Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:29 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 3 of 5 [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: Re: Inukai-san (D4 LM)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:14 am 

Edogawa immediately, if slowly, moved to Kaiya, handing her the bottle of water. "We've been rescued."

Looking back to Susumu, he said, "He's still around. He'll likely try to disappear now that he's away from Rokugan. Now that I think of it, He's the one who was only here once. I returned after White Stag and again a few times after that."

Carries: Wakizashi, Rapier, Tools
Speaks: Rokugani, Merenaese, Thranish, Sign
Accompanied By: Nari

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:56 pm 

''I see'' He gave a nod before turning to Kaiya

''All in one piece Kaiya-san?''

''...he was a paragon of courtesy...''

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):
-always: Double Kama, wakizashi, jade finger
-when appropriate: light armor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:25 pm 

Kaiya nodded, bowing her head at least despite how her body yet ached. With Edogawa's approach she let the coconut fall from her hand without care to where it went and took the water from Edogawa. There were few thing sweeter than water after such a period. Drinking as much as she was able.

Language: Sign, Mekhem
Attendant - Isabella [Merenease, Mekhem]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:32 pm 

He managed to catch one of the coconut halves. He smiled broadly as Kaiya drank deeply.

"Thank you for coming for us, Susumu-san"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:58 pm 

''My pleasure Edo-san.'' he said with a broad smile

''This is likely not the last time, you are getting quite the habit.''

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:05 pm 

"Perhaps." he chuckled. "But, I do hope not. If you need to keep rescuing me from remote beaches, you'll never get anything done. Neither will I."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:48 pm 

''You have indeed much to do'' he glanced towards Kaiya for a second before returning to Edo

There was clearly some intent there

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:19 pm 

Finding a tree to stand beside Kaiya hid some of her weariness against it. Squaring her shoulders and calling attention away from the hand that she leaned on the tree with by fiddling with her torn garments. Following the conversation between the two men she kept to herself for the moment after handing back the bottle.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:34 pm 

He looked around. They seemed to be alone on the cay.

"And, I will begin now, with both of you. Unless something drastically changes, I will not be returning to Rokugan. I intend to build something for myself out here." he explained. "I doubt I will ever master the sea or trade the way Teodoro did, but I will try. The Cornejo line should not have ended the way it did, but it may continue if I can find Pavo and Katarina."

"None of that involves either of you. But, the consequences of my actions could. They already have." Edogawa added. "It would be wise to distance yourselves from me. However, I'm not going to protest if you refuse to do so. I would welcome your assistance from time to time, Susumu-san. And, I do not like being separated from you, Kaiya. Those are not my decisions, though."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:25 pm 

''Trouble brings opportunity'' the mantis replied with a grin

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:11 am 

Kaiya nodded when Edogawa finished, the last note for her. There was undeniably a part of her that felt wounded from the idea of him settling into the idea of never returning but she cast that aside. Had she the same experience she'd likely have looked forward in the same manner. Always trying to push forward, to build over what was already lost.

Susumu's response gained him a glance in his direction but she chose not to look deeper into it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:19 am 

He moved closer to her, offering a smile. "This isn't what you want. I understand. If I can change my standing. If I can find a way to return to you, I will."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:22 am 

Susumu crossed his arms. His eyes narrowed.

Ask her to come with you, Kami darn it

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:31 am 

There was a faint smile on her lips as she offered a slight nod to that. There were other ways, she knew that now. Ways to make things work even if they couldn't be exactly how they were once imagined.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:51 am 

"I wanted to give you everything. I still do." he continued. "But, I don't want to take you from your father's name or your mother's legacy. And, I don't want to provide anyone with new ways to hurt you."

"If you ever decide you want to escape it all, I'll be here and I'll take you wherever you want to go."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:20 am 

Finally!

Susumu had a silent approval for the idea of Kaiya and Edogawa running away together

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:13 am 

Kaiya took Edogawa's hand so that he could feel the resolve, and the fullness to her understanding as she offered a solemn nod. That she could call for him at any time to come whisk her away was quite the amusing thought. Pleasant even. Though there was much in front of her to do, much she knew she had to do. There was a fight in front of her that she wasn't going to shy away from.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:20 am 

He nodded in understanding. "You do what you need to."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:38 am 

Susumu was not sure he understood all that unspoken understanding

Equipment (visible):

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:43 am 

He looked back at the Mantis. "She needs to go back to the Empire. She needs to face her enemies."

Page 3 of 5 [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next