Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:04 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Post subject: Inspection! Rooster 26 A - Scorpion on a Boat
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:18 am 

While the Amaterasu's Grace was not aasigned to the Yamato, there were several row boats that were used for the Son of Heaven, and crew and officer transfers. Anzai had made his way aboard one to visit Tansaku-sama. His umbrella opened, shielding himself from the hot sun.

Walking aboard the deck, he began asking the crew where he could find the first officer. They had some catching up to do.

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"
Carries on person: Wakizashi, Tanto, Gaijin clothing

Post subject: Re: Inspection! Rooster 26 A - Scorpion on a Boat
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:26 am 

The redhead priestess walked over to address the Shosuro as soon as she had heard of his arrival. She gave him a polite bow and looked to the transferring ships. "How fares your journey? I hope it has lived up to your excitement, Shosuro-san."

General Theme | Stargazing Theme | Battle Theme

Typically Carries: Robes, Mask, Fan, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Divination Kit, Paper Wards

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:36 am 

He bowed deeply in return, then nodding his head. "Hai, Tansaku-sama. It has been different than what I expected, but it has matched my level of excitement." He offered her the shade of his umbrella, looking out with her.

"Serving aboard the flagship has been quite interesting. You should hear what some of the Merenae sailors have to say. The diversity of the crew, I think, will be good for our travels." He nodded, masking his excitement with cool indifference.

"And yours? Must be nice to have your own quarters, the ability to give orders."

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:50 am 

"It may be why Seppun-sama is so cheerful." The yoriki glanced over her shoulder for the Imperial and then looked back to the other Scorpion. "It is difficult, however, to give orders. Quite difficult, in fact." She gave him a soft smile and offered with her arm. "Come, I can show you my quarters."

Typically Carries: Robes, Mask, Fan, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Divination Kit, Paper Wards

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:56 am 

"I can only imagine. I've only made myself somewhat of a... morale officer. Mainly making sure the crew there stays in good spirits, as well as keeping my ears open for any scuttlenutt. Certainly helped when we struck the doldrums." He followed along with her.

"I think command suits you. You seem to wear it well."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:07 am 

"Using that charm and wit of yours?" she teased. She opened the door to her tight abode and closed the door behind them. "What happened on your ship now, exactly?"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:13 am 

"An old member of Captain Muhaki's crew. Started sowing dissent. I found out who he was rather quickly. Muhaki-sama allowed him the honor of a gaijin duel. Killed him in front of the whole crew to stop the mutiny." He spoke dispassionately, sgrugging a bit.

"Seemed he had an issue with the way things were run with the Son of Heaven aboard. How have things been here?"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:22 am 

"A similar moment. One of the men believed that I had somehow cursed the ship and the captain." She shrugged. "Suzume-sama decapitated the man and disposed of his corpse. If I had been there, I would have executed him myself."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:26 pm 

A lesser man might jokingly comment that the Captain was defending the honor of his bride to be. Anzai was not a lesser man.

"I have no doubt you would, in a most spectacular way. But for the Captain to do so shows the resolve of the ship, the mettle of a samurai." He removed his mask as they spoke, tucking it into the sleeve of his cotton, sailing kimono. "Perhaps the calm weather had spread treason like a virulent plague. Seems all were taken care of." He offered the Yogo a smile, one of genuine friendship.

"It pleases me to see you safe and in this position, Tansaku-sama. To see a friend succeed is always a blessing."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:45 pm 

"I had heard rumors of a captain dragging a discontent sailor against the keel of his ship. It would appear that this had eliminated any ideas of rebellion." The woman thought on the matter and then shrugged. "I suppose one may consider it cruel, at least physically, but there are far worst fates for an individual."

The priestess smirked. "Safe? We are never safe out here, nor back at home. There is always danger, Shosuro-san."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:30 pm 

"That may be. But my sentiments stand." He was certainly used to her prickly nature, but didn't allow it to bother him. Instead he nodded, in aggrement. "Rumor has it the Admiral himself is pleased with the voyage thus far. We all seem to be doing something right."

The mention of keelhauling causes him to raise an eyebrow. "Cruelty is the law of the sea. We must be harsh to face it's own harshness."

He would rue those words in a few days time.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:47 pm 

"We have done well thus far, all things considered. To be honest, it surprises me still that Hantei-no-kimi had blessed us with his presence upon this voyage. I would think it safer to wait until our journeys are more established. But far be it for me to mistrust his judgment."

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ]