Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:32 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 2 of 2 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Inspection Day 2: Yogo Boogaloo (Dog 6, Afternoon)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:49 pm 

Easier said than done.

"Well, the clans are all greatly varied, it takes some time to adjust to. Having married into the Dragon from the Crane, I am well aware of how many differences there are to take into account; different local dialects to adjust to, customs specific to clan or families... oops, sorry, I'm rambling about myself now." Utsusemi waved her hand a little to push aside her own story for now. "Anyway, the point is, changing clans through marriage is more than just adjusting to a new name. Perhaps you could share with her the many different customs of the Sparrow, so she will be better prepared for them."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:54 pm 

"Of course... though I didn't want to push her on it..."

I'd already been pushy enough about the curse.

"Perhaps if you wanted to talk about that experience with her, the things you had to learn? She may get some comfort from that?"

Description :: Theme :: Strife

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:48 pm 

Another nod. "I'd be happy to do so, for her sake. As I am not a Scorpion myself, perhaps you could gain further insight on her Family by speaking with the other Scorpion samurai on this expedition, such as Shosuro Anzai-san, maybe?" she offered, thinking perhaps it would be easier for two men to talk over something like that.

Men were rather difficult beings sometimes.

"But there is no need to push just you alone. Give yourself and Yogo-san time to become adjusted to the future that awaits you both. Family life is not always easy to adjust to, but it will come in time as you grow to understand eachother better."

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:45 pm 

"I'm not entirely certain I follow your final comment, Agasha-san, forgive me."

Rokuro had nodded along until that last line, "I know that it will take time to adjust, I'm just not certain what push you reference..."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:49 pm 

"Ah, my apologies. What I mean is, if you think of a marriage to be a cart, that sometimes must be pushed or pulled, it might sometimes be pointless to try and push on your own instead of seeing how you can get both to help push it forward. Sorry for not being clear, it is a phrase I have heard sometimes in the lands of my new clan." She looked lightly flustered over her own little misunderstanding.

I've spent too long in Dragon lands, I'm starting to sound like I'm speaking in riddles. Dear Fortunes...

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:52 pm 

"Ah. Of course."

He smiled faintly. "My clan has a similar sentiment, though the terms are a little different."

Not likely she knows much about ploughs.

"I suppose that is true; I just have been clumsy in trying to convince her... I haven't seen the ways she is trying to push, I've been too convinced of my own method. I've been starting to realize that."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:57 pm 

Well, at least he was being honest, and she had to give him credit for admitting that his approach had not been ideal.

"May I ask what is your method then, if we are to consider other methods?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:30 pm 

A sip of tea, to give him time to formulate an answer.

Hrm.

After a pause, he finally said, "Straightforward honesty. Attempting to address matters head on."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:53 pm 

She nodded, seeming to approve. "Well, I will certainly not fault your choice of method. Honesty and straightforwardness leave little room for misunderstanding of intention."

Honestly, she couldn't see Akarei being the type to like someone dancing around the subject politely. "From my impression of Yogo-san, she seems to be the type to appriciate such an approach." Utsusemi was about to say that he shouldn't give up on being romantic, then she remembered that the Yogo were not really fond of such things.

"... But I can see how Yogo-san considers the reputation of her Family to be a detriment in your relationship. It makes certain parts of courtship and romance rather difficult. Benten is oft invoked to bless marriages, as well as Musubi-no-kami."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:30 am 

"Yes, and my explanation that I would rather her be... open to such a blessing... was not well received. I'm afraid she thinks I don't take her condition seriously, but I simply value..."

Rokuro struggle for words.

"I'd rather suffer a curse, than live my life allowing my wife to bear that burden alone. I guess she felt I didn't understand."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:39 am 

How tempting it was to sit this noble Sparrow down with her husband, in hopes that the Suzume would knock some of that advice into Ryuden's arrogant head.

"That is very kind of you to say... you are a very noble man, Suzume-san," her smile came sincerely, "but I can understand why she might feel that way. From what I have been told, the Yogo are very serious about this condition... it is difficult for an outsider to understand what it must be like for an entire family to be cursed, for generations."

"However, it is a burden you share already, regardless if she wants it or not, as you have been tied to eachother's fates now."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:00 am 

Rokuro flushed at her praise, but endured it quietly.

As she made that final comment, he nodded.

"I know... and I just wish I knew how best to share it. After all, I could try to keep it from coming about, but then all I do is hide from it. I condemn her to feel nothing... I cannot free her to care for her children."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:01 pm 

She turned a little more concerned and serious as the topic changed to children.

"Speaking as a mother, it is difficult to not love one's own children," she nodded solemnly. "Something I suspect she has already thought much about... but I will see if I can speak with her privately at a later date. Some things are easier to speak of between women."

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:57 pm 

"Of course..."

He looked a little embarrassed. "I know it sounds foolish, but I'd like her to be free to love our children, just for their happiness."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:07 pm 

Utsusemi shook her head with a sympathic smile. "There is nothing foolish for wanting a sense of normalcy, all things considered, and for wanting a mother to love her children."

Sensing the awkwardness of the Sparrow, she tried to nudge the conversation a little bit away from its problems. "It is good to see you are very responsible about this betrothal, and carefully considering its problems - Miya Odorihime-sama will be very pleased at least to hear that. I am certain it will be a beneficial union for both of your families. The Sparrow do not have many shugenja, I understand?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:42 am 

"We do not."

He gave a little shrug.

"Our initial family didn't include any, and so we never were able to foster one."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:50 am 

"In that case, it will certainly be easy for Yogo-san to find a good place in your clan, seeing as her gifts are quite the rarity," she didn't seem to show the current distaste for shugenja herself. Probably because she was too married to one.

"... That is, given that there is no strong stigma around shugenja among the Suzume?"

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:25 am 

Rokuro shrugged. "Likely no more than a major clanner will feel a stigma toward the Suzume."

Page 2 of 2 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2