Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:01 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 17 posts ] 

Post subject: Come on baby, light my fire? (D4, Early Evening)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:31 am 

Utsusemi sent message to the Yamato Maru as she returned to the Kunshu Maru herself, asking for Yogo Akarei's assistance with Sanjuro's condition... and to bring Sanjuro's cat with her, if possible. In truth, she didn't know if the cat was still alive after the storm, but she knew the feline was fond of her brother-in-law, and he was fond of the creature too... even if he didn't admit it.

If he doesn't make it... no, he will make it. He has to.

Climbing back on board the ship, she informed the crew to direct Akarei to her part of the ship; when Kenzo had brought Sanjuro onboard, Utsu had given up her space without a moment's hesitation, and she now returned to his side, secretly hoping he had made some miraculous recovery in the time she had been gone.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

Post subject: Re: Come on baby, light my fire? (D4, Early Evening)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:47 am 

The first officer of the Yamato Maru came to the ship as quickly as possible. She had scoured the deck for the cat but had ultimately realized she possessed no knowledge on the feline creatures. She concluded that her crew member was in no condition to move. Why else would they not have brought him to the ship he's stationed on?

"Sorry for being late," she murmured before giving a polite bow. She tapped her fingers against her scroll satchel and gave a nervous smile. "What exactly happened?"

General Theme | Stargazing Theme | Battle Theme

Typically Carries: Robes, Mask, Fan, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Divination Kit, Paper Wards

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:47 pm 

"Yogo-san," there was a breath of relief in her tone, "glad to see you made it through the storm unharmed, and that you could come so quickly."

Utsusemi gestured for Akarei to join her. "Mirumoto-san was looking for survivors after the storm and found Sanjuro-san; unconscious and covered with stings from some sort of local wasp that seems to have potent venom. He brought him back here, hoping I could heal him, but... it's outside of my skills."

Her gaze lowered as she struggled to maintain her On for a moment. "... It's not looking good, Yogo-san. Mirumoto-san has gone to look for a possible cure from the locals, but..."

There were so many ifs and buts and everything was just looking bleak from her point of view.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:45 pm 

"Wasps? I suppose we will need to be careful on the island," she murmured, mostly to herself. She walked up to the man and let out a soft sigh. "I think I will be able to help. I simply hope that the earth kami will hear me out here and on this vessel."

She stretched out her arms and looked to the woman beside her. "I will have to return, then. They appreciate works of labor, shrines constructed from stone and whatnot." The redhead gave a soft shrug. "I would ask for rocks to be fetched for me but that would defeat the purpose."

I should have done it before coming...

Typically Carries: Robes, Mask, Fan, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Divination Kit, Paper Wards

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:54 pm 

Sanjuro's state didn't change much. He was in anaphylactic coma, swollen and pale.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:18 pm 

"I've done what I can for the damages the storm caused him... as well as keeping him hydrated with water and nourished with thin soup, but his condition makes it difficult."

"Anything I can do to assist your communion with the kami, Yogo-san?" Utsusemi asked, showing that willingness to step up for the job that she had the entire journey.

---

An off-screen Medicine to heal Sanjuro's wounds (less Wound penalties, hopefully?)
D4 Medicine/Int for Sanjuro. +1k1 Void. 3 raises. TN 30: 6d10o10k4 41
D4 Wounds healed for Sanjuro. +3k0 from raises: 4d10o10k1 7

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:29 pm 

"No," she stated firmly, "But your offer is, well appreciated." She gave an apologetic bow and hurried out to search for some rocks.

First she started with some pebbles and climbed back onto the ship. She opened up the scroll and recited the prayed to no avail. The priestess sighed and remarked, "I suppose the earth kami thought I was being lazy with this offering." She then left the ship once more to carry a few more, heftier rocks, ones surely grand enough to make an impression.

Still, there was nothing.

"Blasted..."

For the first time in a long while, she dropped her scroll satchel, knife, anything but her wakizashi and clothing before heading back out. She requisitioned some rope and tied a boulder to herself to carry onto the ship. And once she had placed it in the room, she hurried back out to get another one, just to be safe.

By the end of it, she was a sweaty mess, something she hoped would never happen in front of the Agasha. "The Bayushi despise the number three so hopefully it works this time..."

---

D4 EE Jurojin's Balm TN 20, 2 CR for Kami Scarcity: 6d10o10k3 17

D4 EE Jurojin's Balm TN 20, 2 CR for Kami Scarcity Attempt 2: 6d10o10k3 15

D4 EE Jurojin's Balm TN 20, 2 CR for Kami Scarcity Attempt 3 (Void Slot 1): 6d10o10k3 41

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:41 pm 

The first trip with rocks and pebbles surprised her, so the second turn didn't surprise her quite as much... but then Akarei came back with a boulder?! Her On dropped as she looked on with impression and absolute shock. That Akarei was a sweaty mess hardly registered with her, and the show of strength had made her temporarily forget the situation of her brother-in-law.

If the prayer worked, she could not tell, but she offered a piece of cloth and some water to the priestess after she finished intoning the prayer.

"... I... have never seen anything like that... do the kami always request such tasks of you?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:44 pm 

Endowed in the blessings of the kami, Sanjuro moved. He started rocking violently and gasping for air, clawing with his fingers around, muffling some sounds, though it did not look like he would regain consciousness unless he would win this fight. And he would have had his body not been severely weakened by hours spent in water before the sea cast him away. So when the foaming returned he soon ran out of strength and limped again, the movement of his fluttering lids cut like with a knife.

EE4. Bonus Toxin Resistance Roll. VP. WR: +15. TN45.: 6d10o10k4 36

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:39 pm 

She didn't have time to wait for an answer, as something happened. Seeing his body violently fight back against the poison had her paralyzed in fear more than the storm, the ningyo, or the attempted mutiny had.

His body went limp and she broke out of her paralysis, rushing quickly to his side to check his condition. Already she was fearing the worst. "Please, no... don't die..."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:52 pm 

The pulse was there, barely.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:33 am 

"In some instances, the kami are quite understanding if you just invoke them without an offering. A true priestess knows to appease them, however, for they deserve our reverence." She took a deep breath as she wiped the sweat off her brow. "And with them lying dormant, I figured an offering would get their attention."

The redhead then looked to Sanjuro, less concerned than the other woman present. However, her expression was still quite serious. "I admit, I am unsure if the poison is still within his body. Healing is not my specialty."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:42 am 

Utsusemi pressed her lips together as she held back the emotions that nearly washed over her.

"... He's not seeming to improve. Maybe it bought him sometime, I don't know, but his pulse is faint. He..." she breathed deeply, composing herself. "Mirumoto-san and Miya-san went out to look for a cure from one of the locals. I just... I just pray it will be enough."

Please, Kenzo. You've never failed before...

"His body has suffered much from the storm, but there's only so much I can do now."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:54 am 

"It may be the damage to his body has been too much, beyond this poison. Or perhaps the venom is of some strange type that is beyond this prayer." The Yogo sighed and tucked away the scroll back into her satchel. "I am not incredibly skilled in mundane medicine. I can only perform basic sutures and the like."

She gave the white-haired woman a deep bow. "Please forgive me for not doing more, Agasha-sama."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:59 am 

"... There is nothing to apologise for, Yogo-san," she forced a smile, trying not to cast blame and all her worries at the Scorpion. "It's been a long day for all of us... maybe we just need to try again tomorrow."

She wasn't sure if Sanjuro had that long, but she hoped that Kenzo and Edogawa at least would return with something that would buy him more time.

"He's a member of you crew, but... I don't know if it's safe to move him around much more," Utsusemi looked at the unconscious man with obvious concern before looking back to Akarei.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:31 am 

"Maybe there is more I can do. More research." She paused. "Well, my tomes were ruined in the journey, but something else." Akarei shifted her gaze away, a bit superfluous with her mask, though she was still embarrassed. "I would like to be of more help, Agasha-sama."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:35 am 

"Your assistance is greatly appriciated, Yogo-san," she nodded. "Perhaps, when Mirumoto-san comes back, we'll know if Sanjuro-san will be safe, or if there is more we can try."

She looked over the Scorpion, her gaze both concerned and comforting. "You weren't hurt in the storm, were you?"

Theme #5Profile

Page 1 of 1 [ 17 posts ]