Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:42 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




 Page 2 of 4 [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: ...Or if You're Even There? (D9, EN Belle's)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:27 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:22 pm
Posts: 1687
She smiled warmly as their lips broke, "I don't think I could keep my hands off of you even if I wanted to."

She let herself catch a few breaths as she looked deep into his eyes, "So what Ran said was true... Well, if you're going to be a bastard, may as well be the bastard of a Hantei and a Fortune, right?"

She kissed him gently again and then smirked, "Well at least you know I loved you when I thought your dad was Zazu."



_________________
Tortoise Clan • Scholar-Sage • Linguist • Astronomer • 'Unparalleled Intellect' • Foreign Heritage • Gaijin Name • Advisor
Faith: What is Expected - Reputation: 2.4 - Status: 3.0
Carries/Owns: Rapier, Pistol, Telescope
Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai


DescriptionTheme
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ...Or if You're Even There? (D9, EN Belle's)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:35 am 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:24 pm
Posts: 142
"A bastard of a Hantei and a Fortune. Heh, I've never thought about it this way. Perhaps because I've got used to and have grown to like several of my false names, those ruses needed to keep the game going. My Unicorn friends would probably be unhappy to learn I share no blood with the Ide." He bit his lip at a pinch of anxiety, but shook it off and smiled brightly, looking at the ring he had put on her finger. "But that's ever been the promise of the Tortoise, to align more by tasks and lifestyles than by ancestry. Like with Ran, she hasn't been one of us even two months but she's as ours as she could ever be. Maybe that's why being called Zazu's son didn't feel that bad, and considering myself sharing blood with Jama feels odd. What am I to him, venerable great-granduncle?" He couldn't suppress a chortle. "I am inviting you to a strange family, Bella. I hope you can bear with my haughty cousins."



_________________
Tortoise Clan Champion | Commodore | Merchant Prince | Cosmopolitan | Friend of Kings & Khans | Spoken for
Status: 7.5 | Glory: 3 | Reputation: 5 | Honour: Expected


Don Salvador de Muxaqui | Saaji ibn Mouhaqq al-Hattar | Jing Xiyuan | Sanzayun
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ...Or if You're Even There? (D9, EN Belle's)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:03 am 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:22 pm
Posts: 1687
She chuckled as well, "I've never been too hung up on pedigree, but if not a Merenaese princess to be a wife to be suitable for such a 'haughty family', then who is well-suited?"

She smiled as she admired her ring, "I bring my own family problems into this relationship. Brother in prison... and I learned today that my grandfather was a conspirator against the Merenaese King 50 years ago. He tried to marry Jama's father off to one of my cousins and take over the kingdom."

She looked up to him, "So I bring my own bag of family issues... On top of the fact that I can be generally insufferable on frequent occasion. Are you sure you're ready?"

She smiled teasingly before leaning into kiss him passionately.



_________________
Tortoise Clan • Scholar-Sage • Linguist • Astronomer • 'Unparalleled Intellect' • Foreign Heritage • Gaijin Name • Advisor
Faith: What is Expected - Reputation: 2.4 - Status: 3.0
Carries/Owns: Rapier, Pistol, Telescope
Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai


DescriptionTheme
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ...Or if You're Even There? (D9, EN Belle's)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:39 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:58 am
Posts: 3770
"You taste like trouble, Bella, but I'd have it no other way. I know I'm a lot of trouble too."

He fell for the tease, firmly pulling her from the back to the front, laughing a little when they were having a little trouble finding the right way to make her comfortable in the new position.

"Cornejos have blazed the trail for us. I guess we cannot get any more complicated than them, but we're also still part of their story in more ways than one. I want to set my prospective brother-in-law free, but would that not make us the new Xantellados?"



_________________
Head GM ✿ Floating Lotus ✿ Gunslinger ✿ Merciful ✿ Experienced 2
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ...Or if You're Even There? (D9, EN Belle's)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:23 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:22 pm
Posts: 1687
She chuckled, “I’m not sure what you’ve worked out with Jama, but I’m not sure I’d like to be a part of putting any Xantei-Cornejo scion on that throne at this moment in time.

She tried to pull herself in close to find a more comfortable position, “But are we going to sit here and talk politics? I can think of better ways to celebrate our love.



_________________
Tortoise Clan • Scholar-Sage • Linguist • Astronomer • 'Unparalleled Intellect' • Foreign Heritage • Gaijin Name • Advisor
Faith: What is Expected - Reputation: 2.4 - Status: 3.0
Carries/Owns: Rapier, Pistol, Telescope
Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai


DescriptionTheme
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ...Or if You're Even There? (D9, EN Belle's)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:42 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:58 am
Posts: 3770
"I'm glad you mentioned celebrating our love. It could hardly leave my mind."

He gave his steed the spurs even as he leaned in to kiss her.

"Off with politics tonight."

Soon gone was the bridge as they galloped into the night along a country road amid the wheat fields, risking some more kisses on the way. The old mill started looming on the horizon and while there was a dim light inside it they somehow failed to notice it. It was the sudden sharp voice that intruded on their amorous mood as they were dismounting.

Image

"You shall go no further."

The cloaked man recognisable as Shiba Suru, Jama's yojimbo, walked out of the shadows.



_________________
Head GM ✿ Floating Lotus ✿ Gunslinger ✿ Merciful ✿ Experienced 2
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ...Or if You're Even There? (D9, EN Belle's)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:45 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:02 am
Posts: 294
"I hear a horse approaching." Ban leaned back from a long kiss, and pulled away, standing up. He decided to err on the side of caution and pulled Ruqqayah up as well, looking around for their clothes.



_________________
Imperial Heir | Second Son of Hantei IX | Admiral of the Imperial Explorers | Overseer of the Colleges | Regal | Clever | Progressive
Status: 9.5 | Glory: 8 | Honour: Exceptional

"The great questions of the day will not be decided by courtly discussions or pious prayers to the Heavens, but by blood and iron."
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ...Or if You're Even There? (D9, EN Belle's)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:50 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:22 pm
Posts: 1687
Bellena looked at the bodyguard of the prince with a bit of surprise as she held on tightly to Saionji's waist. Suru being here meant that Jama was not far.



_________________
Tortoise Clan • Scholar-Sage • Linguist • Astronomer • 'Unparalleled Intellect' • Foreign Heritage • Gaijin Name • Advisor
Faith: What is Expected - Reputation: 2.4 - Status: 3.0
Carries/Owns: Rapier, Pistol, Telescope
Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai


DescriptionTheme
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ...Or if You're Even There? (D9, EN Belle's)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:57 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:12 am
Posts: 622
Even if he hadn't, Ruqqayah would have risen quickly herself. Locating the aforementioned items, she passed his to him and quickly pulled her dress on over her head, tying her sash around it. At least her clothing made dressing quick, something she thanked her lucky stars for in that moment.

Her hands go to her hair after a moment. Oh no, she hadn't worn her scarf here. Well, of course she hadn't, but...



_________________
"Promising Theologian"
Unicorn Clan • Sahir • Heiress • Researcher • Foreign Heritage • Gaijin Name • Ex-Twin • Filled With Determination
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 2.2 - Status: 4.0
Carries/Owns: Wakizashi, Tanto, Musket, Fan
Speaks: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, Ujik-hai, Senpet
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ...Or if You're Even There? (D9, EN Belle's)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:59 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:24 pm
Posts: 142
Usually conciliatory, something about the man and the situation triggered Saionji's assertive side.

"You won't be telling the Tortoise Champion where he can or cannot move on this island. You have a chance to explain yourself."

He gestured for Bellena to remain by the horse as he move forth, frowning.



_________________
Tortoise Clan Champion | Commodore | Merchant Prince | Cosmopolitan | Friend of Kings & Khans | Spoken for
Status: 7.5 | Glory: 3 | Reputation: 5 | Honour: Expected


Don Salvador de Muxaqui | Saaji ibn Mouhaqq al-Hattar | Jing Xiyuan | Sanzayun
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ...Or if You're Even There? (D9, EN Belle's)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:08 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:22 pm
Posts: 1687
Bellena held the reins of the horse as she watched Saionji move forward.



_________________
Tortoise Clan • Scholar-Sage • Linguist • Astronomer • 'Unparalleled Intellect' • Foreign Heritage • Gaijin Name • Advisor
Faith: What is Expected - Reputation: 2.4 - Status: 3.0
Carries/Owns: Rapier, Pistol, Telescope
Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai


DescriptionTheme
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ...Or if You're Even There? (D9, EN Belle's)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:13 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:02 am
Posts: 294
Ban was quick to dress as well, and had less problem with tying his hair in the knot. He noticed her issue with the lack of scarf. "Stay here, I'll check what this is." With a frown, he stepped out of their room. His steps could be heard on the stairs.



_________________
Imperial Heir | Second Son of Hantei IX | Admiral of the Imperial Explorers | Overseer of the Colleges | Regal | Clever | Progressive
Status: 9.5 | Glory: 8 | Honour: Exceptional

"The great questions of the day will not be decided by courtly discussions or pious prayers to the Heavens, but by blood and iron."
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ...Or if You're Even There? (D9, EN Belle's)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:25 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:12 am
Posts: 622
She nodded. She would... For now, anyway. In the meantime, she braided her hair, folding it over on itself. She could at least have it up. Once that was done, she looked out the window to see what was going on from a bird's eye view.

"Lella Bell'eza...?" She murmured softly to herself.



