Login FAQ  
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:54 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Crab delivery (D7EE)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:08 am 

She wasn't sure exactly where Kenzo, Susumu and Yasuhiro had hurried off to after they arrived back to shore, but Suihime was annoyed. The captain should do this, surely?

Not that Susumu is acting like a competant captain she internally fumed as she lead Kaiya and this new Hiruma onto the Amaterasu's Grace. She also had a message sent to Seppun Hikari.

However, she sent someone to inform Yajinden that they had an unusual situation. She wanted to go straight to Jama, but he was extremely busy - and Yajinden would know best if this was worthy enough to get his attention.

Imperial * Captain of the Ashitae Maru * Courtier *Imperial Explorer * Herald * Jama's Retainer * Bookworm * Jinn-Touched * Prolific Pundit on Gaijin Affairs * Gaijin-curious * Princess of the Imperial Navy * Profile
Status: 4.0 | Glory 7.8 | Honour/Faith Exceptional | Reputation 1.3

Languages: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, ???

Post subject: Re: Crab delivery (D7EE)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:53 pm 

And Yajinden would oblige, arranging for a meeting soon enough. Surprise in seeing Motegi registered barely at the Crane's face, but it retrenched into a full on at the huff from the Crab.

"Why did you bring me to a patsy Crane, Miya-sama?" Motegi inquired.

Yajinden narrowed his eyes ever so slightly but did not intercede just yet.

"The roots of evil don't rest in Jigoku, but within the hearts of men."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:59 pm 

Suihime managed to keep her On at that, keeping her agreement or disagreement in check as she bowed deeply to Yajinden.

"Asahina-sama, may I present Hiruma Motegi." She turned to Motegi "Hiruma-san, this is Asahina Yajinden, Quartermaster of the Imperial Explorers and personal advisor to Hantei Jama-denka."

She turned back to Yajinden.

"Asahina-sama, I have a...rather hard to believe tale to bring you. We have discovered a living island, on the back of a giant turtle, on which we found Hiruma-san who had come here accidentally through some sort of portal from the Kitsune Mori."

Imperial * Captain of the Ashitae Maru * Courtier *Imperial Explorer * Herald * Jama's Retainer * Bookworm * Jinn-Touched * Prolific Pundit on Gaijin Affairs * Gaijin-curious * Princess of the Imperial Navy * Profile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:37 pm 

"Is that so? Hmm. That the man here is a Crab is rather undeniable, a great surprise in itself, so I am willing to award some believability to what you're saying, Miya-sama. The circumstances must have been odd for him to emerge here either way, unless he had lived a life of a rat in the bilge of one of our vessels and chose to crawl out just now." Yajinden said calmly.

"Hey!" Motegi frowned and his fists clenched.

[Awareness/Etiquette (Conversation) vs. TN25 to diffuse the tense atmosphere.]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:12 pm 

"Mina-sama" Suihime said calmly, stepping inbetween the men "we are a very long way from home, and there are far more pressing issues to discuss. Please can we remain calm and civil?"

D7 EE etiquette/aw+IEtech+void - TN25: 8d10o10k4 35

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:35 pm 

Hikari arrived at just that moment, uncertain as to the reason she was being called out but a little annoyed that she'd been called away from her important research. Regardless, her expression was one of uncaring obliviousness, not taking note of any lingering tenseness.

"Good evening," she gave a light bow. "Someone care to fill me in?"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:20 pm 

Much more than Seppun Kaiya being present could not be said as of yet, but the woman and her companion Sakia were of course present.

Language: Sign, Mekhem
Attendant - Isabella [Merenease, Mekhem]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:29 pm 

Yajinden rolled his eyes a bit.

"I suppose I am civil enough, Miya-san. Please, bring Seppun-san up to speed."

Motegi scoffed.

"Why are there only ladies here?" But that allowed him to vent and he did shut up.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:37 pm 

"Ah, Seppun-san" Suihime bowed to the woman "good timing. Hiruma Motegi-san, this is Seppun Hikari, Jade Magistrate. Seppun-san, this is Hiruma Motegi-san, who is our sudden unexpected guest. As I just explained to Asahina-sama, we have discovered a living island, on the back of a giant turtle, on which we found Hiruma-san who had come here accidentally through some sort of portal from the Kitsune Mori. He says he arrived at the island two years ago. It was a...quite unexpected and rather amazing discovery. However, the discoveries did not stop there."

She paused, considering how to word the next part.

"We discovered on the back of the turtle island, a grave to a Thranish person. We've been unable to identify who it was quite yet. Upon inspection of the grave however...it appears that whoever was in the grave...." she took a moment, before quietly saying "has managed to escape from it."

She went silent at that, allowing the others to make of that what they would.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:06 am 

A living island, on the back of a giant turtle.

Right.

If it was not coming from the mouth that it did, in the presence of those gathered, she probably would've turned around and walked out. Still, at this point little would surprise her. And of course the fortunes decided that throwing more work onto her was entirely appropriate. So presently she had the case of a vampire who might have been brought along to the island. A massive sakkaku infestation because she turned down the advances of a shapeshifting demon cat. And now the walking thranish dead.

She sighed.

"Of course it did."

She turned to look at the Crab at that point.

"And you fit into the matter with the grave, how? Coincidence?"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:10 am 

"I found it when living on the turtle." Motegi shrugged. "The shell wasn't big and it was the only landmark really." He looked at Hikari with interest. "Can you contact Kuni Tokaji-ue?"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:43 am 

"In time, perhaps."

She was not fully convinced.

"Tell me more about this grave. I find it difficult to believe its occupant would choose only now to vacate the premises."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:52 am 

"It's them who insist it was a grave. For me it was just a strange tablet." Motegi seemed put off by her unenthusiastic reply. "So ask your friends, Seppun-sama?"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:39 am 

"The grave was already empty when we discovered it. Hiruma-san made references to...taint? Then proceeded to bite a part of his Jade necklace off" Suihime offered "and made a mention to strong teeth. None of the others seemed concerned about this though, so perhaps its normal for Jade to be chewy?"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:37 pm 

"You... bit off part of your jade necklace?"

She turned to the Hiruma, watching him very closely.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:57 pm 

"It... chipped off just a little when I was trying out how durable it is." He produced the pendant and pointed to the end of the finger. "No biggie... I think?"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:16 pm 

She frowned. "Hiruma-san, I am certain that you would not mind if I were to... doublecheck everything is in order?"

She turned to the rest of those present. "That is, if those present would feel comfortable with me employing magical means to do so of course. If not we can take this some place more private."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:17 pm 

Suihime shook her head. "I cannot speak for the others, but I summoned you here for exactly this reason Seppun-san."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:41 pm 

Yajinden shrugged with a small smile. Hiruma frowned, stretching his hands to brandish his large chest.

"You want to Jade-strike me, Seppun-sama? Be my guest."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:25 am 

She did not like it when the potential suspect invited such things. It always made her suspect they had some trick to get around it in order to prove their innocence.

"I had something different in mind," she said, and moved to a clear space some distance away from the others. She took some time to carefully inscribe a ward on the floor, and then using one of her scrolls, called upon the kami to act accordingly.

Nodding in satisfaction at the completion of the ritual, Hikari stood back up and straightened her clothes before looking at the Crab.

"If you would please approach, Hiruma-san."

Casting Ward of Purity, +1k0 mastery, 2 raises for no effect, TN25: 7d10o10k4 26
(anyone with at least 1 rank of taint or who are under the influence of the lying darkness approaching within 15' of the ward must make a contested roll of willpower against Hikari, and suffer 6 wounds per turn as they lit up on fire if they stay within that distance)

Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next