Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:53 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Blood Remembers [LN8, the Old Mill, Closed]
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:45 am 

Hours later, when the waning moon was almost gone from the night sky, Jama recollected his clothes and put them back on. He then approached the woman by the window who was observing the trundling of the wheel, and embraced her from behind, bringing his chin over her shoulder.

"I have something for you."

"The great questions of the day will not be decided by courtly discussions or pious prayers to the Heavens, but by blood and iron."

Post subject: Re: Blood Remembers [LN8, the Old Mill, Closed]
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:49 am 

She broke into a warm, happy smile, leaning her head to rest gently against his. "Hmm? Oh?"

Carries/Owns: Wakizashi, Tanto, Musket, Fan
Speaks: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, Ujik-hai, Senpet

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:55 am 

Wordlessly, he put the lamp she had le Suihime carry away before her on the window sill. Only after a kiss on her temple did he spoke.

"From the account I heard I got the impression your interest in this item has not been satisfied."

"The great questions of the day will not be decided by courtly discussions or pious prayers to the Heavens, but by blood and iron."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:15 pm 

"Ah-!" Her eyes went wide as the lamp was placed before her. "Yes... I was going to look at it with Miya Suihime-san." She picked it up gently, turning it over in her hands. "I appreciate being able to take a closer look in private at least once... Thank you." She leaned into the kiss on her temple and turned to place her own on his cheek.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:49 pm 

He leaned back from it and straightened, bringing his own lips closer to the top of her head and blew lightly, displacing a few strands even as he embraced her waist and pulled her firmly closer against himself. "Tell me more about the significance of being inhabited by a jinn."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:36 pm 

She chuckled softly as she felt the air and a few strands of hair blow down into her face. Brushing it out of her face, she snuggled back into the embrace, holding the lamp. She turned it over thoughtfully in her hands. "Well... It depends on the jinn in question in some ways. I think in this question, inhabited by is a good description. It's not like possession, where the being is controlling the person touched by them. I think that one would likely gain the benefit of the jinn's experience and knowledge, but probably a little bit in bits and pieces. Plus, one would share part of their fate at that point. I suspect the latter is probably partly true for families with blood from a particular jinn, too."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:24 am 

"Is it common among the Sands, to join your blood with that of a jinn? Has your family practised it in a controlled way?" He mused, observing the grey of predawn in which the line of the jungle was getting distinct from the night.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:16 am 

"It's a rarity, even out there. I think it was deliberate and controlled. Lord Iuchi's granddaughter took the initiative to do so... Perhaps it was an effort to preserve our connection with the kami. Her jinn-blooded daughter, Iuchi Suasan, was the first to successfully merge sahir magic and speaking with them, after all, and their elemental natures aren't so far removed from elemental spirits," she replied, looking up toward him, then following his eyes out the window. Looking out made her settle a little deeper into his arms. It was never quite cold on the island, but this time, when it was coldest just before the sun arrived to warm the world, was when another warm person close to you was the most comfortable.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:47 pm 

His body read her need and responded to it. He was caring when he wanted to be.

"That would make you jinn-blooded as well?" He pondered in some other recent contexts. "Does the lamp resonate with you because of it?"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:08 pm 

"Yes... I am jinn-blooded, though it's not particularly strong in me," she replied. "If it did, it's beneath my awareness. It's possible, though. The incident in the square wasn't the first time I saw this lamp in particular."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:25 pm 

"Tell me more. I want to understand you well." He brushed his lips over her hair.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:55 pm 

"Someone in whom the blood of the jinn manifests strongly doesn't have a soul of smokeless fire, but can sometimes use abilities associated with those beings. Such people have appeared occasionally among my family," she explains. "Not long after my arrival, I spotted this very lamp in the Hoof. I tried to look at it in detail then, but just doing that gave me a headache."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:58 pm 

"Do you want to study it more carefully this time?" Jama didn't think a headache was a good excuse. "I can leave it with you for a while."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:12 pm 

"Definitely. It would be greatly appreciated," she replied.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:35 pm 

He held her close. "I don't want you deprived of what you want and think is yours by right. Just as I don't want myself so deprived." Leaning over her shoulder again he said after a moment of thought. "Keep telling me about such things, Ruqqayah."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:47 am 

She smiled and turned her head toward him to nuzzle against his face gently. "There are a few things left... The first we started working on tonight. I'm looking forward to that..."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:44 am 

"So do I." He nuzzled back gently before it naturally shifted into a kiss. "I'll be waiting for you next night, and every night until we part."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:31 pm 

She returned it happily. "I'll look forward to it. I suppose, speaking of parting, the sun, be she evermore merciful, is rising... We'll likely be missed soon if we don't part."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:42 pm 

"Yes." He stepped away. "I need to return to my other life. If we meet when I am not your Iuchi Ban, I will not behave like I know or appreciate you, but it changes nothing for us. I won't go back on anything I said tonight."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:13 pm 

She folded her hands in front of her and nodded. It didn't make her smile break, because she really wasn't sad about it. It would be a bit silly to defeat the purpose of a dual life. "I understand. Whether or not anything changes in the future, Iuchi Ban is a different person from the man with the same face outside. I respect that, and if we do meet, I intend to greet him as the new person to me he is."

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next