's always been sweet like an orchid in summer...

The mist began to take form of a distant memory from their communal family bath...

[Roll to Resist Temptation vs. TN40; deduce 1k1 from your pool for Lechery.]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:22 pm 

Resist Temptation! (Willpower 3, Etiquette 7, -3k0 feat 3, -1k1 Lechery, 1VP, TN40): 7d10o10k3 44 +1 from honor for a final total of 45

Unlucky triggered.

Resist Temptation! Unlucky reroll! (Willpower 3, Etiquette 7, -3k0 feat 3, -1k1 Lechery, 1VP, TN40, +1 honor): 7d10o10k3+1 43

"That was a long time ago. Things change." He ran a hand over Akaichou's braid on his wrist, as the communal bath began to form before him. While the memory was true, he was better than his weakness.

Mostly.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:34 pm 

The bath scene receded.

Another love of yours... How many has there been, my sweet boy? You always promise yourself this would be the last one, but then something turns out against your wishes and you run forth to another, to forget. Soon you will part ways with her, like with all others... Forgettance after forgettance, and there is less and less of you after each time, no wisdom, just a shattered heart that re-aligns each time with a few pieces missing, smaller.

Akaichou stepped out from the mist... or was it Otsuka? Their faces blurred into one, became pale and glassy. She was sad, and began to turn and walk away...

[Void Trait Roll vs. TN20.]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:55 pm 

The combination of Akaichou and Otsuka was hauntingly beautiful. As he reached out for her, there were tears forming in his eyes.

Void trait roll (Void 3, -3k0 fear, 1VP +1k1, TN20): 2d10o10k2 23

"I've never forgotten. I've always remembered, each and every one. I could never forget any that I have loved. Because each time, I always hope for the best. Do everything in my power."

The vision of Otsuka being tossed overboard was fresh in his mind. "I refuse to be a slave to fate. Though I never forget, I do not allow myself to waste time consumed by grief." He smiled to the Akaichostuka.

"I live for love."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:31 pm 

Then you'll rejoin me eventually. Love is my favourite excuse for sin.

Akaichoutsuka would wilt before him, slowly using features, until her face would be no more than a glassy eggshell, featureless, reflecting his visage.

After that, the mists would part and the reality would cleave into his senses with acute sharpness. He was balancing at the cliff's edge, with sea raging below.

[Anzai has justification to purchase Forbidden Knowledge: Lying Darkness, discounted by any of the following he takes: Doubt, Failure of Bushido (Courage), Phobia.]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:34 pm 

The sight of Akaichoutsuka wilting away filled him with dread, fearing being abandoned taking a hold of him. This... thing... wasn't like what had been encountered when dealing with the battle.

This was the Lying Darkness.

This was his Mother. He felt it in his core. And his lie had almost led him to ruin. Something his schooling had indoctrinated in him, he now began to Doubt.

His fists clenched, as he looked out over the cliff. This would have to be dealt with by himself.

What had corrupted his Mother...

He would learn all he could about it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:57 pm 

/Scene!

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ]