Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:37 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Reborn in Fire (EM, D9)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:35 am 

With the sun still rising behind her, the Yamato Maru found its place in Los Muelles de la Tortuga. While the crew secured the moorings, Edogawa walked the deck. In the dim morning light, the strange glow of the planks was still faintly visible. It was the weight of command that felt unusual to him, though. It would take time to adjust. He still had much to learn.

So did the crew. He stopped to show a young sailor how to properly tie off his line. Most of the crew had prior experience, but there were a few who were still learning. Even the seasoned crew were still adjusting to working together and to following their new captain. They would need several more drills to develop into the crew he needed. The Miya watched them all work as he began planning their next voyage.

Carries: Wakizashi, Rapier, Tools
Speaks: Rokugani, Merenaese, Thranish, Sign
Accompanied By: Nari

Post subject: Re: Reborn in Fire (EM, D9)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:17 am 

Two women approached, one instantly recognizable and the other seemed to be a dime a dozen on these foreign streets. Seppun Kaiya lead the way with Isabella walking casually just behind her, both women taking in the sight of the Yamato Maru as they approached albeit Isabella's wide eyes were noticeable from even the ships deck. Approaching the ship the woman were stopped by a pair of sailors, asking if the lady required any direction. However, as they were Rokugani men, Isabella was having some trouble with the specifics.

Language: Sign, Mekhem
Attendant - Isabella [Merenease, Mekhem]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:18 pm 

"Bring Seppun-san and her retainer aboard
" the Miya shouted after a sharp whistle. "We have much to discuss."

The sailors looked back at him, then nodded and guided the women onboard.

"Once the ship is secure, everyone has leave to go ashore. Report back at noon." he told the crew, repeating the directive in Merenaese. Turning his attention to Kaiya, he bowed. "Welcome to the Yamato Maru, Seppun-san."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:44 pm 

Isabella perked up when Edogawa repeated the message in Merenaese, eyes brighter and smile wide she stepped forward confidently beside Seppun Kaiya herself. Both women stepped aboard the ship, Isabella looking about the sailors but Kaiya's only attention was forward to the man in charge. Kaiya bowed as Isabella offered her best curtsy to the man.

"Hello Se-" Isabella stopped short as seemed to be motioning something, but she didn't fully understand it herself. It was faster, more flowing, and the girl suddenly realized Kaiya had been going slow in her speaking for her up until this point. However, the message wasn't for her at all.

'Good morning, Edogawa,' Kaiya signed, the hint of a smile at her lips but she concealed all else for the presence of others.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:28 pm 

"Good morning, Kaiya, my love." he smiled. Offering a bow to both women, he introduced himself to Isabella. "Good mornimg, senorita. I am Miya Edogawa."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:58 pm 

Isabella couldn't make out the words the two shared, but she had a heart for romantics and her suspicions. Wearing a grin, looking from on high, she cheerfully fell into her piece, "Good morning señor, I can see now why Lady Seppun wished to come here. My heart grows fuller from just seeing it myself, what you have here," she wore her grin with pride, allowed a space for effect and then finished, "it is a wonderful ship you have. Such a beauty to behold. Had I been in my Lady's position, I too would find the excuse to come here just to see it."

"Isabella," she said with a light curtsy. Igniting the moment of returned gestures, Kaiya bowed to Edogawa as proper.

'This is Isabella,' Kaiya signed, Isabella's name was a new sign for Edogawa to learn but Kaiya was certain he would discover it's meaning in the context, 'I have taken her on so she might speak for me in other matters. I thought it best to introduce you two, at some point. Now seemed wisest.'

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:30 pm 

"Welcome, Isabella. Allow me to show you both around." he beckoned for them to follow as he crossed the deck. "That's very wise. I hope Sakia is alright?"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:05 am 

"Oh, please do señor. There is something special about this ship, I can feel it, like an energy that just makes you feel so alive," Isabella continued, feeling a bit relaxed and energetic aboard the Yamato Maru. Without seeming reason she just felt so much more alive. As if the fires of her heart were lending her part of themselves.

'Sakia is fine, it was best to offer her a place she might find some peace,' Kaiya signed while Isabella spoke. The others womans energy seemed lost upon the Imperial maiden.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:30 am 

"The Yamato Maru has been through quite a lot. Those experiences have given it character." he led them towards the aftercastle. "She's very energetic. You'll have your hands full, but you can handle it. You look well."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:45 am 

Kaiya inclined her head to that, a touch of her smile at her lips. Walking along with Edogawa she exchanged turns keeping an eye on where they walked as each paid attention to the others sign.

