Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:59 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 2 of 5 [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: Re: The Rains In Spain (Dog 7, Evening)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:40 am 

"There is some truth to that," she nodded, lowering her eyes for a moment.

"My husband is a friend of Asahina Yajinden-sama, and is part of Hantei Jama-no-kimi's social circle. Though there were some things that required for him to remain at home, so he requested of me to go in his place, as I am familiar with some of his fields of studies." Her lips quirked slightly, somewhere between a frown and a smile. "Some of his students at the college are probably more familiar and knowledgeable than I, but I suppose he had more trust in me instead."

Utsusemi sighed slightly. "Asahina-sama told me my husband had to remain at home because the prince thinks him too important to risk on this expedition, but I am not quite sure if I believe it myself."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:19 am 

Bellena nodded and listened with interest, "Why don't you believe so?"

Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:23 am 

"Well," she tucked a lock of stray hair behind her ear as she straightened her posture slightly, "it just seems odd, seeing as there are so many other prominent figures on the journey. Could be there is something I don't know about, of course, but sometimes things just seem weird without having a clear reason why they do... it is an annoying thing, to just have a gut-feeling..."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:55 am 

Bellena nodded, "Probably something to do with having too many allies of Jama all on the same voyage and away from the center of power. I hear his older brother may ascend the Throne this year... and I hear Jama's friends aren't too excited about that."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:04 am 

She sighed softly. "Politics do make things tricky... and ambition makes it dangerous too."

"I would not think my husband would be foolish enough to get too involved in that particular squabble, considering he is not very fond of court and intrigues, but I won't deny that his future as a scholar and researcher would be suffering greatly under the eldest prince."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:06 am 

She nodded and said in a smaller voice, perhaps more to herself than Utsusemi, "And crafty leaders know how to use desperation to their benefit..."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:13 am 

She could only nod in agreement. Ryuden was arrogant, she knew, and had his ambitions as well, but he did not seem careless or the kind to play dangerous games.

"It seems you have been exposed to some of the uglier sides of the current political climate... it is not a pretty sight."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:26 am 

She tilted her head, "A lot of politics are ugly... it really relies on the quality of men running them to be otherwise."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:30 am 

"Hah, that is true," the Agasha chuckled. "It is probably the same where we are going, and other places too. The hearts of men never changes, I guess?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:32 am 

She smiled and nodded but then slightly tilted her head, "Not all men... fortunately enough."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:35 am 

"True, not all men," she nodded in return.

"A shame we met so soon before the voyage, señorita, I would have been happy to invite you to visit my home before travelling all the way out here."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:36 am 

She smiled and nodded, "You'll just have to settle for coming to my home when we arrive at our first stop. I doubt it is in as good of order as your place... but hopefully it can be a bit of a refuge for you when you need it."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:39 am 

She gave the woman a genuine smile. "That is very kind of you. And if you ever need a touch of Rokugani-flair for your home, well, I am certain I could manage something for you; a scroll to hang on your wall, a painting, or an ikebana-arrangement," Utsusemi chuckled, both sincere and playful at the same time.

"Will you be returning to Rokugan later?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:46 am 

She smiled, "I'm not the type who reads the stars to figure out the distant future mi amiga."

She took a sip of her tea, "Maybe... I've got some things to figure out... This fleet of big ships all showing up at once is sure to upset the normal operations around here. I assume I may be quite busy when we get there... especially with the matter of the Temple to Sadahako to think about."

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:53 am 

"Hm, yes, I can see how reactions might be on the side upset." Understandably, she thought. "My assistance to make things run smoother is of course available, though you probably have a firmer grasp on who to speak with in these circumstances. At least we have some starting point with the temple, with those who came along for the journey."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:10 am 

“Their skills will help... but I brought them for another reason as well... I plan to let them choose their path once we arrive. I hope it won’t be too much of a burden.”

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:11 am 

"Their own path?" Utsusemi raised an eyebrow with interest. "How do you mean?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:19 am 

“I hope to incentivize it enough to get them to stay... but for the past year these people have been forced to work under penalty of death by circumstances they had no control over... and I was told that once this fleet left, it’s possible they and their families would be in danger. Apparently they outlived their usefulness to the Imperials once the boats were done... It was a bit of a scramble to get as many of them as I could on these boats... but the declaration did provide an opportunity... and I don’t intend to treat them as slaves as the Imperials did once we arrive.”

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:23 am 

The Dragon looked noteably saddened by these news. "Fortunes... I didn't know. I'm so sorry to hear that. Had I known before we left, I would have offered whatever help I could muster for them and their families."

She shook her head with dismay. "I feel we would dishonor the memory of Sadahako if we were to treat them so cruelly."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:31 am 

She nodded, “She always was a gracious woman. And never let the origin of a person get between them and her generosity and care. She truly was a lovely woman.”

DescriptionTheme

Page 2 of 5 [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next