Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:46 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 2 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: Not so much (M3, D9)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:36 am 

Rokuro kicked himself mentally. "Of course, I didn't mean to imply otherwise."

He fixed the bulkhead with a contemplative glare.

"Still, they shouldn't assume that my respect for you is anything sinister; you're a capable woman, and you earned your place here. It's hardly fair to deny that."

An unfortunate side effect of magistracy was that you could, sometimes, come down with a bad case of justice.

Description :: Theme :: Strife

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:45 pm 

"Life is hardly fair. If it were, then I would not have underdone the trials I have so far." The woman gave a faint shrug. "I suppose I am still capable, nonetheless. That is something to be grateful for."

General Theme | Stargazing Theme | Battle Theme

Typically Carries: Robes, Mask, Fan, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Divination Kit, Paper Wards

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:48 pm 

"Hai..."

Rokuro studied her quietly, and then said softly, "You know, I think the crew will come around... maybe call it a hunch."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:04 pm 

"Some things take patience, Rokuro-san," she stated with an amused smirk.

Typically Carries: Robes, Mask, Fan, Wakizashi, Knife, Scroll Satchel, Divination Kit, Paper Wards

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:32 pm 

He studied that smirk for a moment, and then chuckled.

"You've made that clear. I didn't expect to be the one learning about patience, but you've opened my eyes to my own failings in it... I can't deny that."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:47 am 

"You have done the same for me," she admitted, still maintaining the same smirk. "In a way, the ship has been our child," she continued, "It rebels against us, we discipline it, we want it to succeed and flourish."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:33 am 

That brought an honest laugh, and Rokuro grinned. "And such a young mother. Such scandal."

Still chuckling, he added, "I won't call the crew children in public, but you have a point."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:11 am 

"I am not so young," she stated with a shrug, "Though I would not say I'm old either. As for the crew, I suppose it is best not to call them children, yes."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:44 pm 

"Certainly not in public."

Rokuro gave a little shrug.

"Yet you aren't wrong, they are our... responsibility."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:46 pm 

"I wonder of military commanders feel the same way." Akarei finally set down the list and gave her betrothed a small smile. "Maybe we should have stored more supplies than weapons. I would rather us not perish from lack of food instead of battle."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:58 pm 

That brought a chuckle.

"Hai, though we would've had plenty, if we hadn't been passing it over to other ships time and again." He tried not to sound resentful. "One would've at least liked those commanders acknowledge our support."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:02 am 

"The others traded for it," she stated with a shrug, "It is not quite our ship versus theirs anyways. This voyage is all under the command of Hantei-no-kimi, after all."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:45 am 

"Hai."

He sighed.

"Though sometimes what we got was a receipt."

With a dry chuckle, he added, "Still, I suppose I shouldn't have been surprised, we have deep holds, after all."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:27 am 

"It is our duty to trade with them," she stated with a firmer tone, "It is not a matter of what is ours or theirs. We are a collective." The redhead let out a sigh and shook her head. "I would rather not have to repeat myself again and again."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:24 am 

Rokuro sighed. "Hai, I suppose I should be more clear."

He tapped the side of a barrel. "As captain, I feel some obligation to my own crew in particular. It will be necessary for all six vessels to ration themselves, or rationing by one cannot make up the difference."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:28 am 

"Let us hope that the other crews are undergoing rations as well. After all, it is hard for me to imagine that any crew would dare push the load on the rest." She suddenly let out a laugh and smirked. "And here I thought the Tansaku were the cynical ones."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:07 am 

"I'm a Sparrow... we haven't long considered the Great clans prone to... how should I say... restraint."

He gave an apologetic shrug. "So many don't realize where their food comes from in more than the vaguest theory, it can be easy for them to forget it can run out."

Shaking his head, he added, "But you make a good point, I should have more faith in my fellows."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:17 am 

She gave a soft shrug. "My family is not well known for its wealth. At the very least, I understand that food is not something to take for granted." The woman glanced at the supplies around them and then back to Rokuro. "Besides, I would say that it is up to the majority of the crew to manage the rationing, not us samurai."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:20 am 

"We still set the tone."

A soft chuckle.

"Well, I suppose we shouldn't loiter too long, lest the crew rumors grow more lurid in substance."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:46 am 

"More lurid," she stated, a bit taken aback. The woman patted down any dust and straightened out her clothing. "I see. I suppose it would be better to avoid that." She spun around on her heel and walked away without another word.

Page 2 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next