Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:02 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 4 [ 80 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: ...Or if You're Even There? (D9, EN Belle's)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:16 am 

Bellena returned to her room after another long and exhausting day of work. Juanito's little ball arrangement made the bulk of the day all the more difficult. She ran about the town all day and it was enough for anyone just to want to come home and lay down on their bed and wash away the stress of the day through sleep. She planted her shapely rear on her bed and began to take off her boots. There were so many things on her mind... Her conversation with the Padre, her conversation with the Naga, her conversations with Saionji, her brother's condition back at home, the Xantellados intrigue... far too much to be able to contemplate all at once.

While a woman like Bellena normally felt well-suited to deal with difficult problems, and in front of others always projected an air of confidence, in the tired enclosure of her weary mind and in the dark recesses of her private quarters those walls of confidence and strength began to wear down. She closed her eyes and quietly sought to regain control of her thoughts, but such a thing was not possible at this moment. Silent tears began streaking down Bellena's cheeks. Her eyes opened slightly. She looked over to the corner of her room, where her wall was adorned with a simple image of Kharsis, a set of candles, an old copy of her father's scriptures, and a little porcelain statue of the Lady of Compassion.

Tears blurred her vision as she tried to seek for an answer to her trouble soul. "I don't know what to do..."

She said aloud to no one. The silence in her room weighed down on her with deafening force. "How do I help... What is it I am to do?"

There was nothing, and no one... not a sound in all the Hacienda could be heard.

Wiping her tears from her cheeks, she stood and walked over to the scriptures. Her father had often read to her from them as a small girl. She kneeled on the ground and took the book in her hands. "I don't know what to do... what is wanted of me..." She said in frustration as her heart only filled with greater confusion and darkness.

She stared at the book for several seconds, as if trying to will it to relinquish an answer to her. No matter how her mind struggled... she couldn't think of something that would give her comfort. In a flash of anger and frustration, she threw the book down on the ground in front of her. She leaned forward and put her head on the ground as tears began pouring from her eyes again. One hand came to her stomach, and the other stretched above her head on the ground. Her extended arm clenched in a fist and pounded into the ground. "What am I supposed to do? How do I go on from here?"

Her thoughts turned to Merenae. To her brother. To her father and grandfather. Then to Kameyama. To Saionji. To the future with him she dreamed of... a future so packed with questions.

A gentle evening breeze blew in from the open window. The pages of her scriptures turned rapidly, and then suddenly stopped. She turned her head towards the sound to see the book right next to her face. Her eyes focused on the title of the chapter that was revealed. 'Iohannes Chapter 1' it read. Her eyes began to read the text, almost mindlessly... not focusing... but feeling the words as they crossed her eyes.

She read:

Quote:
Si quis autem vestrum indiget sapientiam postulet a Deo qui dat omnibus affluenter et non inproperat et dabitur ei..

postulet autem in fide nihil haesitans qui enim haesitat similis est fluctui maris qui a vento movetur et circumfertur...

beatus vir qui suffert temptationem quia cum probatus fuerit accipiet coronam vitae quam repromisit Deus diligentibus se...

Scitis fratres mei dilecti sit autem omnis homo velox ad audiendum tardus autem ad loquendum et tardus ad iram.

Ira enim viri iustitiam Dei non operatur.

Propter quod abicientes omnem inmunditiam et abundantiam malitiae in mansuetudine suscipite insitum verbum quod potest salvare animas vestras.

Estote autem factores verbi et non auditores tantum fallentes vosmet ipsos

Quia si quis auditor est verbi et non factor hic conparabitur viro consideranti vultum nativitatis suae in speculo.

Consideravit enim se et abiit et statim oblitus est qualis fuerit.

Qui autem perspexerit in lege perfecta libertatis et permanserit non auditor obliviosus factus sed factor operis hic beatus in facto suo erit.

Si quis autem putat se religiosum esse non refrenans linguam suam sed seducens cor suum huius vana est religio.

Religio munda et inmaculata apud Deusem et Matrem haec est visitare pupillos et viduas in tribulatione eorum inmaculatum se custodire ab hoc saeculo.

As she finished the passage her eyes dried. Her heart had been struck like never it had been before while reading a passage. If there ever was one who 'lacked wisdom', she felt it was her. She resolved to ask again... as she had done thousands of times in her life... but she felt perhaps this time... for the first time... she could do so without wavering. To truly seek the counsel of Kharsis, and resolve to follow through... to be a doer of the word.

With a renewed sense of strength and faith, she withdrew her rosary and kneeled properly in the silent chamber of her residence... and poured out her whole soul to her Goddess.

