Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:37 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 3 of 4 [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: Starry, Starry Night (Rooster 21, Night)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:21 am 

She looked down at her clothes. They weren't particularly revealing given the layers she had on due to the chill. "I suppose so. Though these types of clothes are rather informal. This is for sailing."

Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:26 am 

She nodded, feeling a little silly, considering she should've figured Berena's attire was rather informal, like her own.

"What is more formal dress like for you then? I do not think I have seen it before..."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:16 pm 

She tilted her head, "It's hard to describe I suppose. Far less layers than a kimono. Usually one undergarment, which is tied tightly at the waist. Then a one piece dress that covers from just below the neckline to the feet with and does not open in the front like a kimono. I have a couple back on the island. I could show you once we get there."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:22 pm 

"Hm, it does sound interesting," she listened, genuinly seeming to be fascinated by what Berena was saying. "If it's no imposition, I would like that."

Utsu idly wondered for a few moments how she would look like in such a strange dress... or if it would be appropriate at all.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:24 pm 

"We'll have to dress you up in the trappings of a noble 'gaijin'. I think your beauty would translate well." She said with a slight smile.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:26 pm 

Utsu chuckled a little sheepishly. "You think? I would not look too out of place with my features being the strange ones? White hair and all..."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:29 pm 

She smiled, "There are plenty of Thranish women around with almost platinum white-like blonde hair. That wouldn't be too much of a stretch. The clothing and your facial features will probably be the much bigger indicator of your origin. But fortunately beauty isn't restricted to any one race or people. There'll be plenty of men who find you quite attractive."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:40 pm 

"Ah, well, while that would be flattering, those men will just have to live with the fact that I am not interested," she said with a small laugh. "But I look forward to see what passes for beauty in this place, as I imagine it will probably different from what I am used to. For both men and women alike."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:46 pm 

She nodded, "Quite, and of course tastes vary from person to person. But there are a few standards that are sure not to match."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:23 pm 

"What sort of standards would that be?" she inquired, seeming to be taking mental notes.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:28 pm 

She thought for a moment, "Facial features are somewhat similar I suppose. Soft gentle features are usually most elegant. The main difference would most likely be in an ideal image of the body. Kimono are designed to keep everything straight and ordered, whereas Merenaese clothing often wishes to show off more of a woman's curves. Bigger breasts and hips that are slightly wider than the waist are ideal for most men... Though on the more elite noble levels of fashion there is less of an emphasis on curves per se and more of an emphasis on appearing regal and affluent."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:34 pm 

"Well, the last part of elite nobles wanting to appear regal and affluent seems to hold for both then," she commented with a smirk, even if the ways the elite nobles kept themselves looking like that was different. The intention was still the same.

Pausing for a brief while, Utsu idly wondered how her figure would cut in a dress that was supposed to make her chest and hips seem wider than her waist.

"Good to know I would not have to drastically change my make-up routines at least, with consideration to local trends. Not quite certain yet what to think of this different emphasis on the clothing, but it will be interesting to see nonetheless. As long as it is not as cumbersome as the juni-hitoe, then it is at least in a positive direction... never cared too much for that particular fashion, myself."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:41 pm 

She nodded, "Some noble Thranish women like to wear something called a corset. It's an undergarment that you wrap around your torso to accentuate your curves... tied very tightly in some cases. Some Merenaese will wear them as well... They can be quite restricting... many complain with being unable to breath in them. Beyond that... I don't think I can think of anything quite as cumbersome as Rokugani fashion."

She tilted her head the other way, "Most of the time day-to-day clothing is fairly loose and comfortable. Woman walking around in pants like mine you see me wearing aren't all that common either. It's mostly dresses. We'll have to find you a nice one; lots of wonderful designs."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:48 pm 

"Hah, that does sound like it could be fun. Shame I did not get the chance to return the favour while in Dragon's Guard City, dressing you up in some wonderful furisode of some sort. Though this... ko-set... I don't know, it sounds very silly to not be able to breathe."

Having worn kimono all her life, she didn't find the clothing that restrictive, and she did wear hakama on the ship to give her the freedom of movement such attire could provide.

"I will have to focus on my studies of your language then, to better understand these words. Shall we start tomorrow, when our duties allow for it?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:49 pm 

She nodded. "That'll be fine."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:56 pm 

Utsusemi nodded. "Hai, I look forward to it. Though for now, I think I will get some rest."

"Have a pleasant night, Muhaki-san."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:57 pm 

She nodded a farewell and then fixed her eyes back on the sea and the night sky.

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:14 am 

Ringo seems to be in a chirper mood as he fiddles with some mechanical contraption. He seems to be at ease on the sea. He notices the Tortoise woman and offers her a polite bow. "Konbawa Muhaki-sama. Taking a moment to admire the stars?"

/ Seasickness = 38. 2/3 Passed.

Engineering. 1 CR = 34. Pass. /

Rokugani, Merenae, Mekhem
Carries: Daisho, Finger of Jade, Heavy Armour, Ink Brush Kit, Ono, Pistol

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:34 pm 

She shook her head negatively, "I wouldn't describe it as that Hida-san. They are a navigation chart.... and the means by which I am leading this fleet to its destination."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:03 am 

Ringo nods. "Ah, so you use the stars as markers in order to figure out where we are and where we are going Muhaki-sama?"

He looks up. "Well they still are a wondrous sight to behold. The kind that sparks creativity to be captured in art and song for the ages." He comments.

Rokugani, Merenae, Mekhem
Carries: Daisho, Finger of Jade, Heavy Armour, Ink Brush Kit, Ono, Pistol

Page 3 of 4 [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next