Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:41 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 2 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: (Rooster 21 Evening) Star Watcher
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:16 pm 

As per her duties, Akarei went to the highest point on the ship and removed her mask so that she could look at the sky unhindered. She was certain they were following the right path but she had to be sure they did not lose track of the other ships.

---

Rooster 21 Seasick Roll, VP Spent TN 15: 4d10o10k4 17

General Theme | Stargazing Theme | Battle Theme

Typically Carries: Robes, Mask, Fan, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Divination Kit, Paper Wards

Post subject: Re: (Rooster 21 Evening) Star Watcher
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:23 am 

(Super sea legs, so no issue for Rokuro)

Given the highest point, apart from one of the masts, was the wheelhouse, she heard footsteps not long after.

Rokuro was checking on the helm, even if they weren't going anywhere, he figured he should make sure it was fine.

Seeing someone else, there, he paused, realizing who it was, with her back to him, that hair was unmistakable.

He wondered if she'd push him away again.

Description :: Theme :: Strife

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:06 am 

The woman first replaced her mask and looked back, ready to lecture yet another crew member on disturbing her, but she held her tongue. "Suzume-sama." She gave the man a bow and then glanced around past him. "Making rounds?"

Typically Carries: Robes, Mask, Fan, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Divination Kit, Paper Wards

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:42 am 

He grimaced, and then said, softly, "Suzume-sama?"

Crossing the wheelhouse, he stopped by the tiller, several paces away. It placed him the furthest from the light of the stars, and hid his expression from all but the sharp of eye.

We're alone up here... but I guess that doesn't matter, if you don't even trust me to leave that mask off...

"If you wanted to leave your mask off, I won't look."

Leaning against the massive wooden beam with his back to Akarei, he took some satisfaction in seeing it had been properly bound while they were at a standstill. His crew was good at their jobs, even if he wasn't, yet.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:00 am 

"I would not want to give the crew the wrong impression." She glanced past him once more. "Rokuro-san."

The woman took his word for it and turned back around to look at the stars. She took off her mask and held it firmly in one hand, stance ready to don it once again if necessary. "I can safely say we have had no problems finding our course."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:01 am 

"Hai, and I suppose, unfortunately, you've been denied the chance to prove your own abilities, tied as we are to the formation."

Rokuro kept his back to her, and studied the waves, barely visible in the darkness.

"You know, I didn't think I'd get used to it so quickly, but it already feels... normal... out here."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:10 am 

"It is still a new experience," she mused, "I have never been on a boat before." The woman let out a soft sigh. "Probably why the crew does not respect me. But I, like you, already feel a certain connection to the seafaring life."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:35 am 

"It's almost like a little castle... in a very empty land."

He tucked his hands into his sleeves.

"It's a desert... of water. Impossible to really grasp how vast it is till you're out in the middle of it."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:53 am 

"Huh. Not the way I thought of it." The woman then focused on looking to the sky. A small yawn escaped her, one that she was sure to muffle.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:28 pm 

He started to glance toward her, and then caught himself, forcing his gaze back to the distant waves.

"How do you see it? If you don't mind sharing?"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:56 pm 

"I am able to have a different view of the stars," she stated plainly, "That is where my focus has been."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:20 pm 

He listened in silence.

"Ah... so you don't look at the waves, then?"

He was trying to follow her point, careful not to overdo it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:31 pm 

"When necessary for sailing. But I have never been too beholden by the ocean or lakes or rivers."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:53 pm 

He contemplated that in silence, and then said, softly, "So how do you feel about the journey so far? Any thoughts?"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:40 pm 

"Tedious. I wanted to explore, not follow a path laid out to us by others." she admitted. She let out a small chuckle. "I suppose that sounds ridiculous. I have never even set sail before and I am already treating myself like an expert."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:37 pm 

He chuckled. "It's never pleasant being tightly bound, even as a Captain, I hardly feel any more in command than I did before."

Shaking his head, he added, "I suppose we both are ridiculous; I want to be striking out on my own too, even if I know I can't."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:40 pm 

"Well, be sure to not show that to the men. I am sure they would not appreciate hearing those thoughts."

The woman let out a soft chuckle. "Why do you want to explore then?"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:59 pm 

"Of course, we both know our duty... even if we both wish it were more exciting."

He sighed, resting his hands on the tiller.

"I suppose I'm out here for my clan. I want to find... something. I'm not sure what... but something... something to set us on a new... a better... path."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:09 pm 

The woman shook her head. "It is not about the excitement. It is more-so a conflict in duty." She replaced her mask and walked over to him. "It appears we have similar desires, the betterment of our Clans. Our Family." The woman looked him over and smirked. "I suppose in your case, you are unsure of how to better their position. For the Tansaku, and the Yogo as a whole, the goal is quite clear."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:26 pm 

When she approached, he glanced at her, wondering if she'd kept the mask off.

Nope.

Wondering if he'd ever see her eyes, he nodded faintly, "Hai... I suppose so. For my clan, I guess I'm one of the few who think the current way... won't last. Can't last."

A slow breath. "I don't know what I can do to help with your goal, but if there is anything I can... you need only ask."

Page 1 of 2 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next