'She is a girl with talent, that much is sure.' she signed, letting a light breath escape. Tension building in the moment and washing away on the breath before she slipped to other topics. 'Do you know the woman who is first mate on the Kunshu Maru?'

"It is almost like the ship has a life of it's own! Stories, and hardships only it has known to see. It is no wonder then that you feel it's heart beating as you walk along her," she said with a light, warm sigh.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:14 am 

They reached the captain's cabin and he led them inside.

"You can explore it more if you like, Isabella."

"I know her, yes. Has something happened?"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:10 am 

Once inside, Isabella took to the more private space openly. Stepping toward the center of the room she got her bearing with a gentle full turn about the room.

"Thank you, Señor," she said with a pleasant warmth.

Meanwhile, Kaiya remained with Edogawa by the entrance. Stopping there so that they might speak more directly.

'How much do you know of this woman and her recent efforts?'

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:57 am 

"She is of a Merenaese house, but has sworn fealty to the Tortoise. Specifically, she is very loyal to the new champion, recognized by Hantei-no-kimi." he explained. "She has been investigating something from the past, from Teodoro's time. That led her to discovering the truth about the Emperor. Even so, she does not trust Hantei-no-kimi. She believes he is only seeking power, to oppose his brother with. And, she believes he is undermining the duties of the Tortoise."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:37 am 

'I wonder what she even knows of Tortoise duties,' she signed, glancing off over the room. Watching for a moment as Isabella moved about it looking through all sorts of things. Cursory glances at best. Turning back to Edogawa she continued, 'What truth about the Emperor?'

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:58 am 

"He was the Empress' true son and heir, fathered by her lover, Teodoro." he answered. "I learned through Teodoro's memories. She learned through something here on the island."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:08 am 

'There are a great many things this woman appears to know,' she offered a piece of what was on her mind to Edogawa. Then, steeled herself for what she was going to ask him to do for her. 'Do you know of what she has been doing since we arrived here?'

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:24 am 

"Beyond what I mentioned, no." he shook his head. "I've had other things to be concerned with. Exploration, the spirit passage in the northern waters and whatever's within it."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:30 am 

'If you learn of it, I would ask you to tell me but it may be best for you not to mention our relationship if what you say of her is true. Beyond that, Edogawa, would you tell me more about this Spirit Portal?'

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:46 am 

"That is a long conversation, and not one I have all of the words for." he said aloud. He motioned for her to sit down in the cabin. "Isabella, feel free to make yourself comfortable while we talk. There are some refreshments on the table in the corner. You can explore the rest of the ship also, if you'd like."

He sat down himself. "The passage is connected to several Spirit Realms. Yume-do. Gaki-go. Sakkaku. Perhaps, Chikushudo and Meido. Maybe even Yomi or Tengoku. On one of the islands, we encountered a snake creature. She explained that there was something widening the passage, something we had stirred. I was concerned that it was due to the exploration, but she suggested it was something else. Whatever this entity is, she said It had been sealed away by the Crane. She said it had fed off of conflict within the clan before and that it was doing so again."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:43 am 

Isabella looked up from a few books she as sifting through, pulling them from shelves and giving a cursory glance of the inside of the cover before placing it back on the shelf. Only to follow the same routine with another book selected at random. From the tomes she looked over to Edogawa as he spoke, a neutral expression turned to a warm smile as she nodded, "Thank you señor, you are most kind and hospitable. I am rather enjoying the atmosphere of this room. It is like a.. a.. it holds a sense of authority and respect. Being the man to sit in this room and call it his own speaks volumes of your character."

With that same happy smile she turned back to the book in hand for a moment, discovered once again the text was not something she could fully understand and placed it back just where she had found it. Taking her time she slowly looked about the room for the next fixture of her interest as she marked her eventual path to checking out the refreshments that had been offered.

Kaiya stepped further into the room with him. Remaining standing as he sat, 'This woman knows a great deal and yet I am starting to become less surprised this is the first I am hearing of most of it.'

With that said, Kaiya finally sat opposite him. Relaxing a little but otherwise remaining focused on Edogawa, on the task at hand.

Page 1 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next