Login FAQ  
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:00 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 2 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: Nurse Agasha Ratched (D4, Late Evening)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:45 pm 

She looked at him with narrowed eyes, as if it wasn't the first time she might have experienced a scorpion's sting, but still uncertain if she should distrust him.

But she was a soul who could sympathize. "... I'm sorry, I didn't know Kakita-san had..." Utsusemi didn't want to say disappeared, or that she had been taken by the storm.

"It's been a tiring day, and voyage, for all of us. Please, don't do it again, Shosuro-san... I am supposed to be chaperoning all of you." She gave out a weary sigh, accepting his apology for now.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:53 pm 

There was a slight hesitation from him. He certainly wasn't honorable, in fact, he knew better than to be. But he also wasn't disrespectful. "Of course, Agasha-sama. I'll behave myself." He wasn't sure if he meant for now, or for ever. But he also didn't stop looking at her. He breathed in deeply, clearing his mind.

"I'll hold out hope. Until it seems it is lost. It's all I can do." He nodded, with a certain fierceness. as if reaffirming himself. He at least knew to separate his duty from his heart. And his heart from reason. Even if he didn't like to do so. "You've been very kind. Thank you."

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"
Carries on person: Wakizashi, Tanto, Gaijin clothing

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:02 pm 

Seeing as she might have overreacted, and she reasoned to herself that he had probably mispoken too because of his pain (both physical and mental), Utsusemi was fine to let the matter drop for now. They were both in unusual circumstances, with a lot of stress and expectation on them.

"... It's alright," she said, her voice calm again, "I understand it must be difficult for you."

She finished closing her medicine kit, but she paused before leaving. "Seeing as it is my responsibility to look after you, and the others, after you have had some rest, we can speak more if you wish... as I am here to offer counsel and guidance to all of you."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:13 pm 

"I would enjoy that, Agasha-sama." He slowly pulled his kimono back up, covering the bandages. Looking to her eyes again, his smile softened to one less full of a Scorpion's venom.

"And I feel I will need your guidance, as well. What ever may come." Then, he easily slipped back to Merenaese.

"Hasta la vista, Dama Agasha. Perhaps tea and Merenaese would be a good combination."

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"
Carries on person: Wakizashi, Tanto, Gaijin clothing

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:33 pm 

"Perhaps..." she agreed cautiously, nodding her head. "... There are others who need medical care. Rest well, Shosuro-san."

With a brief bow, the Agasha left Anzai's bedside to continue to do what she could. Others had been hurt in the storm, some minor, some nearly incapacitating.

---

For Haruka, just getting the roll done
D4 LE Medicine/Int for Haruka. 1 raise. TN 20: 5d10o10k3 25
D4 LE Wounds healed for Haruka. +1k0 from raises: 2d10o10k1 8

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:29 pm 

Part of the duties of a good captain was checking up on his crewmembers especially after something as grave as the storm they had faced. Armed with his smile and warm words, he lifted the morale of those wounded, urging them to get well ready so they could return to making Jama's, and by extension, his, dream come true.

He noticed the Dragon lady as she quickly moved from the side of Anzai, his smile widening at the scene. "Agasha-san," he called, hoping to stop her. "I see broken hearts are not the only thing you mend.

"Nakodo and a medic?" he chuckled. "My, my, you really are a woman of many trades."

He turned momentarily to the Shosuro with the same glowing smile, "so Shosuro-san... how was the swimming lesson? Glad to have you still among the living."

He turned his head back to the woman.

Equipment: Rapier, navigation tools, light armor when applicable

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:12 pm 

"Iie," she corrected the captain, "I am not a nakodo... merely the chaperone."

Utsusemi looked him over briefly as she bowed, giving him the full respect of his station as captain of this vessel.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:18 pm 

"Mmm.. chaperone?" he chuckled. "SUch a voyeuristic position. But I'm thankful that," his smile widened. "Someone as giving and compassionate as Agasha-san is watching over us."

"So," he let a small laugh. "What can you tell me of the injured?"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:03 pm 

She raised an eyebrow, taken aback by his laughter and joking at such a time like this.

