Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:14 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Post subject: It has been a long time [Day 5, EM]
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:55 pm 

As the first rays of morning ushered the darkness away, a figure paced towards the northern cliffs. His destination was a small grave by the cliffside. The grave was beautifully adorned, with flowers of turquoise and indigo, as well as crimson and garnet surrounding it. The tombstone lacked the adornments of most Merenese graves, its flair replaced by a simple symbol engraved, a swastika with four comma-shaped heads. A bowl of greyish green material, filled with sea water, was placed in front the tombstone.

The figure, Xabier, carried a bouquet of white anemones which he laid with care in front of the bowl. "So I have returned," he spoke in an uncharacteristic soft tone. "I have so much to tell you."

"Did you know I was made the captain of the Imperial Heir's flagship?" he laughed. "I know, I know, expected when compared to the rest but still... What a feat," he cleaned off some dust from the tombstone, trailing his finger along the engraving. "The Heir is an ambitious person. I do not think he trusts me but I do not care. He will be a good means to an end. He seems to have, however, a way of attracting brilliant people. Guess I know why I like him," he chortled as his eyes wettened.

"Oh, I was briefly engaged to an Imperial princess," he laughed as a tear dropped. "The ocean swallowed her. I guess the Vengeful Sea is a jealous lover. No matter, I did not meet her besides the day we were wed and I was not overly interested in speaking with her."

"I, I, I..." He looked at the tombstone as tears rushed forward and he fell to his knees in front of the grave. "I miss you so much."

Equipment: Rapier, navigation tools, light armor when applicable

Post subject: Re: It has been a long time [Day 5, EM]
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:15 pm 

But I am here, my skallywag, in the mist. You don't need to miss me because I am here.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:02 pm 

The Tortoise tensed up when he heard the voice. At first, he thought he might have been imagining things but some part of him knew such was not the case. He remained silent, his hand reaching to the hilt of his rapier and his eyes open.

"You are?" he hummed as his eyes tried to peer into the mists.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:12 pm 

You're a rotten squid in bilge and not my son if you need to ask.

The voice turned angry. The wind blew more of the mist inland.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:31 pm 

He could hear the voice clearly now. He froze in disbelief as his eyes went wide like saucers. "No..." he blurted as tears rushed once more to his eyes. "But... It can't... No... Ama?"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:19 pm 

Are you really this surprised I'd make my way out of the depths to pester you?

The voice rang with amusement now.

There, there, my skallywag. I'd call you to me for a motherly embrace but your time hasn't come yet.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:38 pm 

His heart ached and he managed a nod as the tears wet the floor below. His fist was clenched hard, his nails digging into his flesh. "I'm so glad you're here," he sobbed. "I wanted you to see me. I wanted you to see how much I am going to raise. It wasn't fair. It wasn't fair that you died so quickly."

"You will see Ama," he lifted his face from the ground. "I will carry the will of our Goddess and I shall usher her will into this world. My name will be heard from every corner of the seas."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:55 pm 

You haven't accomplished much yet, my little sevengill. You can still rise but you may also miss your defining moment and drown in mediocrity. That's why I speak to you, so you don't bring me shame.

Mother's voice, mixing harsh and sweet tones, kept reaching his mind from no direction in particular.

The Great Sea That Has No Mercy or Forgiveness hears many whispers. Of chaos and destruction brewing in the East and in the West. Of fortunes of the weak burning to dust and the fortunes of the strong rising above all. Crowns of Emperors, Kings and Khans will be pulled off their heads, rubies, amethysts and emeralds shattered on the marble floors of their palaces. Hearts of flesh will beat not. Hearts of gold will be stolen. In the deep, bells toll. Coated in blood, they chime like iron.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:18 pm 

The prophecy was more than the man could have hoped for. He often dreamt that he would be the hand that guided fate and that heralded the coming of his Goddess but to have now a tangible proof? It was more than he could have hoped for.

"It is my plan to create unrest among the Tarkhanate. To fill their temples with the blood of their priests. To usher a tide of blood that shall herald the power of Our Goddess," he admitted. "I have been getting more acquainted with the opium cartels and soon I will flood the Tarkhanate's market with laced alcohol so their people might feel the burden of the smokey dragon. I will attack them from inside and outside until the giant collapses."

His smile adopted a more tender look. "But I am glad to hear your voice again, ama," his tone was genuinely sweet. "Will I be able to speak more with you? What about Amaya? Is she well? I haven't heard of her in months."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:55 pm 

You will not get all the answers you seek from me, skallywag, for this tames and unspools you. Thirst from your unanswered questions. You want to show the red cloth to the Horned Mare? I will watch this. But know that your power starts where you come from. Your brother understands this.

There was a pause.

Xantellados.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:16 pm 

"Xantellados?" he did not know that, but the fact his brother was chasing it and that he had head 'home' meant that he'd find more about it in Merenae. "I do not know what that is mother. Is that a place? A family?"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:24 pm 

Yes. It's our family, our place, and our sin.

The heart of our journey, halved.

Seek answers there.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:26 pm 

Enigma's made his head hurt, but he understood the need for them. "Aberri?" he ventured, already formulating a route towards Lekeitio. "Our sin?"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:35 pm 

It turned unfinished in Aberri, but started where you stand. There, pettiness and betrayal of ourselves. Here, clarity of purpose.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:04 pm 

"Where should I start looking, mother?" he was fairly confused, he knew his family had been for long in Aberri. "Is there a key here?"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:15 pm 

He waited. But no other voice came.

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ]