Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:35 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Nurse Agasha Ratched (D4, Late Evening)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:22 pm 

There were many hurt from the storm, and Utsusemi had been making rounds as more had been brought back to the ships. Today was just looking like it was going to be a tiring day, but the Agasha pressed herself on, applying light makeup to hide the weariness in her face.

Arriving on board the Amaterasu's Grace, she was shown in turn to the ones still in need of medical attention...

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

Post subject: Re: Nurse Agasha Ratched (D4, Late Evening)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:28 pm 

Part of him wanted to keep up the search. Part of him wanted to be out there. But that wasn't his physical part. Everything still hurt, and he had confined himself to the small living area below decks. His eyes half-lidded as he swung in the hammock. At least his cotton kimono had dried out completely. His lucky cricket had made it through the storm unscathed. He had found that quite amusing when he returned to the ship, that it was in the same place he had left it.

Quite the lucky cricket indeed.

His mask, however, was destroyed. Shattered by the storm itself. He would need to procure a new one before returning home. Perhaps something of Merenaese design.

Rolling his neck, he tried to ease his own pain, while slowing the racing of thoughts in his mind.

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"
Carries on person: Wakizashi, Tanto, Gaijin clothing

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:32 pm 

Utsusemi paused for a moment as she tried to recognize the samurai, until it clicked together. It seemed already very long ago. "Please forgive my intrusion, Shosuro-san," she said, her voice calm and pleasing to the ear, as she approached the resting Scorpion.

Already she was looking him over to see what she could do. "Where does it hurt the most?"

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:39 pm 

White hair. It almost hurt to see a woman with white hair again. Still no sign or word of Otsuka. He sat up, hiding the pain as best he could, though he was sure he had winced slightly when he had done so. "Agasha-sama. No need to apologize. I am sorry for the disorderly state I must appear in. It has been a very long day." He bowed his head respectfully to the Dragon, before looking up at her. Had she ever seen him without his mask on? He looked at her as she approached, no longer able to mask the way his eyes viewed her, or any woman. Especially with the vibrant green one.

"I must confess, I can't really say where it hurts the most. It's really a generalized constant thrum of pain. Hurts to breathe, hurts to walk. Hurts to think of what's happened to Kakita-san." It was all said with utmost sincerity.

"Are you alright? Were you washed ashore as well?"

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:47 pm 

She put a hand on his shoulder to ease him back down into the hammock. Her skin had tanned slightly during the journey, but she still looked like a vision of a Crane lady, considering their surroundings and circumstances.

"Relax, try to avoid straining yourself too much."

The white-haired lady smiled lightly. "I am alright, Shosuro-san. The captain of the Kunshu Maru made sure as few as possible of us went overboard in the storm."

Her hand brushed lightly against his revealed skin as she lifted it from his shoulder, but it felt more soothing and comforting than sensual. "I will see what I can do for your injuries. It will most likely hurt as I check for fractures."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:55 pm 

Anzai didn't fight back as he was pushed back into the hammock. "The pain will not concern me, Agasha-sama. And your captain is quite the Captain. He was actually the one who found myself and Doji-sama, this morning. Tell me... did he sing often aboard your vessel?" He raised an eyebrow, before chuckling slightly. He relaxed slightly as her hand moved across him, taking in a deep, slow breath.

It didn't hurt as much, but that may just be his mind playing tricks on him. He watched her features closely, the corners of his lips curling into a smile. "I suppose this is my own doing. I focused on making sure the ship and crew of the Amaterasu's Grace were able to stay afloat. Without the ship or her crew, everything else would have been in vain."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:10 pm 

"He is quite an impressive captain, yes. You'd be surprised how often his singing kept morale up when situations looked bleak."

Her deft fingers, now slightly hardened and calloused by the weather and work of sea voyage, probed his torso to find the cause of his pain. She could tell nothing was broken, at least, which was a good sign considering she could do very little for that in these conditions.

"Really? That is quite selfless of you, Shosuro-san, to have put yourself at risk so to help your fellow men and women. Oh..." she paused, probing a bit harder, "Hm, no, nothing broken, but your heroics seem to have given your ribs quite the beating."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:20 pm 

"I didn't save enough." Thoughts drifted to the storm. To seeing her kimono fall overboard as the waves battered the vessel. Then nothing. He flinched slightly as her fingers probed his torso. Eyes closing slightly as he tried to push the thoughts and the pain from his mind. He wondered what would be thought. A Scorpion acting to save others.

He expected they would think he did it because it benefited him. After all, Scorpions are villains. It was his Duty to be so. "Your fingers are quite skilled, Agasha-sama. To determine that so quickly." He opened his eyes again, looking at her face. The light tan was striking, especially with the white hair.

Why did she have to have white hair? "The Kunshu Maru was lucky to have you aboard."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:31 pm 

"It is not difficult to notice such after a little training. The harder part is to give treatment." She turned her head, gaze looking away from his body and to his face. Her eyes were not the usual Crane-blue, but rather a warm colour of hazel - though as the lantern light reflected in her eyes, there were flecks of blue in them.

"As were the crew of Amaterasu's Grace to have you. I'm sorry, but I will help you undress more on your upper body, so I can treat you... I don't know how much it will help you right now, but I strongly advise you do not stress yourself anymore until you have had a good night's rest, and you should take it easy the next days."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:44 pm 

He couldn't help but see into her eyes. So much could be expressed through them. He was sure his eyes were reflecting his own pain. The loss of Otsuka. The physical pain of being cast ashore. Yet there was something else. He always had that streak. The way he looked at those who he could manipulate. Those he could lust after. Here, though, he focused entirely on her.

There was no protest as she eased the cotton kimono top back. Instead he remained focused on her. The way her skilled hands had worked to examine. The delicate and graceful way she moved. "Of course. I wouldn't do anything against the healer's orders. I would rather rest and be at my best later. Especially once I have to speak with any one amongst the islanders. It wouldn't due for Rokugan to be represented by a less than stellar performance."

She'd find him thin, but hardy. He was tougher than he looked. Sterner. Able to take punishment and pain better than most expected of someone. "I only did my Duty. As one would be expected, Agasha-sama."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:01 pm 

She saw the pain, perhaps because she too felt it, so it was easier to see it in others. But the longer she held his gaze, there was something that unsettled her... perhaps his cursed eye, as she turned her gaze away, back to his beaten body.

Remarkable physical shape for a courtier.

"We will probably find more washed ashore tomorrow or the day after," she remarked, trying not to let her eyes wander too much over his half-dressed state as she began to apply salve to ease the swelling. It was a stark contrast to her warm fingers from before, as it had almost a sensation similar to a cold burn. "But I imagine your duties will probably see you delegated more to the diplomatic front with the locals."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:14 pm 

"Then hope continues to bloom." He grimaced through the application of the salve. Yet it was almost instantly soothing, as well. It was remarkably quiet aboard the flagship. At least for the moment. He did catch the way she turned away. He was used to it, for most of his life. It actually made things easier, sometime. He clenched his hands, then unclenched them, keeping his eyes turned on her. "I imagine so, as well. I don't know which area I will be assigned yet, but I am pushing for the Merenaese holdings. I feel more confident in my tongue there than I do with my Mekhem."

Though he wouldn't deny the opportunity to practice it, either. "What do you expect your duties to take you, Agasha-sama?"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:39 pm 

"I don't know... most likely with those who speak Merenaese, as I do not know this other language. I also have to see to the founding of the temple to Sadahako-kami," she murmured, seeming a little uncertain herself at the moment of where she would end up.

"I will wrap some bandages around, to help keep support of your body so you don't accidentally stress the area too much when you move around."

"Where did you learn to speak... Mekem, you called it?" she asked, as she started to bring out the linen-bandages.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:11 pm 

"Muhaki-taicho. I thought it best to learn the other language of the island. It's only enough to be understood. It will take more time and practice. So perhaps it would be best to be assigned there..." he mused, quietly just for her to hear. So, she could speak Merenaese as well.

"I won't move while you wrap them." He couldn't help himself but to speak with her in that foreign tongue. "It's a musical language, don't you think? Something about the words just flow as you speak."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:21 pm 

"... It is," she murmured, seeming a little surprised at the quietness of his voice and change to Merenaese.

Normally it didn't bother her to do this part, but this Scorpion did have a reputation, which was very distinctively on her mind as she leaned in closer as she worked the bandages around his body. By now, most of the ships were used to the minimal amount of fresh water available for baths, but she still seemed to have a pleasant air that clinged to her - scented wood, probably from a chest, that seemed to waft from her clothing.

