Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:57 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 3 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post subject: Re: Inspection Day: Family Visit (Rooster 26, Morning)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:45 pm 

She listened attentively to Sanjuro's words; as both men were usual rather stoic and rarely sharing in such moment like this. But she could certainly see what it must have been like, seeing as it was still like that between the two of them.

"Hm," she nodded, even if she didn't think her son was like that, but... it was easy to fall into the trap of being the favoured eldest child. Utsusemi had seen it with her own brother. Not that he treated his younger sisters the same way Ryuden seemed to treat Sanjuro, but he was still, for lack of a better work, a prick.

"I don't want him to be like that." Her voice was firm. She would have failed as a mother if he turned out like that. "... Though, when you put it like that, I have a feeling it will be hard to keep him grounded, and kind to his sister. Especially if she doesn't have the same gift he does."

Part of her suspected some of Ryuden's arrogance over his brother was not only age, but the power granted to him by the kami, despite the current social situation around them.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:34 pm 

"My brother will be more keen on nurturing Yoshi-kun. One way to deal with the disparity is to focus more on Tsumugi-chan and her future." He paused, frowning with genuine concern. For a moment he may have forgotten he was not supposed to be making calls like their formal parent was entitled to. "Perhaps by arranging a schooling for her somewhere away from the mountains."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:54 pm 

Utsusemi nodded, not minding that their 'uncle' was showing an interest in their well-being. They were family, so nothing wrong with appearances there. "Mhm, I have been thinking of it, once she grows up a little more and her talents become more visible. I know my parents would be overjoyed if she were to train with the Crane, but..." she trailed off a little. There was the issue of the current daimyo and all. Maybe the Daidoji? Hotaru would be ecstatic in that case.

"It's still some time off. Right now I just want her to enjoy childhood before the pressures of expections become too much," the mother's smile was very fond as she spoke of her daughter. "They grow up so fast, you know..."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:17 pm 

"I imagine." He thinned his lips. He would like to know better, but it had to be left unsaid. "I am sure you're a very good mother to them. You know what's best." He sighed, trying to distance himself mentally from the issue. A few words more and he would say something she would have to gently chide him for. There was no purpose in getting them both to where there was some truth but a lot more of awkwardness.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:35 pm 

It did seem like the subject had been pushed to its point, given the locale and their surroundings, and she let it go for now. Though it had given her a small measure of happiness (for a fleeting moment) and relief to share it with Sanjuro.

And it seemed like it was a good time for them both to return to their work. "I should probably get back to the ship, make sure everything's going smoothly. I will leave some of the tea with you... should be enough for a few more cups on the trip." She looked up at him and allowed herself a warm smile for him. "You can have one more of the sweets too, if you wish."

Theme #5Profile

Page 3 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3