_________________
"Promising Theologian"
Unicorn Clan • Sahir • Heiress • Researcher • Foreign Heritage • Gaijin Name • Ex-Twin • Filled With Determination
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 2.2 - Status: 4.0
Carries/Owns: Wakizashi, Tanto, Musket, Fan
Speaks: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, Ujik-hai, Senpet
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ...Or if You're Even There? (D9, EN Belle's)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:33 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:58 am
Posts: 3770
Suru was adamant.

"I don't know the details of your authority here, Muhaki-ue, but you should know that I answer to a greater one, so what I know is that you shall go no further."

Image



_________________
Head GM ✿ Floating Lotus ✿ Gunslinger ✿ Merciful ✿ Experienced 2
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ...Or if You're Even There? (D9, EN Belle's)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:43 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:24 pm
Posts: 142
Saionji's gaze went to the light visible in one of the windows on the second story of the mill, then back at Suru, his gaze staying on his kabuto. He had a turtle's patience.

"I won't be locking horns with you, Shiba-san. Whatever my authority here, it's enough to request of you to tell Hantei-no-kimi that I wish to speak with him."



_________________
Tortoise Clan Champion | Commodore | Merchant Prince | Cosmopolitan | Friend of Kings & Khans | Spoken for
Status: 7.5 | Glory: 3 | Reputation: 5 | Honour: Expected


Don Salvador de Muxaqui | Saaji ibn Mouhaqq al-Hattar | Jing Xiyuan | Sanzayun
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ...Or if You're Even There? (D9, EN Belle's)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:45 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:22 pm
Posts: 1687
Bellena looked up to see the movement at the door as Jama came out. Suru had prepared her for that revelation, but when Ruqqayah's face popped up in the window beside the door, Bellena was hit with a wave of surprise. "Ruqqayah...?"



_________________
Tortoise Clan • Scholar-Sage • Linguist • Astronomer • 'Unparalleled Intellect' • Foreign Heritage • Gaijin Name • Advisor
Faith: What is Expected - Reputation: 2.4 - Status: 3.0
Carries/Owns: Rapier, Pistol, Telescope
Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai


DescriptionTheme
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ...Or if You're Even There? (D9, EN Belle's)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:47 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:02 am
Posts: 294
Suru was about to say something but Jama himself stepped out. His demeanour was... ominous.

"What is this that you wish to speak with me about, Muhaki-san, on this unappointed disturbance?"

He gave Bellena, and her hand, a passive glance.



_________________
Imperial Heir | Second Son of Hantei IX | Admiral of the Imperial Explorers | Overseer of the Colleges | Regal | Clever | Progressive
Status: 9.5 | Glory: 8 | Honour: Exceptional

"The great questions of the day will not be decided by courtly discussions or pious prayers to the Heavens, but by blood and iron."
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ...Or if You're Even There? (D9, EN Belle's)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:08 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:24 pm
Posts: 142
Saionji bowed with some reverence when Jama entered the stage.

"Good evening, Hantei-no-kimi. I was not expecting to meet you here. It is as you say, it's quite unappointed and disturbing a meeting. As you can guess I could ask about many things in these peculiar circumstances which could lead to changing those circumstances into awkward or even challenging, but I'll ask just one: should I be assuming that you've officially claimed this old mill for the Imperial Explorers?"



_________________
Tortoise Clan Champion | Commodore | Merchant Prince | Cosmopolitan | Friend of Kings & Khans | Spoken for
Status: 7.5 | Glory: 3 | Reputation: 5 | Honour: Expected


Don Salvador de Muxaqui | Saaji ibn Mouhaqq al-Hattar | Jing Xiyuan | Sanzayun
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ...Or if You're Even There? (D9, EN Belle's)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:02 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:12 am
Posts: 622
Well, it was hard to avoid it now. Ruqqayah raised a few hand silently and slightly awkwardly to Bellena before sliding back out of the frame of the upstairs window. She took one of the sheets from the bed and wrapped it quickly over her hair. It wasn't much, but it was something if she ended up having to come downstairs.



_________________
"Promising Theologian"
Unicorn Clan • Sahir • Heiress • Researcher • Foreign Heritage • Gaijin Name • Ex-Twin • Filled With Determination
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 2.2 - Status: 4.0
Carries/Owns: Wakizashi, Tanto, Musket, Fan
Speaks: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, Ujik-hai, Senpet
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ...Or if You're Even There? (D9, EN Belle's)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:11 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:22 pm
Posts: 1687
Bellena looked to Jama then to Ruqqayah just as she disappeared from view, then back to Jama and Saionji.

Don’t push too much Saionji... She thought as she stroked the horse’s neck.



_________________
Tortoise Clan • Scholar-Sage • Linguist • Astronomer • 'Unparalleled Intellect' • Foreign Heritage • Gaijin Name • Advisor
Faith: What is Expected - Reputation: 2.4 - Status: 3.0
Carries/Owns: Rapier, Pistol, Telescope
Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai


DescriptionTheme
Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
 Page 2 of 4 [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

cron
phpBB skin developed by: phpBB Headquarters
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group