Login FAQ  
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:24 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 20 posts ] 

Post subject: Ocean's View (D7-LA)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:02 pm 

At the side of the road to the north, from the high, steep, cliffs of the northern side of the island, Gusai Wataru observed the sea before him. The waters seemed treacherous, dangerous, they were the waters that they would navigate next day. He paid special attention to the waters, tracking their movement, predicting their movements as they swayed up and down.

Lore: Nature (Water) / Per 3. FR of Asako to reduce TN, TN 20: 23 - Success

Carries: Daisho, Pistol, Light Armor, Personal Seal, Pillow Book, Fan, Coin Case, Jade, Parchments and Coal
Languages: Broken Merenaese and Rokugan

Post subject: Re: Ocean's View (D7-LA)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:07 pm 

His observation of the water currents yielded him insight on how best to avoid being pulled onto the submerged rocks.

[A single FR to a future Through-the-Rocks roll Wataru is a participant of.]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:33 am 

Ringo follows his friend along the cliffs. He is extra careful on the cliff as he is larger and heavier than Wataru and can slip easier if he is careless. Plus he did not want to ruin his clothes. "An interesting spot here Wataru-san. Have you been here before?"

/ Investigation = 25. Pass.

Rokugani, Merenae, Mekhem
Carries: Daisho, Finger of Jade, Heavy Armour, Ink Brush Kit, Ono, Pistol

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:39 am 

The Crab signaled out a strange new path that the Mantis had not seen before. "Interesting" He pointed out as he followed the open way, "I had been here before, although it was not a good visit." The samurai rubbed his butt as he remembered how he stumbled down the cliff, "this is where I fell yesterday. I think I miss stepped on a stone and was lost into that," he added as he pointed down to the misty area bellow.

Carries: Daisho, Pistol, Light Armor, Personal Seal, Pillow Book, Fan, Coin Case, Jade, Parchments and Coal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:01 am 

Ringo nods and looks down. "That looks like it would leave a mark. Shall we see where this takes us then?" He asks a little surprised that the Mantis didn't explore this area quite yet.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:38 am 

Wataru seemed excited as he looked down the new path that Ringo had found. "Yes!" He overly excited declared as he turned to the path. "Let's hope for some treasure, or some new, strange place to claim for the Empire and bring glory to our names."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:34 am 

"Treasure?" Ringo says with a chuckle. "You certainly are sounding more like a Mantis Wataru-san."

"I don't know if they will let us keep it anyways. It will probably have to go to funding the expedition."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:39 am 

The Gusai scratched his head, was he turning more and more Mantis? Was he forgetting himself in the new clan that was his home? He felt he had a similar mind, although different ways to reach their goals, and he wasn't thinking of keeping the treasure to himself, but to bring it back to the Imperial home and demonstrate his value.

"I might be, I have very stubborn mindsets like them, and the eager for exploration, but I'm still a strong religious one like those from my former clan. There are some slight differences," he thought out.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:03 am 

Ringo nods. "Combine the old ways with the new ways and forge your own unique path then Wataru-san. I am sure you will go far."

He smiles. "Just keep your hear held up high and focus on moving forward."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:30 am 

"I should also avoid them maelstroms." He joked as he remembered the storm that had caught them on the way to the island, almost costing him his life. "It took me 3 days to be fully recovered from that, and because I was well treated from Asahina Tori, and Agasha Utsusemi."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:02 am 

Ringo nods. "Agasha-sama did an amazing job for me. I just needed a little rest afterward to feel completely refreshed. Unfortunately I lost some of my items. So I will need to replace them at some point. I am waiting for the market prices to go back down to normal first."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:12 pm 

As Ringo would soon discern, they found an old path of fishermen leading down the cliff, to the rock level. There, along a narrow ledge, one could get to the rummage where Ringo had fallen and where the leper had picked him up. There was also a small and probably not too reliable fishing boat thudding regularly at the rocks on each tide.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:53 am 

Ringo looks around and nods. "I recall this place. I wandered here before. There is a village of lepers near by."

He looks over at the sound. "I do not remember seeing a boat. Then again, my attention was elsewhere."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:33 am 

"A boat? a leper village? Maybe someone is going in and out of the village, or it's their way to get resources. They probably still need to eat, neh?"

The samurai looked at the boat, it wasn't much to go through actually, and if it was lepers that lived nearby, their trip wasn't going to include any treasure at all. The Gusai seemed disappointed.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:56 am 

Ringo nods. "They sickly appearance makes it difficult for them to go to town. Though they appear to do trade with the ports with the goods that they produce. I intend to spend time in the workshop they have here and study their firearms technology up close."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:36 am 

"They are craftsmen?" Now that was something unbelievable that was reflected on the face of the samurai, "What type of production can they handle?"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:51 am 

"I just mentioned it. They make firearms." Ringo comments. "Their design appears to be different from the ones we have seen before."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:47 am 

"Firearms!" He was surprised that they could do any type of craft, and was curious to know, for who. "Why would they need firearms? I don't think many people would come close to them anyway. Are they attacked by any creatures of the island?"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:22 am 

Ringo shrugs. "I have no idea. Though the gaijin can just as easily use firearms against people as they do creatures. Though from what we have seen and heard, the creatures here can be pretty dangerous too."

"Since people are afraid of their sickness spreading, they stay away. I guess it also makes it easier for them to make firearms without disturbing others. The smoke and noise do not appeal to a lot of people."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:16 am 

"That's what I mean, most people are afraid of the sickness, so they already stay away from the area, so they need not defend themselves from anyone going in. I mean, other than having the fame for being good weapon smiths, why else would I go there? If they do work on this, it must be because they are attacked by creatures of the jungle..."

Page 1 of 1 [ 20 posts ]