"It seems to be a language of poet and music. Do you know of their poetry yet?" Her voice lowered too, more out of habit than anything else, as she tried to keep the conversation flowing to avoid awkward silence.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:32 pm 

"Not yet. I'm sure there will be plenty of opportunity to learn. I've gathered quite a few of the lewd jokes the men and certain officers aboard this ship have told." He laughed slightly, before taking in her scent. The one benefit of being tossed overboard, he smelled of salt water, the ocean breeze. But hers? He breathed hers in deeply, almost leaning forwards as her hands worked to wrap the linen around his torso.

"The language seems to be built around passions, and from what Don Zabieru informed me, the people are just as passionate. Quick to tempers,
and other... indulgences. He spoke of a street with men ready to engage in a duel for the slightest of insults. Not waiting for champions, either. And the way he handled the bellwether aboard our ship, it seemed be their way of... honor. How one can handle such... passionate people, we will have to see."
It was almost as if he slipped into that reputation so easily, honeyed words spoken so softly.

It put the stress out of his mind. And maybe put his mind off of his pain, emotional and physical, as well.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:46 pm 

Her face flushed with a pink colour... there was just something to his tone and the way he phrased his words.

She finished with a knot on the ends of the bandagas, perhaps a tad forcefully than she needed to.

"Quick tempers? No wonder why their language suits well for barbs and insults as well then, to cut down with just words rather than blades," she breathed deeply as she leaned away, composing herself.

I really have been stuck on a boat too long, with hardly a moment of privacy...

---

D4 LE Medicine/Int for Anzai. +1k1 Void. 2 raises. TN 25: 6d10o10k4 35
D4 LE Wounds healed for Anzai. +2k0 from raises: 3d10o10k1 2

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:10 pm 

He grunted as the knot was tied. Maybe he had pushed it too far. Yet the way her tanned skin flushed, he couldn't help but quirk an eyebrow. His miscolored eyes easily took her in. "But also so suited to pleasantries and gratitude. I thank you, Dama Agasha. It was very pleasant for having you... tending...
to me."
There was a slight smirk as he spoke. Leaning closer again, he didn't bother adjusting the kimono back. It was the white hair, he could almost see her with it. There was something so lovely about her features, her voice.

Just a little temptation (Awareness 4, Temptation 3, Seduction Emphasis, Dangerous Beauty, Benten's Blessing, 2 FR from Bayushi Courtier 1, 1 VP): 9d10ro1o10k6 52 (Using the 2 Free Raises for +5 each, final total 62)

"Should I ever find myself in such a position again, I hope to end up under your delicate fingers again, Agasha-sama." tilting his head slightly as he spoke. Looking about the cabin of the crew quarters. "I would be a very appreciative patient."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:24 pm 

Utsusemi inhaled sharply in response to his words. The Scorpion probably knew his craft well enough to see that he had managed to hook her. Doji girls always did a good job of looking all proper and perfect, but they were often alike defenseless little flowers... something she did seem very much like too.

So what happened next was probably the least Doji-like thing one could expect, as the palm of her connected in a very rough and sudden slap. The Doji-wife looked visibly flustered.

"... I am done here!" her voice breaking a little, she picked up the medicine kit hurriedly, seeming to want to get away as soon as possible before she did something she would regret.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:38 pm 

He seemed to take the slap in stride. Maybe it wasn't the first time he had been slapped, and it certainly wasn't the last time. But a slap from someone of her standing? That was very much out of place. The curl in his lips did not disappear, instead watching her pack up her things. He knew he had gotten beneath her skin.

Etiquette to Smooth Over with Agasha-Sama (Awareness 4, Etiquette 7, 1 VP, 2FR from Bayushi 1, Benten's Blessing): 10d10o10k7 40, using 2FR for static +5s each, final result 50

"You're right. That was improper. I forgot my place." He at least seemed sincere in his apology. Though he was also sincere in his previous actions. "My apologies, Agasha-sama. I just... I don't know if Kakita-san will be found. And you reminded me so much of her." He watched her closely.

Little Truths are better than big ones. He did indeed miss Kakita-san. He truly was hopeful she would be found. And she did remind him so much of her. But he was also someone who enjoyed those little sweet games of tease.

Page 1 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next