----

Lore: Theology-76

Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai

DescriptionTheme

Post subject: Re: ...Or if You're Even There? (D9, EN Belle's)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:24 pm 

Immediately, nothing happened. But a bit later, after pious euphoria subsided a little, an apple flew through her window and plopped on her bed.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:26 pm 

Bellena looked over to her bed, walked up to it and picked up the apple before going to the window and looking down.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:52 pm 

A certain anonymous champion of a transcontinental minor clan recognisable mostly by his slightly dishevelled though maybe stylish mane was actually on horseback, and looking up.

"I saw the light in the window."

Don Salvador de Muxaqui | Saaji ibn Mouhaqq al-Hattar | Jing Xiyuan | Sanzayun

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:54 pm 

She smiled and leaned on the windowsill, “You saw a light on from Mohan’s apothecary?”

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:04 pm 

"Clearly. Or from Torre Oriental. I just saw it from somewhere." He nodded sagely. "You know I have good eyes. So, feeling for a night ride, Bella?"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:07 pm 

She chuckled and nodded, “I’ll be right down.”

She disappeared from the window and found her way down to his side.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:19 pm 

He bent almost perpendicularly to the side to swoop her from the ground and onto the saddle. A breathless 'oof' escaped him on the acrobatics, but he made it so that she would feel comfortable.

"The spiders are roaming in the north, so let's ride for the other bank."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:01 am 

She wrapped her arms around him tightly and nodded, “Wherever you would like to take me.

She sat quietly on the back of the horse not letting him know how much she needed him verbally, but her heart yearned for his strength as she pulled in close to his back.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:00 pm 

"I might now a place." He rode off toward a wooden bridge on Puahu roughly midway through La Finca. There he stopped, so he could turn in the saddle and kiss her face, letting her find his lips if she wanted. "It's good to have you near, Bella. I hate my daily routines for having too little of you." He didn't truly know why he considered this mid-bridge thing under the moon very romantic, karmic even.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:30 am 

She leaned up to kiss him as well and smiled warmly, "Hopefully things won't always be this busy."

She looked up at the moon, and her eyes moved to a faint red star that moved across the sky slowly under it. She pointed over his shoulder and said, "There's the Ruby of La Cuenca..."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:46 am 

"No, here she is." He protested, nuzzling slightly at the side of her head, then looked up. "I wonder where Lady Sadahako is. I might need her somewhere there for something down here."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:52 am 

"What is it you need her for mi amor?" She said with a smile.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:39 am 

"To bless my actions, of course." He looked at her mysteriously.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:46 am 

She smiled and squeezed his side, "Which ones mi amor?"

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:26 pm 

"The ones that are now." He reached for something to his pocket, turning more toward her, his eyes on her emeralds. "Marry me, Bella."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:56 pm 

Looks of surprise, shock, and elation each took their turns rushing across Bellena’s face. Her voice stuck in her throat as she struggled to find words. Her mind kicked and spun as her heart attempted to leap out of her chest with excitement. The first words she could manage were, “Are you sure? I’m a... And you’re the...

Her eyes met his as her query met his ears. Her heart pressed her to say, yes... but as it had for years, her mind pressed on her to respect his great future. If he made their futures one though, her mind would lose the last lingering justification which prevented her from wearing his ring...

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:08 pm 

"Since our wedding will be before Fortunes I thought I should at least propose like a Kharsite." He smirked, hiding his own agitation behind the carefree expression. "If I learned a thing from Lord Muhaki is that giving love a chance may not be the wisest option but creates uncharted destinies." He glanced briefly toward Mount Kappa. "And I want an uncharted destiny for both of us." He pressed his forehead against hers. "So now tell me, Bella, that thing you fumbled on, was it a yes?"

The ring waiting in his palm was an emerald tortoise shell in a wreath of diamond chrysanthemum petals.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:44 pm 

A smile creeped onto her lips as he spoke, each word tearing down the last of her crumbling walls of apprehension. As he opened his palm her smile turned to sudden surprise at the costly thing presented to her. But her eyes soon welled with tears of joy and her smile came bursting through as she nodded her head with conviction and threw her arms around his neck.

Yes!

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:07 pm 

A loving kiss followed, because how could it not? On a neighing horse trotting in place, atop a bridge across a mysterious river, in the middle of the night with an rounding belly of the Moon above them amid countless stars, on a lone island, in the middle of nowhere, in the middle of everywhere.

"So now, to accrue good fortune, you need to rub my back a lot. Because you've just made me the luckiest bastard of a tortoise on both sides of the this ocean." He chuckled softly, nuzzling around her lips waiting for her breath to return a bit.

Page 1 of 4 [ 80 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next