Login FAQ  
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:15 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 2 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: The Old Mill (D8, EN, Closed)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:56 am 

"People often think of the desert as being lifeless. Only a few animals near the oases... The cold night is when the desert comes to life," she said with a soft smile, remembering the lands of her home. "Especially in the more brushland sorts of areas, all sorts of creatures come out of their burrows and caves. Bats, rabbits, even big cats."

Carries/Owns: Wakizashi, Tanto, Musket, Fan
Speaks: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, Ujik-hai, Senpet

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:17 am 

"I think I'd find this comforting; the night coming to life amid our desolation, reminding us that the mysteries of past ages are not completely lost, but beneath us where these creatures dwell during the day. I would like to unlock those mysteries, bring them back to the fore of consideration. It feels disingenuous to commit the same mistakes all over again. We need to learn how can we move beyond what has already occurred. Change needs a name, a substance and the thing it wants to overcome to be more than a slogan." He smiled faintly. "I like your smell."

"The great questions of the day will not be decided by courtly discussions or pious prayers to the Heavens, but by blood and iron."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:38 am 

"There are many secrets buried beneath the sands, waiting for a hand to uncover them. Many of them are even still alive somewhere, but closely guarded," she says quiet. At the comment about her smell, she giggles softly and kisses his shoulder through his clothing. "Thank you."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:16 am 

He nuzzled back softly, taking in more of her scent, kissing along her jaw. "I want to know more about them. How much do you know?"

"The great questions of the day will not be decided by courtly discussions or pious prayers to the Heavens, but by blood and iron."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:40 am 

She leaned her head to the side to give him more access to her jaw, but was silent for several moments as she tried to decide what to say. "Most of it I've mentioned in vague terms. I've tried to get my hands on anything that might relate to extending or returning life." She pauses for another moment. "It sounds all well and good, but there are dark and unpleasant secrets even in that realm."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:50 am 

"There are such things in every realm. Even here, on Kameyama Jima." His lips proceeded along her jaw toward her chin is small, hot punctuations. "Sometimes a way needs to be found to brave them to reach for what truly matters. Few good things in this world come without effort and trial."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:25 am 

"I thought so, too... Anything great accomplishment requires sacrifices, one way or another," she murmured softly. Her hands tightened a little where they lay on him.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:48 pm 

Between kisses of her neck, ever hotter, he whispered back. "How hard it has been to become a sorcerer?"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:21 pm 

"Not easy... by any stretch of the imagination...
Years of study..."
What he was doing was beginning to disrupt her breathing, making it hitch in her throat as the room began to feel warmer, much more than it had any seeming right. His mouth on her neck made any reciprocal attention difficult, but her fingers did run into his hair, tips tracing over his scalp. "... Do you want to learn?"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:29 pm 

"I do. No matter what you're actually asking about." He said without hesitation. His lips manoeuvred themselves into the concave between her neck and shoulder at the rim of her scarfless clothing just when his fingers dug deeper into her hair to interlace with their strands.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:39 pm 

"Asking about the source of the sorcerer question," Her clothing formed a natural limit to his movement. The amount it could be moved was limited without... escalation of the proceedings. "Are you asking in terms of sahir?"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:43 pm 

He tested the limits but didn't escalate. After a moment, his lips returned to her lips so his eyes could meet her eyes. His gaze expressed patient determination. "Yes."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:13 pm 

She kissed his lips lightly before nodding. "It would take time... but you could learn."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:42 pm 

"Then I will. You will teach me. I entrust myself to you in this regard." He stopped kissing to lock his gaze with hers. "What would you expect in return, Ruqqayah?"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:49 pm 

She dipped her head in acknowledgement. Her teethed worried gently at her lip. "An outsider would normally have to join my family to learn the secrets of our particular method of learning magic..." Her eyes focused outside the window. One thing was obviously, but she was shy about asking something like that. So she instead tried to think of something equal to it. Perhaps helping her revive her brother...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:42 pm 

"Look at me."

He took her chin and moved to face him, his eyes focused, his gaze unrelentingly regal.

"What you must understand about me, Iuchi Ruqqayah, is that I am my father's son, and he was an extraordinary man. He lived in two worlds, and had the will to define his own rules of inhabiting them. He was born into one faith but presided over another, changing it forever. He brought down the powerful while remaining humble. He was raised as a fugitive but transcended it hundredfold. When he met the woman he fell in love with, he married her the same night, handfasting before the innkeeper, even though all had conspired to betroth him in his infancy to a princess. Had he known that that woman had given him a daughter with as strong a character as his own mother, I have little doubt he would have made her his heiress. He was unbound, unlimited by conventions, habits, customs, expectations or imaginations of lesser men. He had the audacity to look beyond all of them and bring about change. I will consider my wife wasted if I don't rise to at least similar greatness, by ways and means few expect, by demonstrating that I shun the impossible."

He pulled her lip down with his thumb, intensity flaring in his gaze.

"If you are willing to accept that half of me that belongs to your world, I will marry you, Iuchi Ruqqayah. If you desire me as much as I desire you, I will be your husband and I will join your family. To the Unicorn, I shall be Iuchi Ban then, the sahir you will tutor. But in other worlds I will carry other names and I will lead other lives. Tell me if you disagree."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:21 pm 

Her eyes went wide and she was silent for a long moment. There were a lot of things she would have thought might have happened. That wasn't one of them. She is silent for a few moments, contemplating what he said. After a long time, she nodded, breaking into a smile. "I do desire you that much. The caveat, perhaps, to you might be that I will always be curious about you and your other lives... who you are in other times and places. Not as a matter of jealousy... but more that I'm interested in your life. Everything I've found out has only made me like you more. I won't push, and you don't have to answer."

"... And also, regarding myself, that I may eventually be the Iuchi daimyo. Should my success at my goal be delayed too long. So that you understand any complications that may entail."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:40 pm 

"Those are no insurmountable complications, my Spell." He smiled ever so slightly before leaning in to kiss her briefly. "I know whose daughter you are and you will know who I am soon enough for I don't hide in shadows but let others be blinded the sungaze I walk under. But you have lived under the scorch of Shilah and cannot be easily blinded." Another kiss, now with a firmer embrace. "Our worlds may collide soon enough anyway."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:24 pm 

She let out a short, amused breath through her nose. "You always have me at a disadvantage," she replied, shaking her head a little. She returned the hug closely. "There really is nothing that will trouble us for too long." With that said, she leaned up, initiating the deeper kiss this time, letting the feeling of being drawn in by him guide her.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:58 pm 

"Discarding pettiness helps us look in same directions." He poured more of himself into the kiss. "It's a habit of mine to be a few steps before the others but I think it is within your power to make us walk together."

Page 2 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next