"Most are lucky, having escaped with only a heavy beating from the waves - small fractures, cuts, and scrapes. The Amaterasu's Grace seems to have suffered the most in terms of its crew, but at least Hantei-no-kimi is safe."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:47 pm 

"Good," he nodded. "Now they're seasoned. They know that they're not at the Golden Bay in a pleasure barge."

"Boys die and men are born with storms Agasha-san," he smirked. "I've instructed the chef to prepare them a celebratory meal. Coming of age is a worthy occasion wouldn't you say?"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:51 pm 

Not that she could argue the logic that everyone knew now that they were not on pleasure barges, she would have thought most considered that reality during the calm and the attempts at mutiny.

"Are you saying your crew were not adults before nearly dying in a storm, captain?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:57 pm 

He laughed at her 'indignation'. "We can add good listener to your list of many feats," he purred as he appraised her. "You're a mother right Agasha-san? Would you ever stop considering your children as children, no matter how old they are?" he sighed. "It is the same for me. My crew is my children. I care about each and every one of them."

"They are children, yes, but they are my children."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:10 pm 

What was with this ship and its crew of sleazy men? Might be for the best to consider keeping the women away from the Amaterasu's Grace if this was a behaviour enforced and approved of by its captain.

"Ah, I see," she nodded once, then lifted her chin as she looked up at the taller Tortoise - she was tall compared to many Rokugani women, but she did manage to have that natural authority in her posture that a mother often has.

"You might believe so, Muhaki-sama, that these men and women are your children, but I see very little of a mother in you? Had you carried them for nine months below your heart and nursed them through sleepelss nights, then perhaps you would understand, as you would probably be out there on the shores scouring every square of sand to find the ones still missing."

She sighed. "Instead, you are here. Perhaps it is the ship that is your child instead?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:06 pm 

His grin had a feral air to it, certainly aided by the bushy beard that adorned his face. "And refuse Our Lord, Hantei Jama-no-kimi, when he asked me to parlay with the envoys from the Tarkhanate? Perhaps I should have left that to one of you? I am sure Mekhem is common tongue among the crews, or maybe Yobanjin, Ujik-Hai" he raised an eyebrow "You'd quickly see they're not the most patient of hosts. Nor merciful."

He laughed. "But I digress Agasha-san and I am truly thankful for your efforts," he eyed the Scorpion before turning back to her. "As such I believe it is my duty to help you understand this world that has opened your eyes a bit better. I don't need to be a genius to know you are an extremely cultured woman and I would not insult you by pretending you're not."

"Have you heard among the crews the following words," he leaned forward and whispered. "Vengeful Sea?"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:20 pm 

"Aboard the Kunshu Maru it was the name of Kharsis that was spoken the most among some of the sailors that did not offer prayers to kami, capitán, " she replied with a calm tone. Her Mereneaese had a strong Rokugani accent, but she showed a solid understanding of the language... which was impressive if they had known how quickly she had picked up the words.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:31 pm 

"Kharsis," he chortled at the mention of that name, seemingly having forgotten about his question. "Do you know who Kharsis was?"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:35 pm 

Judging by her neutral smile, she might have heard. "Why don't you enlighten me? As you said you were going to 'open my eyes a bit better'. But I believe you were speaking of your Vengeful Sea first... focus on one thing at a time," the mother of dragons chided him in a motherly tone.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:10 am 

He couldn't help but laugh at her reprimand, his annoyance disappearing as fast as it had come. "You really are a mother."

"Well what do you think the Vengeful Sea is?"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:18 am 

"Indeed I am," she confirmed, nodding slightly.

"A deity of the oceans, similar to Suitengu-kami?" Utsusemi shrugged. "Theology is not my area of expertise, I leave that to my husband."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:08 pm 

"Now, now, let's not speak about your husband," he chuckled. "I much prefer to think of you as a young debutante."

"Oh no, not at all," he chuckled. "For many sailors, especially those from Aberri, the Vengeful Sea is the patron of the sea. A strict yet fair Goddess that offers protection and boons to those that honor and serve her, after all, we are the ones intruding in her lands."

"What is dead may never die, but rises again, stronger," he recited the staple prayer of that faith. "A curious faith isn't it?"

Page 2 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next