Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:20 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Post subject: Dog 1 - M - Three very squares a day
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:20 pm 

Yargh! Scurvy! (Stamina 3 v. TN10): 3d10o10k3 17

Anzai normally was a man who enjoyed diversity in his meals. The staple rations aboard the Amaterasu's Grace were... mindane at best.

Yet they did deliver sustenance. For the voyage, it was simply eating to live. And he did so with graciousness.

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"
Carries on person: Wakizashi, Tanto, Gaijin clothing

Post subject: Re: Dog 1 - M - Three very squares a day
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:27 pm 

The tuna was gone, but it had kept the crew happy. The cook was skilled at working with the supplies on hand had, regardless, keeping everyone in top form. It wasn't the variety of flavors Edogawa was accustomed to, but it would do.

"What do you think of our voyage so far, Shosuro-san?" he asked as he approached the Scorpion.

- - -
M3, Dog 1, Scurvy, Stamina TN 10, VP +1k1: 3d10o10 19

Carries: Wakizashi, Rapier, Tools
Speaks: Rokugani, Merenaese, Thranish, Sign
Accompanied By: Nari

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:31 pm 

"Near mutiny. Long days. Hard work." He spoke thoughtfully agter he finished his rice. Then a smile graced his lips for just a moment. There was the sheer beauty of the sea at night.

Brief talks with Otsuka in the evening.

"It's everything I dreamed it would be. Hopefully the crew is forgiving of my lack of skill as I learn while doing. Everyone seems in high spirits now. I wouldn't trade this for anything, Miya-sama." He nodded to the Imperial, offering him a seat at the table.

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:50 pm 

He accepted the offer and sat down.

"Much of it you could only learn through practice." he shrugged. "They know that. They faced the same challenges in the past."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:50 pm 

"So, desu ne." He mused as the other man took a seat. "Still, they've been preparing for this voyage for months. Years even. I myself was selected in more of an ambassadorial role." It wasn't said with either a hint of pride or shame, but a true sense of duty. "Yet I feel that perhaps I should have been better prepared. Then again, I wasn't a student of the Naval College." He smiled again, before turning his attention more fully to the First Officer.

"Though keeping morale up seems to be a bit in my purview. The crew is quite jovial off duty, a lot of scuttlebutt beneath decks. Nothing terrible, just the usual crass talk of sailors who haven't gotten very comfortable to each other. It's almost refreshing, from the double talk and dangers of a court setting, to life amongst the crew. But the risks are still there, albeit, in very different forms."

He had some tea brought over, pouring a cup for Edogawa, and then himself. "The display of what happens when one sows dissent strengthened the crew's bonds. And their respect for our Captain, and yourself. The still talk of your tales, Miya-sama."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:03 pm 

"It's a mixture of crews." He accepted the tea with an appreciative nod. "Muhaki-sama transferred some of his own on board. Others have been under my administration. A few are direct servants to Hantei-no-kimi and his advisors. You're right. I took some adversity to meld them all together."

"As for tales." he chuckled. "I may be telling more as we travel. I suspect that the longer we are at sea, the more often that side of me will surface."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:38 pm 

"It's not a bad side of you at all, Miya-sama." He chuckled with Edogawa. He indicated towards all the crew. "As I said, it brings the crew together. That itself is important. Imagine rhe stories they will tell their grandchildren about this voyage."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:52 pm 

"Seamen will always tell tales." he nodded. "Most will be exaggerated and made dramatic and exciting. I think some of mine might be a bit too fanciful. I hardly believe what I'm saying myself."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:29 am 

"They're your stories. If you only hardly believe them, they wouldn't be as inspiring. So I think you believe them more than you think you do." He raised an eyebrow behind his mask, watching the Imperial.

He was tempted to see if he could have the man reveal more about himself than intended. But something, maybe a sense of camraderie, or the Doom of Bachelor's warning, stopped him.

"Any idea how the Admiral feels about the fleet, post inspection?"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:58 pm 

"In my experience, Hantei-no-kimi rarely shares his thoughts, not without specific purpose." he answered. "Asahina-sama has been positive, however. That is encouraging."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:18 pm 

"Good news, indeed. We could surmise that is the feeling of that office then. Which means we must continue with the crew's efforts." He smiled briefly, holding his tea in hisnhand.

"I can disseminate that tidbit through the rank and file, if you would like. No one would know for certain where the information came from, but the boost to morale would certainly be felt."

It was odd, but not unusual, to use his gifts for the benefit of the whole. It helped keep him swimming, after all.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:29 pm 

"Anything to improve morale is always good, Shosuro-san." he nodded. "The Admiral has already placed his trust in us. It is not inappropriate to suggest that his confidence in us still remains."

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ]