Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:02 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Post subject: (Rooster 19 Evening) We Made It This Far
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:09 pm 

Yogo Akarei made her rounds through the ship. Inspections had followed through without much issue, something she had attributed to her own brilliance. She watched one of the peasant sailors vomit over the ship, something that made her simply roll her eyes behind her mask.

---

Rooster 19 Seasick Roll, VP Spent TN 15: 4d10o10k4 36

General Theme | Stargazing Theme | Battle Theme

Typically Carries: Robes, Mask, Fan, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Divination Kit, Paper Wards

Post subject: Re: (Rooster 19 Evening) We Made It This Far
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:26 am 

Isamu had also been doing some rounds, making sure that his troops were settled as well as they could be considering the fact they were floating on a giant gaijin designed pile of wood in the middle on nowhere. They were holding up pretty well considering. Nothing had gone wrong yet (thank the kami), but they had many days ahead of them yet.

He has holding up well under the rocking of the ship, and there was no way he was going to let these gaijin-obsessed people see how uneasy he was about this.

Seeing one of the senior officers on the ship, he bowed politely but kept his silence for the moment.

[Ooc] seasickness roll passed

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:08 am 

The Yogo stopped when she came across another samurai. She returned the bow to him and then smiled. "Shiba-san, it occurs to me we have barely had a moment to speak. They say a first officer should know every person on her ship."

Typically Carries: Robes, Mask, Fan, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Divination Kit, Paper Wards

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:32 am 

At least it wasn't a Lion. Then again, she's here… but so am I.

He returned a very small and controlled smile. "It is indeed important to be aware of who you are working with, especially in such…" he looked around a little "close quarters. Shiba Isamu. I thank you for providing for my squad, and ensure you that they are ready to engage any hostile forces whenever needed."

That is, if this 'ship' doesn't kill us all first.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:24 am 

"Excellent. As the rearguard, it is our duty to be prepared for any threat." The Scorpion looked at the rest of the retinue aboard the ship, many trained to wield arms. "After the first voyage, I foresee us exploring new territories without the support of the rest of the fleet. If we were to encounter any hostile gaijin, then I am sure they will regret facing your steel."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:11 pm 

Interesting. A number of those that he had encountered prior to departure had been lost in dreams of glory and success, unable to realise that they were heading into hostile territory. He was glad that at least someone realised the reality of the situation.

"I can assure you of that." He took a moment to take into account her garb. "I have been talking with the shugenja under my command and she has informed me that the kami are becoming more scarce. Is this something that is to be expected? Do the kami not exist beyond the horizon?"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:49 pm 

Hikari strolled out from her cabin, a slowly diminishing handful of peanuts in her hand. She was starting to get the hang of this wavemotion thing.

She noticed the two samurai conversing, and overheard mention of the kami scarcity. If not for that, she might not have approached them at this hour.

"Konbanwa," the magistrate offered with a small bow. "They do appear less common here, if you'll pardon the intrusion."

third seasickness roll, TN15: 3d10o10k3 15

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:30 pm 

"The kami become more dormant as we progress farther from the Elemental Dragons." She turned to her superior and gave her a bow. "Seppun-sama, there is no problem at all." The redhead looked back to the bushi and gave a small nod. "The most important point is that it will be more difficult for us to enact our prayers."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:43 pm 

"Which... is a problem, yes?" she said, seeming far more amused about it than she should be. "At first I had thought it might be because the water kami were drowning out all others. There I have little in the way of a raport with them, I could not test it myself at first, but now I believe it is a more fundamental matter."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:16 am 

Isamu bowed at the approach of the Seppun, as always careful with the formalities.

Not the strongest looking Imperial I've ever seen, to be sure. And a bit slow by the sound of it.

"That does seem like it could have a negative effect on us." As well as being a clear indicator that any decent Rokugani citizen should have turned back by now, but of course let's ignore that. "I cannot speak to the kami myself, but i would think that they would be very useful in heloing up know where we are going."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:33 pm 

"The stars have been my guide thus far," the redhead replied with a faint smile, "If the kami cannot speak to us here, then we can instead see the signs of the Fortunes and ancestors."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:23 am 

A slight narrowing of the eyes indicated that this was nowwhat he had wanted to hear. He also thought that calling upon the ancestors to show you where to go was a little blasphemous, but then remembered that some peole used the stars and heavens for divination, and how was this different apart from the impact being more immediate?

Isamu's expression changed toone of mild distrust and his eyes glazed over a little. It appeared that they had just moved from territory where he had some knowledge to one where he had absolutely no idea. That was how these things got you… a little bit at a time.

Still, she seemed confident, and she must have some skills to earn her place. "Let's hope that there will be no problems with you correctly interpreting the messages of those that have gone before, then." He couldn't let the opportunity for the subtle dig to pass.

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ]