Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:42 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 19 posts ] 

Post subject: Spiritual Guidance (Day 9, Early Afternoon)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:54 pm 

Edogawa watched the crew conduct another series of drills, as he waited for another guest. Tea had been prepared, along with the preferred snacks.

Carries: Wakizashi, Rapier, Tools
Speaks: Rokugani, Merenaese, Thranish, Sign
Accompanied By: Nari

Post subject: Re: Spiritual Guidance (Day 9, Early Afternoon)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:20 pm 

Yajinden entered the deck by a gangplank, and then made his own assessment of crewmen Edogawa had recruited. They were practically exclusively foreigners.

"The roots of evil don't rest in Jigoku, but within the hearts of men."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:24 pm 

"Good Afternoon, Asahina-sama." he bowed deeply. "And, welcome aboard the Yamato Maru. I have tea prepared, if you'd like, unless you'd prefer to proceed with an assessment of the ship?"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:37 am 

"Perhaps duty first, Miya-san." Yajinden inclined his head for a greeting. "What can you tell me about how the vessel is coming together?"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:06 am 

"The repairs have been completed, with some minor modifications." he explained. "Structurally, there are no lingering issues and I expect her to perform as well as the others, possibly better. There are a few oddities the crew and I have observed, however. As you can see, the planks have an unusual orange hue. Beyond that, they actually glow faintly in darkness. There is also this."

He led the Crane to a small brazier with unlit coals. With a tinderbox, he lit the coals. They ignited quickly, engulfed in large, vibrant flames.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:58 am 

Yajinden wrinkled his nose as he closed his eyes for a moment, bringing hands closer to the flame.

"...It looks like Fire Kami have decided to take abode here rather than to disperse. I would probably call it unusual if anything about the kami was usual here this far from Rokugan." He smiled a little. "It looks like you have some divine crew on top of the mundane on here, Miya-san."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:20 am 

"I thought that might be the case." he nodded. "Seppun Hikari-san will inspect the ship fully, I'm sure. But, I wanted you to be aware of the situation, so that you may use this resource fully. Considering the situation with the rift, we may need more assistance e from the kami."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:25 am 

Yajinden looked at Edogawa.

"What do you mean when you say 'the rift'?"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:36 am 

"The passage to the north." he answered. "It connects to multiple realms. Yume-do. Gaki-do. Chikushudo. And, likely others. The Kunshu Maru and Amaterasu's Grace returned to the island Kitsu-san and I discovered before. We encountered a snake creature who warned us that we had awakened something, something that was widening the passages as it tried to escape. She suggested that the Crane had trapped it before and that the conflict within the clan was what was empowering it."

"Does any of that make sense to you, Asahina-sama?"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:21 am 

"It does." Yajinden chose not to lie about it. "Circumstantial evidence for this area is to have been one important for the ancient race of the Naga who have a special connection to the Realm of Dreams. Usually, Yume-do is robust enough to prevent deep forays of other Realms into it as it is the expansive one. But here, it may have collapsed or have been collapsing for a reason another set of circumstantial evidence may point us to."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:31 am 

"When Kitsu-san and I first sailed through the mist, we passed a giant web, narrowly escaping it." he added. "There are many dangers in there. She told me the web was close to where the creature she warned about was. She also mentioned the 'last island' was in danger of being devoured, but that we could stop it."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:50 am 

"Interesting. The creature probably meant encroachment of one or the other Spirit Realm onto Ningen-do. This may have happened with some of the other islands up north. I believe they may have been a part of our world before."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:58 pm 

"I thought this might be the last island." he nodded. "That makes it even more important to find a way to stop it. I will be exploring the northern waters with my sister today. I may take the Yamato north myself, tomorrow."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:34 pm 

"Do report the findings. Finding the Thranish base is a priority."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:42 pm 

"Of course, Asahina-sama." he dipped his head. "What about Big Head Island? Should we return there to speak further with this naga?"

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:52 pm 

"I don't know how useful she can be. But certainly the creature engaged you with her own story on her own terms, and she mentioned being a guardian. I wonder what it is that she guards."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:07 pm 

"I was wondering that myself." he nodded. "The island itself is full of resources. We didn't see any other naga, but it seems unlikely that she was alone. I don't think they are a threat, but it is difficult to say without knowing more."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:39 pm 

"They once were a formidable race, with global outreach. Fragments of their legacy are scattered all across the world. I know there are some ruins of their ancient cities in Rokugan as well, in Shinomen. But as you see, they have been even here."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:53 pm 

"She also may be the only one who can tell us more about this devourer." he said. "And, how we might be able to stop it."

Page 1 of 1 [ 19 posts ]