Login FAQ  
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:43 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 20 posts ] 

Post subject: [D4-EA] I ... I have failed you (Jama's Cabin, Closed)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:01 am 

Hinami was shaken. What is she doing here? What is her purpose? Clearly she was not needed for this voyage, right? She was the daughter of one of the most powerful men in the Empire, yet some upstart half-breed had the nerve to insult her in the worst and disgusting way she could imagined without fearing any retribution. And she was powerless, useless...

The prince seemed to favour the creature known as Muhaki Zabieru, which means he was considered useful, not her. Hinami could not believe that the prince could make a bad decision, he was a Hantei of course, the Hantei are never wrong. The only conclusion that Hinami could think is that she was a failure, and somehow the prince is punishing her for something she has done. Since her life was fully devoted to the Hantei she could not live thinking that she has failed them.

The young Seppun went to Jama's own cabin, determined to put and end to what she considered an embarrassment and shame to her family's honor. She waited outside the prince's cabin until she was allowed to stand before him. She did not had time to change her clothes to a full junihitoe but with the tropical heat it would be rather pointless and dangerous to do so. She fanned herself.

Languages: Rokugani
Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
Mon: Seppun, Otomo
D13 Theme

Since D6 LA accompanied by Megumi, a Rokugani ronin translator.

Post subject: Re: [D4-EA] I ... I have failed you (Jama's Cabin, Closed)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:04 am 

When she was admitted, Jama was waiting for her, seated.

"Seppun-san."

He acknowledged her without pleasantries. Suru lingered behind his back, ever-watchful.

"The great questions of the day will not be decided by courtly discussions or pious prayers to the Heavens, but by blood and iron."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:18 am 

First she bowed extremely lowly as she entered the room. Then she slowly walked towards the center of the cabin, once there she kneeled and bowed, her forehead touching the floor, in an utmost sign of respect and devotion. She lingered there for quite a while...

Finally without raising her head, she spoke. '' Hantei-denka I'm grateful and honored beyond words to be allowed to be in your presence. I do not wish to waste your most precious time so I will be brief, Hantei-no-kimi.''

a pause.

'' I have failed you, your grace.'' She said, trying to keep her On intact. '' I have failed to live to Hantei's-denka expectations and have brought shame and tarnished my family's honor.''

another pause.

'' I came here to ask permission to clean such horrible stain. I ask permission to be allowed to commit seppuku, Hantei-no-kimi'' She once again lowered her head, her forehead to the floor, waiting for Jama's reply.

Carries: Traditional Clothing, Extravagant Furisode (Usually), Extravagant Jūnihitoe (Very Formal), Wakizashi, Tanto, Calligraphy Set, Personal Chop, Exquisite Jade Pendant
D13 Theme

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:23 am 

"I am inclined to reject your plea for seppuku unless you sufficiently elaborate on the extents of your failure."

Jama replied coolly.

"The great questions of the day will not be decided by courtly discussions or pious prayers to the Heavens, but by blood and iron."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:53 pm 

'' The imperial families exist to serve the Hantei family. Our duty is to keep Hantei's-no-kami legacy and to defend your life and your honor without questions or second thoughts. As a Seppun but also as an Otomo my life is purely devoted to your family cause.'' She began her plead, still not looking Jama directly to the eyes.

'' Yet I have failed to live to what is expected from me in this era. Hantei-denka has, in all his wisdom, surrounded himself with samurai prepared for this journey, who speak gaijin languages, or that have extensive knowledge of ships or other trades, like that...that man... Muhaki Zabieru.''

''But I can't see how someone like me can serve you, Hantei-denka. My lack of knowledge and preparedness for this voyage is evident, I failed to become one of your officers and now people like... Muhaki Zabieru... has Hantei's-denka favour and approval. I have failed to achieve your level of expectations thus I ask your permission to be allowed to perform the three cuts and clear the shame and failure that I have brought to my family.'' She finished and waited for Jama's reply.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:49 pm 

"If you are failing me, Seppun-san, it is now, just as I see you questioning my judgement about you and others." Jama responded in a harder tone.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:24 pm 

Hinami lowered herself even more after Jama's reply.

'' Hantei-no-kimi, I could not posibly question your judgment about others or about any other thing in this world. You are a Hantei, as such, your judgment is absolute and perfect. Since your wisdom comes from your divine blood and from the Heavens then I cannot dare to think that you are wrong. The only conclusion I could think is that I'm not fulfilling my duties to yourself and your family...''

a pause.

''...but it would appear that I have also failed and misjudged my part in all of this. '' She bites her lips in desperation. '' I'm blind, Hantei-no-kimi. I cannot see beyond my two treacherous eyes...''

another pause.

'' Please, show me how can I serve you, my prince. Forgive me but I must, selfishly, beg that you bestow some of your infinite wisdom to me. Guide this meager servant of yours and I will rise from this pathetic state and i will serve you to my best of capacities and even more...please Hantei-no-kimi... show me the path that you have thought for this lowly soul of mine'' She closed her eyes waiting for Jama's judgment.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:32 pm 

Jama frowned.

"Who watches the watchers, Seppun-san?"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:34 pm 

'' The Department of Oversight, Hantei-no-kimi '' She answered but did not add anything else. Hinami didn't rise her head.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:36 pm 

"Why would it change here? Are the individual Imperial Explorers not at an event greater risk of deviating from their loyalty and duty to the Throne?"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:45 pm 

'' Hai, the risk of contamination, corruption and sedition against the throne could be even greater as samurai are influenced by gaijin and foreign powers, Hantei-no-kimi'' She replied.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:20 am 

"And, by extension, of betrayal. I want to know who is about to betray me before they do, Seppun-san."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:24 pm 

Who could be so stupid and blasphemous to dare to betray the Hantei? She thought. Hinami knows a bit of history, and by training she is an Otomo, she knows that the clans are treacherous by nature. No, treachery is always there...

'' Hai, treachery to the throne must be eliminated out before it spreads, Hantei-denka.''

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:37 pm 

He nodded.

"I will forget your moment of anxiety once I start receiving relevant reports."

The scion paused, gracing her with his gaze.

"Admit whether there is something you lack comprehension of or endowment with that would otherwise be crucial for the effective execution of the task at hand."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:59 pm 

Hinami was both awed and intimidated by Jama's intense gaze.

'' I believe, the only thing that I lack is the knowledge of gaijin languages. That skill could be crucial to root out corruption and sedition around this strange island, Hantei-denka. But other than that, I have all the skills necessary to fulfill your wishes, my prince.'' She replied with honesty.

'' But don't worry, Hantei-no-kimi. I will see that no sedition to the throne spreads through your people.'' She adds.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:25 pm 

"You can be arranged a translator so there is no further excuse."

He looked away.

[Hinami can obtain Servant: Translator (Lore: Linguistics (Merenaese) 3) for either 3XP less or she can obtain Letter of Authorisation for the same temporary effect free of cost; either option costs 2 Duty Points.]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:31 pm 

'' It will be done, Hantei-no-kimi'' She lowered her head once more.

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:51 pm 

"I believe this audience is over, Seppun-san."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:00 pm 

'' Hai. It is a great honor that you shared your time and wisdom with me, Hantei-no-kimi. May the blessings of the Heavens continue to shine upon you, my prince.'' She bowed again, forehead touching the floor. She stood up bowed again, very low, then took two steps backwards and then walked away.

Once she exited the room, Hinami's On was just about to collapse entirely. She decided to go and search for her sister and finally see if everything was alright with her.

/Exit

D13 Theme

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:03 pm 

/Scene

Page 1 of 1 [ 20 posts ]