Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:03 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Post subject: Always Be Sure to Back Up Your Work [EM13]
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:27 am 

Ringo carries some scrolls with him as he walks through the halls of the Kunshu Maru. He stops before the captain's quarters and gives a polite knock.

Rokugani, Merenae, Mekhem
Carries: Daisho, Finger of Jade, Heavy Armour, Ink Brush Kit, Ono, Pistol

Post subject: Re: Always Be Sure to Back Up Your Work [EM13]
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:41 pm 

"Come in," Keiji's voice called from within.

Inside the captain's quarters, the captain was poring over his navigational charts with drafting instruments, attempting to update the routes to Skull Island and Bighead Island. Although Keiji had the measurements from multiple exploration missions, the route seemed difficult to draw with paper and ink.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:22 am 

Ringo enters and offers Keiji a polite bow. "Ohayo Kitsu-kancho. Have you had your rice today?" He asks after closing the door.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:33 am 

"I am well, Chief Engineer, thank you," Keiji replied, bowing in response. "I'm pleased to see that you were not seriously injured in the battle yesterday. At times, things got a bit dicey. Fortunately, the Admiral's superior leadership carried us through."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:11 am 

Ringo nods. "We certainly did manage to win a major victory. That being said, I believe that some precautions need to be taken for the future."

He hands a number of scrolls over to Keiji. "I made copies of the schematics for the karingo cannons. Should anything happen to me or us in general. The Explorers and the Empire will need this for the future. I made another set of copies and am going to send them back home to the Crab."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:41 am 

Keiji solemnly accepted the scrolls. Unrolling one of them, he glanced over the detailed sketches Ringo had made.

"Excellent work, Chief Engineer," Keiji said approvingly. "After we return to Rokugan, I shall make sure copies of your schematics reach the Imperial Naval Academy and the Akodo War College, to ensure that the Empire is well-prepared in the future... in case these foreigners ever dare to threaten our shores." He carefully rolled the scroll up again - almost reverently - much like a monk might do with a scroll of the Tao.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:57 am 

Ringo nods. "Please do. The Empire needs to be prepared. The copy that I am sending to the Crab will help protect our borders from the influence of the 9th.

Since you mentioned it, are you planning to return to Rokugan soon Kitsu-kancho? Or do you intend to continue on with our journey a bit longer to see where the Prince will take us. It seems apparent now that he has some plan in mind."

He asks as he is curious to not only the future of the captain that he has worked with for so long but also the ship that he has started to get attached to.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:54 pm 

Keiji nodded. "Indeed, Kunshu Maru is bound for Rokugan after the Admiral finishes his business here," the captain confirmed. "After all, someone must bring word of our great victory back to the Empire; and bringing our cannon and your schematics back to be studied by our engineers will be a service to the Empire, as well."

"After that, I'm hopeful that we may maintain a trade route between Dragon's Guard City and Kameyama Jima," Keiji continued. "I believe there would be great benefits to such exchange. But of course this will depend upon the will of the Imperial Admiral."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:24 am 

Ringo nods but seems a little dishearten by the news. "I see. That is most unfortunate then Kitsu-kancho. I was hoping that I would be able to work with you longer."

He looks at the man. "I have decided to continue on with the Imperial Explorers further East to Merenae. I wish to study and improve upon our cannon technology. I do not plan to return back home until I can produce something that is superior to what anyone else may have. I wish for the Empire to have an edge over our potential allies and enemies in the future." He announces his resolve.

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]