Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:27 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 2 of 2 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: (Rooster 21 Evening) Star Watcher
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:45 pm 

The woman held her tongue on the Sparrow's current situation. Perhaps if she was feeling more cruel she would have mocked him for it but instead her mood was one of melancholy. "I suppose it is in your best interest that I find a way to alleviate the Curse. Wouldn't want me betraying our children or our children following suit, now would you?"

General Theme | Stargazing Theme | Battle Theme

Typically Carries: Robes, Mask, Fan, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Divination Kit, Paper Wards

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:01 pm 

"I don't..."

Rokuro inhaled, held it, and then let it back out, slowly. "I wouldn't mind if you fell for me, Akarei-san... if it could free you, let you love your children... I'd accept whatever came. If we could spare you and our future children that burden, even better."

He glanced at her, wondering what she was thinking, behind the mask.

Description :: Theme :: Strife

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:08 am 

"You're a damned fool then if you don't care about the Curse harming you," she hissed. She stormed off back to her stargazing spot to catch her breath. "But you won't have to worry. I will find a way to fix it out here." She let out a harsh sigh as she shuddered in frustration. "My children will not suffer under it."

Typically Carries: Robes, Mask, Fan, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Divination Kit, Paper Wards

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:12 am 

Rokuro frowned, and followed her, stopping a pace away.

"I would be a poor husband if I didn't try and free you from this curse!"

He lowered his voice. "I told you... I don't desire trouble but I don't fear it. I just... I can't look away when you're bearing this kind of burden... I'm supposed to be your partner... some day, your husband."

A weary sigh, and he turned away, sitting down by the tiller, resting his head against his hand. "What can I do to show you that I mean it?"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:21 am 

"You cannot force the curse, Rokuro-san." She let out a sigh. "You also cannot run from it."

The woman kept her head turned away, towards the sea now. Perhaps now was the time for her to pay attention to the waves. "You can prove yourself by helping me complete my task."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:32 am 

"I'll do anything I can."

He buried his face in his hands. "You can't force it... but do you have to use it as a wall against me? I know the risk... I'm not afraid."

Rubbing his eyes wearily, he added, softly, "I'm not trying to be pushy... I'm trying to help... damn it."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:22 am 

The woman let out an annoyed sigh. "I am closed off from everyone. That is the way of the Yogo." She turned over to him and looked him over. "You ought to return to your stoic attitude. It's more becoming of you."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:34 am 

Rokuro laughed dryly. "Stoicism. Is that what we'll call it?"

He waved one hand airily. "Don't misunderstand, if you choose to never give me your trust, I will endure it. I suspect it will be a far greater torture than any betrayal you could inflict upon me."

Taking a slow breath, he added, "If you wish, I will suffer it, all the same. I told you before, I'll tell you now... I would face betrayal if it freed you; you are my betrothed, some day, the mother of my children. Love is not simply passion, Akarei-san, it is also a choice... and a duty."

Clasping his hands together, he added, softly, "I would take what I am given and make it a blessing, and not a curse. I would be a blessing for you, Akarei, if I could only decipher how."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:03 am 

"It's not just an active choice, you know. I am not the sort of woman to be affectionate quickly, if ever." She gestured to her family mon and let out a sigh. "It could be enlightening for you to see a family dinner between my father and I. It is simply how we conduct our affairs."

Akarei turned to him with a small smirk. "Let me know if you figure out how to make it a blessing," she said wearily.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:09 am 

"I know... and I won't demand you act like someone you aren't."

He rose, dusting off his knees, and rested against the tiller, more composed.

"I only ask you not to... throw up a wall for my sake. Trust me a little... I'm not so fragile. I accept that what will be, will be."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:14 am 

The redhead let out another sigh. "I have been more open with you than others, Rokuro-san. Do not discount that."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:34 am 

He nodded, and then said, with a wry smile.

"I don't."

Looking over the deck of the Yamato, he added, "You know... I didn't expect to become a captain. Fate plays funny games with us, doesn't it? Do you ever wonder if anyone will ever explain... why?"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:42 am 

"I look to the portents. If they do not wish to explain it to me, then I simply hope it will become clear later." The woman gave a soft smile. "Perhaps that will put you at ease."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:18 pm 

He chuckled.

"I suppose that's a good mirror to my stoicism."

With a faint smile, he added, "That's the point of what I'm trying to say... we don't know what will come... so I won't let the future control me. I'll do the best I can, and pick up the pieces."

Gesturing toward the ship, he added, "So what is your dream for the future? Over the horizon, what are you hoping to find?"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:46 pm 

"I already told you my dream. There is nothing else out here for me." The woman let out a wistful sigh. "Perhaps I find it to be a dull affair. Perhaps I do not want to distract myself from my ultimate goal on this journey."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:53 pm 

"Nothing else you'd like to find?"

He raised an eyebrow.

"I suppose that is impressive focus, though sometimes if we search too intensely, we might miss clues that hide in plain sight."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:10 pm 

"There are problems I would rather be solving at home. It is why I became a Jade Yoriki." The woman let out a small chuckle. "But sometimes, there are conflicts in duties, and one must be prioritized over the other." She walked away from her post and stared at him through her mask. "I am not here for adventure, Rokuro-san." And with that, she was ready to head back to her quarters.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:11 am 

He smirked faintly. "I suppose we have that in common."

Then he bowed, and turned back to the Ocean, not intending to keep her longer than she wished.

Page 2 of 2 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2