Login FAQ  
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:54 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: M.A.S.H. (Medical And Spiritual Healing, LM, D10)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:41 am 

Gusai Susumu wrote:
''The battle...'' he began taking a slow breath ''...was not going well.'' he finally corrected

''We were barely managing to hold them at a stand still when the Carcossa showed up...and even with its help when merely scratched out a minor victory. If our troops had been divided for the final assault, the causualties for the marines and the fleet would have been far higher.''

"I feel like you didn't trust my lead on them, and that you found me unable to manage the troops. It's a mixture of disappointment and self pity. But my anger is not as much with you as it is with the men that were to follow my orders." The wounded samurai had taken the ways of battle without ever having meant to do so. He had taken the exam cause he found it easy and was disappointed that nobody else had been able to pass it the day before. He had never had the intention of picking up a weapon, little less participating in a battle, and merely half year later he had done both. "There is only one motivation that pushes me forward, and that is success. I aim to succeed in all that I do, and this time I was not granted the opportunity to try to do so, despite putting my life on the line."

Carries: Daisho, Pistol, Light Armor, Personal Seal, Pillow Book, Fan, Coin Case, Jade, Parchments and Coal
Languages: Broken Merenaese and Rokugan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:04 am 

''I am sorry I had to do this'' he said ''I know the effort you put in leading these men and I must admit you held your own well for a moment'' after these words the captain began to frown

''But what is the price you are ready to pay for success? Would you have let more of your men die because of ego? I do not believe so...because no good commander would let that happen. Yet more of them would have perished had I not taken them.'' he let out a sigh and sat down on the ground near his clansmate ''I faced a number of significant failures in the recent months, some that I find unjust and filled me with rage so believe me when I say I understand how you feel. We can't change much of it and we can't change who we are...we just need to sail forward until the storm passes.''

''...he was a paragon of courtesy...''

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):
-always: Double Kama, wakizashi, jade finger
-when appropriate: light armor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:08 am 

"I know my limits, captain, I know when success is at a grasp, and when I have to fall back to defend where I stand. I was hoping to do so, when you took control. I understand that it was the best option, since we did win at last, but in my mind defending the stronghold would had allowed us to hold the battle even if we lost one troop, which we eventually did anyway."

His tone had mellowed, he didn't resent his captain as much as he did the Teppodoka. He couldn't see himself among those men, not even as a lower officer, not as they had behaved in the island and in the battle.

"Maybe I aimed too high when I tried being a martial commander, and I should stick to my thing, which is navigating and the sea."

Carries: Daisho, Pistol, Light Armor, Personal Seal, Pillow Book, Fan, Coin Case, Jade, Parchments and Coal

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:45 am 

''You are, indeed, a fantastic navigator'' he said with a smirk

''...he was a paragon of courtesy...''

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):
-always: Double Kama, wakizashi, jade finger
-when appropriate: light armor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:20 pm 

"Thank you", added the samurai, and with those words most of his resentment to his captain, who had taken his time to visit him after he had been lost, who had saved the troops through his stubborn hold of the teppodoka.

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2